It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating your own reality, possible??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hi People,

Has anyone seen the DVD called "What the bleep do we know?", its about various topics blended together through a fictional storyline exploring things like quantum physics, spirituality, the human conscious and more.

At one point in the DVD it talks about how conscious positive thought can affect your actual physical reality and that "you create your own reality". Now I agree that positive thought can influence certain things in your life but to go as far to say "if you think your going to be happy today, you will be" is a little bit extreme.

The examples presented in the DVD are even more outlandish.

However, it did get me thinking. It's strange to think, for example, that colour doesn't actually exist as indivdual entity but is rather how the brain interprets different wavelengths of light. (This interpretation also being subjective)

Anything we hear, see, feel, smell and taste is, again, an interpretation of an electrical signal within the brain.

So what I started to wonder was, is it possible through thought to modify or change these interpretations within the brain? Then in one sense you would actually be creating your own reality.

If you are changing the way your brain interprets something then your changing the way it sees something so in effect you have altered reality as your reality is what you experience around you!

I know a lot of people might say that, yes, this is possible and can be achieved through.... Meditation!

I'm just interested in what peoples thoughts are about creating your own reality so to speak and I'm also interested in how the brain percieves the world around it.

Yours thoughts...

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Death_Kron]

CX

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Good post DK.

I think the way we interpret things makes a huge difference in our lives.

I remember listening to one of Anthony Robbin's CD's about the Power Of Emotions. Basicaly he was saying that the way you feel is totaly dependant upon you, not the person who made you feel sad or angry, not the incident that made you scared or worried.

So if someone really gets to you and makes you feel a certain emotion, you have the power to change that emotion in an instant.

Visualisation is a great tool too. I did the Body For Life challenge back in 2000, and there was one of the champions who ended up looking excatly the same body shape as his visualisation picture he plucked from the net. It was uncanny. He had focused so much on his ideal body shape nd ended up almost the double of it.

I've been looking into Mind Movies, inspirational visualisation movies that you make to make your dreams a reality. Theres tons of them on YouTube if you want to take a look. Positive thinking plays a massive part in our lives i think, some people try the mental challenges like the "10 day mental challenge" where for 10 days you can't focua on anything negative.

If anything negative enters your brain, you have to get rid of it straight away, think of it in a positive way, like a challenge rather than a burden.

It's supposed to be great and makes you feel so much better after a while.

Many methods out there, but i believe our brains have the power to make our lives so much more than they are. It's just a matter of telling our brains to do it.

Recently there was a report in the news about you being able to think yourself thin just by focusing on the last meal you had. The brain gets enough satisfaction purely from the thought of that meal, rather than actualy needing another meal. Ok not the best diet in the world, but as a hunger suppressant it sounds pretty good.

CX.

[edit on 6/7/08 by CX]

[edit on 6/7/08 by CX]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think we all can 'create our own reality'. We do it every day. Most of the time it's much like your yesterday. Things will happen in life that will change your reality in a small or big way. If one wants 'conscious positive thought' to change their notion of reality, all the better but it won't happen overnight. Practice every day and changes will come, maybe before a natural event changes your reality.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Great post CX, you've hit the nail on the head! The visualisation example is really interesting, if somewhat creepy lol I also like the part you said about having the ability to change your emotion instantly -even if someone has made upset etc

I'm going to take a look at the Mind Movies on youtube as they sound quite intersting. Strange what the human brain is actually capable off!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by aerialview

Another good answer aerialview. I suppose you right, if people practice and constantly make an effort to think positively if will happened - and their own reality will change. I'm interested in the level of change that can be achieved, hmmm

new topics

top topics

join