It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are christians really worshipping the devil?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Yes my point exactly, you can not decide whether you worship the devil or not due to the fact that the original has nothing to do with the new meaning of the devil.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I am familiar with the watchers and they are both good and evil and are belived to have come from outer space before some of them have died. Some people believe that their souls watch over us and some people call them angels.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
May i humbly ask to some kind MOD to move this thread to another forum?
Thank you in advance,
Internos ...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
How do I go about moving this If that would make you happy?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seek4 truth
How do I go about moving this If that would make you happy?

It would not make me happy: and absolutely no derespect is intended to your thread: but this thread, does NOT match the standard of Aliens and UFOs forum, and I am saying it. First, it's the second thread that you start about the same exact subject matter, second my take is that it has nothing to do with this subject matter: no further explanations are needed: i would also like to reply to your OP, but NOT HERE.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I explained earlier that the first one was a mistake and to ignore it, also I explained in this one. No disrespect intended either but there was a commercial that came on after I posted it, then after I removed the commercial the first post did not appear to be there. Sorry I will try not to let it happen again. Most ancient texts including the ones that led to the writing of the bible say we came from outer space so It does not matter either way to me what the post is under.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
IMO if you want to grasp the notion of God you should read the Kabbalah. The sad fact is that in many translation of the bible only one name of God is used, while in the jewish sources there are several names for God which serves many purposes, you could in fact say that the jewish God are in fact "Gods" (plural) or you could say they describe the aspects of Gods nature. See the names of God in Jewish tradition for more.

-A

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Im sorry to say, but both sides of this argument are incorrect. No, Christians do not worship the devil, nor do they worship "God" either. The fact is, main stream media has distorted reality so much that people have no idea what they are worshiping anymore...You put ALL your faith and ALL your power into a book and give your power over to this "God" when REALLY you should be worshiping YOURSELF. Praising YOURSELF; YOU are God. I am God. WE are ALL God. One thing i find irritating is that most bible readers do not even know when, where, and under what circumstance the bible was written. The Roman Emperor Constantine needed a TOOL to UNITE the Roman Empire because he could not be everywhere at once to rule over his empire, and the men he put in charge of the other parts of Europe, began to conspire treasonous acts against him. Constantine was no dumb-ass though, he went to "fight a battle with the Irish" and came back two days later saying: I converted to "christianity"(which was still just a sect at that time) the night before the battle, and GOD told me i had made the right choice and that is the reason I won the battle. After that he decreed that Christianity was the new official religion of the Roman Empire. But that wasn't enough for him...he got together all of the "sect" leaders and asked them to give him ALL of their scriptures or "words of god" Constantine then BURNED the majority of those scriptures leaving only 4 left...Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. CHRISTIANITY WAS JUST A TOOL USED BY AN ANCIENT REGIME TO CONTROL ITS PEOPLE....THE BIBLE HAS BEEN RE-WRITTEN AND TRANSLATED INCORRECTLY MANY TIMES. THESE ARE NOT THE WORDS OF "GOD" MERELY THE WORDS OF A PRES.BUSH-ESQUE GREEDY, MANIPULATIVE....POWER HUNGRY...MAN!!!!

Not only that, but whats the deal with churches not having to pay ANY TAXES??? and you have to pay 10% of your wages to attend a church. WHERE DOES ALL THIS MONEY GO?? (and I don't want to hear about how ALL the money goes to heat the building and to provide maintanence ETC.)
I don't doubt that some of it goes to the building's upkeep and the paycheques of the employees at the church...but when they're not paying property taxes, and when they get their electricity, AC, heat, hydro etc. For dirt cheap, (yes i've done loads of reasearch on what churches pay in bills. and id also like to point out that im NOT an athiest and i attended church for a lot of my life..so i would appreciate NO responces regaurding my experience with your religion, this is my opinion and it just happens to be backed up by irrefutable proof) I start to wonder where all this money is going.. Perhaps they are sending it to God? Not likely. And another thing... Whats with all these churches that are built so BEAUTIFULLY.. with stained glass windows, big catheedral doors, Da Vinci paintings? bibles lined with gold, eloborate stone statues.. shall i continue? nah i could go on for days, but my point is that in the bible it CLEARLY states that VANITY is a SIN...and in having those beautifully built churches...you are sinning just by entering that church and worshipping god there. "GOD" also says in the bible that he wants you to worship him OUTSIDE not in some BUILDING that charges you MONEY to go there!!!! The people who run these churches are fruads. They are lieing to your face and all they do is TAKE TAKE TAKE, the only thing they will give you in return is fear and an empty wallet!!

Now, I didnt write this to offend anybody. All i want is for you to do some research into constantine and the origins of the bible and you will find i am not attacking your faith, i am simply educating you on the truth. That's the ONLY thing i want.. is for people to know the TRUTH but i can ONLY show you the door to the truth; your the one who has to open it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharr

I'm pretty sure as a non-denominational Christian, I tend to put my worship straight into the belief of a "higher being" (aka God) and not the bible, pastor, church or any other artificat or branch of the religion itself. In the same way people claim that they have "encountered" and "had experiences" with aliens, I can say the same thing about my experience with God, and in the same way, most people won't believe me because they themselves haven't experienced it. No need to say much more as this thread is in the completely wrong spot.

SR

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

the Urantia Book is written from the perspective of "The Watchers", alien spiritual beings

the 'watchers' might be demons trying to lead you away from the true teachings of Jesus so be cautious when considering this book.

anyone claiming to be an angel and offering advice that contradicts the Bible is something to be leary of imo.

If you followed the true teachings of Jesus then what would be the need to listen to what Paul says. Seeing he contradicted alot of it and his only claim to do so was a bright light once spoke to him.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The question you ask is one that not only no Earthling, mortal or etc could know or ever expect to, but also one that can never be explained.

To believe in the Devil(Satan) you must first believe in god.

Honestly firstly if there is a god/entity or etc which I am sure there must be (Personnel belief, and the fact there has to be something that overlooks us and helps the entire universe(s) take form, then I am quite sure they do not take any personnel preference in one meager planet inside a multitude of billions of stars, planets etc.

Anyway to put my own views forth... I believe thought-forms create metaphysical substance. If enough people are believing and supporting a set of views then something will be created. The fact is that no one can or will ever know answers like this until maybe they die.

To us humans, the only thing we know and experience is what our minds, bodies and etc experience. If someone tells us a 'thing' is bad and should be feared, our minds will create reasons to ourselves and cause us to fear them. If we have a good experience with a 'thing' then our minds and body tells us its good and to 'want' it.

As for whether or not some entity is not the right one, the huge factor remains that there is absolutely no way of knowing. To me, just believe its what you want (In this case God over Satan) and do all you can to believe its him/her/it/etc. Good thoughts give good energy. Bad thoughts give bad.

Hope this post helps, and there is no need to really doubt your own thoughts. If something is truly evil and malicious you will feel it in your mind/heart im quite sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Thanks for the tip, cool read, id never heard of theis before

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seek4 truth

I know what ur saying on the Sumerian Texts. But the Bible is not secret worship of the devil. Here is a little history on the bible:

The Attack

[edit on 7/6/2008 by furiousracer313]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
yes actually modern hellfire preaching Christians do worship the devil

When one denounces the devil for his evil deeds and gives Satan attention, even bad attention, it is the same as worship. They promise the Devil souls by telling others that they are going to hell. They give him offerings by singing about him, and judging others.

Modern day Christians would put any satanist to shame with the amount of devil worship they practice.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seek4 truth

where does it refer to astrology and doesnt either condemn it or stay silent on the matter

the only place i know wher it doesnt speciffically condemn it is when the magi astrologers come to offer gifts to God but that shows that even in youth jesus accepted those not accepted by the church and it doesnt say its right

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

thats a very good pnt ill have to share that and meditate on it i think i might just bring that pnt up to my pastor

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aoxoa

not true just as some believe in God and not satan others can believe in saan and not God

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharr

religion can beused the wrong way and not be wrong

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

i agreee its not the idea of what the father is if they know he exists than the thought is really what counts in this matter

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I thank you all for your posts and anyone who was a little offended should remember to keep an open mind because that is the only place that has not been tampered with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join