It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has 911 Made Us All Paranoid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is kinda of a rant but it is 911 involved so I'll post it here in hopes to hear other peoples stories and opinions.

Just a few days ago I grabbed my stuffed computer carry case and hopped on my mountain bike to go to the local library. When I got there I figured for the first time that I wasn't going to carry my stuffed case in the library with me. I decided to stick my bike in the lockable bike box instead of the bike rack and after I did that I started going through my bag to get my wallet. It was buried deep so it took a few minutes to find it. In that time a lady came out of the library and started starring at me really checking me out. I first thought she just noticed I was good looking and I didn't think anything about it. When I found my wallet I set the carry bag in the bike lock box with my bike and locked it up. This is all normal behaviour you would think. When I turned around the lady was really giving me bad looks. I thought, "This isn't good...." , but was doing nothing wrong so I ignored her and went inside the library. I jumped on the computer for a half-hour and then when I passed a window where I could see the bike lock box there was a police car beside the bike box and a cop was shinning his flash light inside checking out what I put in there.

I did nothing, but watched in disgust at the fact that the lady watching must of called the police about a person putting a mysterious package in the box.

Isn't this ridiculous or what. I think society has gotten way paranoid and it's making life a stressful hassle for everyone.

To tell you the truth, everyone is allowing the terrorist to do what they wanted and that is to keep us all constantly terrified!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The main goal of 911 was to keep people terrified, as then they are maleable. So yes, the terrorists did get what they wanted. Now, if people realise who the real terrorists are, all the fear would go away and the world would change for the better. 911 is a cornerstone event, as it happened early in the information age and as such there is a possibility that this still somewhat free internet will be able to correct the memetics envolved.

911 was false flag and it was a hijacking of america by elitists for elitist agendas.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It has made people paranoid, that's for sure. It is perpetrated by the governments.

People forget that we had the IRA on our doorstep for years, but it took 9/11 to change the way we treated terrorism. Even though 9/11 occurred in the US, it was the point at which the UK changed its ways regarding terrorism.

I can see the point in anti-terror legislation, too, but the legislation they're coming up with now is almost because they can, not because they need to.

Because people are ignorant of the powers agencies already have, they think this is all good, but the legislation already exists for countering terrorism.

Personally, I'm not afraid - that's exactly what the terrorists want (duh - they're terrorists after all!). If I genuinely believed my life to be in danger from a suicide bomber or similar, I wouldn't have a problem tackling them - I'm likely dead anyway, so I might as well try to stop them.

It's no good thinking legislation will stop them - they couldn't care less.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You guys make some interesting points. When I have the time I'm going to read more on the forum.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Paranoid...no...aware...yes...too many people are becoming to relaxed...and I live in NYC...have my entire life..we've had 2 terrorist attacks in the past 20 yrs.....and that doesnt include the many thwarted by the NYPD, FBI, etc....should we be paranoid...no...but atleast aware...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
dupe post

[edit on 6-7-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
The main goal of 911 was to keep people terrified, as then they are maleable. So yes, the terrorists did get what they wanted. Now, if people realise who the real terrorists are, all the fear would go away and the world would change for the better.

More and more of us are waking up every day as to who the real terrorists are.

In 2006, one poll showed that a third of Americans have finally caught on (and half of all NYC residents.) This probably reduces the chances of another "terrorist" attack more than anything else (like Northwoods, 7/7, Oklahoma City or Pearl Harbor, etc.)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's quite simple really FEAR=FUNDING

At the moment, I can think of 850 billion reasons to back up this theory. ( that we know of )

Of course the majority of people who most strongly support this administration's perpetual state of war tend to earn their bread and butter either directly or indirectly from government funding.

The Bush administration deliberately manipulated fear to install " WAR POWERS" to the
Executive Office when in fact, this act of terrorism was a matter of international law enforcement.

Al Qaeda was really not that much different from the heavily armed and trained drug cartels.
We may employ military type deadly force attempting to capture these criminals, but
they are still criminals. An act of terrorism with no ties to a foreign government is
a criminal act even if it may appear to be an act of war.

This is the critical issue where the Bush administration and those who profit from military
involvement used fear to catch us off guard and twist the truth.

Sadly many good hearted patriots fell for this power play, hook line and stinker.

We had every right to go after Bin Laden and his original band "AS CRIMINALS" using every means at our disposal, but the events of 9/11 were still criminal in nature.

If we had captured Bin Laden and put him in prison for life, we would have decapitated the movement.

Now thanks to either deliberate planning as most believe or the worst strategic blunder in world history, this administration has created an entire generation of future threats to our peace, stability and security.

Aha! More funding.........

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
We had every right to go after Bin Laden and his original band "AS CRIMINALS" using every means at our disposal, but the events of 9/11 were still criminal in nature.

If we had captured Bin Laden and put him in prison for life, we would have decapitated the movement.

Osama Bin Laden (CIA's Tim Osman) is nothing but the modern-day version of 1984's Emmanuel Goldstein -- the big, bad government bogeyman who exists solely to distract and manipulate you into giving up your freedoms and civil rights.

Same with al-Qaeda (al-CIAduh.) Totally fictional global bogeyman used to replace Communism. Watch the BBC's excellent "The Power of Nightmares." You'll wake up understanding a lot more:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
That is good to hear. Critical mass is 51%. Once the population of the US reaches that point, if it has not already, then things are on the right track for change, as there will be more people educating as to the nature of 911 than those living in nightmareland.

Best of luck.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Osama Bin Laden (CIA's Tim Osman) is nothing but the modern-day version of 1984's Emmanuel Goldstein -- the big, bad government bogeyman who exists solely to distract and manipulate you into giving up your freedoms and civil rights.

Same with al-Qaeda (al-CIAduh.) Totally fictional global bogeyman used to replace Communism. Watch the BBC's excellent "The Power of Nightmares." You'll wake up understanding a lot more:

Fictional?...Ive been to 5 countries in Europe since 9/11...I live in NYC...Al Queda and Bin Laden are far from fictional....is this a mass conspiracy consisting of the US, England, France, Belguim, Italy and Germany?...Because those bodies are very real in those countries...i dont think you know what you speak of...

[edit on 7-7-2008 by finestbeast]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The lines have been deliberately blurred between the original members of AQ and
the resulting wannabe followers that had nothing to do with the original 9/11 attacks.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

Not all of us......I practically never think about it. ( Of course I don't live in a really huge metro area, tho you'd be hard pressed to distinguish us from Atlanta during rush hour....)

I'm far more likely to fall victim to some random idiot doing something stupid, like talking on their cell phone and not watching where they are driving!

Statistically speaking, I'll likely live my entire life without ever even seeing any terrorists.....It would make about as much sense for me to worry about unicorns...

Your 'concerned citizen' there, probably thought you had drugs, or looked like the guy that had stolen her purse......

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sometimes we don’t realize how what we do can look to someone else. The person likely was only concerned. If there had been a crime taking place you would be thanking that same person instead of being annoyed. One of the first things people ask is how they can’t believe nobody saw anything. Your incident is probably more criminal concern then terrorism.

On a national scale it made certain people paranoid, especially if you are predisposed to such thinking. It has also made people who tend to distrust the government distrust them even more.

Imagine being the police who are called every time someone looks at them odd or called to investigate some kid at the library putting something in his bike?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by finestbeast

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Fictional?...Ive been to 5 countries in Europe since 9/11...I live in NYC...Al Queda and Bin Laden are far from fictional....is this a mass conspiracy consisting of the US, England, France, Belguim, Italy and Germany?...Because those bodies are very real in those countries...i dont think you know what you speak of...

So what, you've been to 5 countries in Europe since 9/11 and live in NYC. What does that prove? According to polls, half of all NYC residents think 9/11 was an inside job. I and they do know what we're talking about...

Many intelligence agencies around the world think bin Laden has been dead since December 2001:

Osama bin Laden: A dead nemesis perpetuated by the US government

Osama bin Laden is dead. The news first came from sources in Afghanistan and Pakistan almost six months ago: the fugitive died in December [2001] and was buried in the mountains of southeast Afghanistan. Pakistan's president, Pervez Musharraf, echoed the information. The remnants of Osama's gang, however, have mostly stayed silent, either to keep Osama's ghost alive or because they have no means of communication.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Read '1984' or watch the BBC documentary "The Power of Nightmares". '1984' is a must-read for the times we're living in. You'll be amazed at the parallels between the book and Bush's constant wars and the giant telescreens with the proles raging against their arch-nemesis Osama bin Laden who can never quite be found by a country that spends more on "defense" than the rest of the world combined.

new topics

top topics

join