It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Harry Potter the worst Conspiracy of Witchery of the History?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

God uses magic to cause damage to the adversary. In fact, he seemed to be quite fond of smiting people in the old testament. As far as wicca having a light side, of course it does, that's ninety percent of the religion. They use terms such as "Harm None" to express their views in relation to other people.

Hi Osiris1953,

it looks that you are blaming God about some type of disasters or cathastrophic events occured in the past. To be sincere I found this statement so dared, realy bold, and of course I am not agreed with it.

Let me tell you that along all the cases in the Bible that you can find in which some nation or people suffer something that could be judged as Punishment of God, the common denominator is that always it is preceded by a terrible epoch of so sinful behaviour.

So it is not God itself the one that causes those problems but the proper people that suffer the consequences of their owns sins in their own flesh or belongs.

That is the meaning of the law, it is clearly stablished in the New Testament too, there are many parts of the scriptures in which it is written that the payment of the sin is death, so this does not have anything to do with the will of God, even you can find that declaration at the end of Chapter 18 of the book of Ezechiel, God does not want that anybody die, just that they repent of their bad behaviour on time.

The weight of the Law is the one that punish, and that is the consequence of the transgression that humans do against it. To give you just one example let me mention the Law of Gravity, you can use it in a very intelligent way, for instance in an elevator using counterweights that help to rise it, but also you can use the elevator to go to the top of a tower and decide by yourself to commit suicide by jumping from there, in that case can we blame God for your imminent death? Of course Not!!, you are just recevining the consequence of the transgression of a very elemental law that is the Gravity.

Any law is Universal by definition, so it is accomplished in any place and over any person, it does not distinguish social condition, educational level, genre, nationality, etc. For this reason is that it is so important to know very well the Law of God, its commandments and follow them.

Thanks any way for your participation in the thread,

your friend,

The Angel of lightness

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Harry Potter phenomenon is nothing new.

There have always been books (children's book, no less) that have drawn heavily on occult symbolism and magick.

These books (in the right setting) are used to program victims of mind-control. However, actually just reading the book will give you a mild case of wanting more....which small doses of something hypnotic usually does to a person.

The main goal = brainwash the masses all while programming those that need to be programmed....all with the same book.

Like I said, nothiing new.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

Well you are quite right Privy Princess; Harry Potter is in many aspects addictive for the youths and children in general. As soon as they start to read it, they want more and more and more of the same and if the parents don't take care they are going to be all their free time on that activity. In my personal opinion it wreaks a lot the will of the reader that falls in love of it.

I think the point is that Harry Potter is centered on the idea of complete evasion of the Reality just for fun, but in a way in which there is a point in which the child wants to stay on that world of sorcery, mystery, enigmas, fantastic enemies to defeat, imaginary problems, also imaginary friends, almost all its free time. So we can define this genre of Literature as genuine addictive or perhaps Autistic., if that would be possible.

As I warned in my previous posts this is literature that does not drive to any other type of more serious one, since there is no philosophy involved on it, there are no clear principles, there is no ethics, there is only magic entertainment that, by the way, runs with a very quickly pace, jumping from one fantastic situation to the next one almost without allowing the readers to breath. There is no instructive or formative intention in these books at all.

So I can identify the principal effects that Harry Potter produces in the Adolescents as : read-evasion, dreaming-addiction, Hallucination without using drugs, compulsive interest to buy more of this books or their related products, like movies, magic kits, etc.

In conclusion Harry Potter has bewitched our youths during 10 years.

Thanks for your participation in this thread,

your friend,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!
The Harry Potter books were mad as a fiction novel series and theyre great books as i grew up reading them,
if your child is so unbelievably STUPID that when he/she reads them that their relationship with god or whatever their belief is, YOU SHOULDNTVE LET YOUR CHILD READ THOSE BOOKS!
i CANT EVEN BELIEVE you would write an article like this,
its a great series of books that has gotten millions of children all over the world to read and spark their imagination.
people like you DISGUST me.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

How can you even begin to say that the right side is God's side?
I, being an agnostic, would like to say that the idea of that is utterly ridiculous.
Also, why would ones age matter to comment on the ideas in this book?
I am an intelligent teenager, and I read Harry Potter.
There is no religious problem with that, at all.
Stop critisizing, you just make yourself look stupid.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This could have actually been an interesting topic were it not for all of the spinning going on. I feel dizzy just reading this thread. lol

To answer to OP's question, YES Harry Potter is an occult book. Yes, it has many occult references, most of which you will not find even talked about on the internet, they are just that ancient and sacred.

Do you wonder why most of the movies are shot in Scotland? YES, there are actual wizarding bloodlines in Scotland
(who knows maybe JK could be one of these descendants?) But of course YOU are not supposed to know that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join