It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Political Agitator Finds a Double Edged Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

A Political Agitator Finds a Double Edged Weapon

www.nytimes.com

Mr. Stark’s latest project has taken him to the Web site of Mr. Obama, who happens to be Mr. Stark’s choice for president. And while he said he did not relish making Mr. Obama a target, Mr. Stark is using the candidate’s own social-networking portal, my.barackobama.com, to confront him.

A little more than a week ago, Mr. Stark suggested to a group of liberal activists who share an e-mail list that they should organize a group on the portal to lobby their candidate to oppose legislation granting legal immunity to telecommunications companies that cooperated with the Bush administration’s program of wiretapping without warrants. The immunity is part of an update of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA, that is set to be debated this week.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that my.barackobama.com could be used to communicate with him on policy matters, but it seems like a good way for Obama supporters to open a dialogue with him. I personally don't agree with immunity for telecommunications companies; I look forward to seeing how this issue is resolved.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join