It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto has to Accept Full Responsibility for Genetic Contamination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
I

Bt only controls a certain type of insect...it doesn't kill any insect that comes into contact with it...get your facts straight.....yeah, do more googling. I'll use my brain. *giggle*

alternative Source

originally posted at

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Long Lance
Source

Milkweed samples were taken from within and at the edge of the Bt corn field and were used to assess mortality of first instar monarch, D. plexippus exposed to Bt and non-Bt corn pollen. Within 48 hours, there was 19% mortality in the Bt corn pollen treatment, compared to 0% on non Bt-corn pollen exposed plants and 3% in the no pollen controls. This second study counters all the spurious arguments that the Losey's study was a 'worse case scenario' that bears no relevance to field conditions. Besides which, when Losey conducted his experiments he did not spatula Bt pollen on to the leaves of milkweed, as was reported by industry, he dusted the leaves in accordance with levels observed in the field.

I hope you're aware that we need insects for pollination, randomly killing them will not just exterminate several plant species, it will upset the balance between insct species while exterminating their natural predators at the same time.

The result should be obvious: no or very few birds, tons of obnoxious insects that don't feed off plants (

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Reading your post made me wonder if Monsanto is not behind the bee problem, as they seem to be infesting the planet with toxic plants... Terrible company, it has to go.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
deleted, formatting issues somehow resolved

[edit on 2008.7.11 by Long Lance]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join