It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Sept. 7, 2003 CNN reported the moon out of phase

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
On Sept 7 it was widely reported by major media siting the Naval Moon Observatory news release that the full moon would be a 'full three days earlier'.
I did an ATS search on this and came up empty.

Nor has there ever been, to my knowledge an explanation of why or how this could occur.

With the brilliant minds on this board perhaps someone remembers and knows something regarding this.
sp again of course

[edit on 7/5/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't know if you have come across this yet, but this site talks of moon phase aberations from August-October of that year.

www.zetatalk.com...

September 7

I noticed a ticker tape news headline on CNN today. It basically said that the full moon will appear unnaturally 3 days early this month. But no elaboration was given. [and from another email] On sunday I noticed a three quarters moon rising to the SE at approxiamately 8:00 PM on Sept 7 here in Minnesota, I checked the calendar for September and there should not be a 3 quarters moon this time of the month or on this perticular date.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That MG was the ONLY info I could come up with on this and read it out.
I do remember it being reported, even on space weather.
But the odd thing was how little info, explanation, and quick removal from media occured.

A full moon a full three days ahead of schedule would seem to be a very unusual event indeed. That was the same year I saw my 'shadow critter' aberration. That Noory had reported on for a few days in Cali a week before I saw it.

Related? I wonder.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Shadow critter? You have my attention. Would you please elaborate?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
yeah that does seem a little strange. Do you know if they made any updates to the full moon caender after this date or was it just a 1 time mishap? even still, it shouldnt happen even once. lol

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
My very first thread to the board.
Close up and way to personal paranormal event I don't wish any repeat of.

Ouch. I was a bit testy with Badge wasn't I! Glad I've mellowed out in my old age.
And glad she's on my friend's list for many. Sharp lady.

I have no idea tyler whether they had to redo the moon/sky chart after that. Another interesting thing was the naval observatory site was down all that day.
I suppose some type of redaction/modification had to have occured.
Did the moon move? Earth? The universe get scooted about abit? No idea.
Has my curiosity greatly peaked though.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is indeed extremely weird, I hope some people find more info on this because it sounds bad...

Starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
well seeing that i have no knowledge in this feild, what does an out of phase moon mean? I understand that just the moon being otu of cycle is bad but...arethere any reprecussions? Sorry if i sound like an idiot but i guess i am.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i tried searching on the naval moon site but had no success.

also did a google search but got nothing.

would love to see that report !

www.usno.navy.mil...
The United States Naval Observatory

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't think out of phase is even the right description on this. No astrophysicist that's for sure.
But a full moon three days ahead of what in millions of years could be counted like clockwork is just heady. Something moved. What was it?
Exhausted search tools to and zeta talk is the only place it comes up. Which in and of itself is odd. You would think something like this would make headlines.
Tamped down for reason I assume.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I'm not sure if this helps or not but could it just be a misunderstanding? I did a search and found an article from space.com talking about the Harvest moon happening unusually early in September 2003.

Here is the link
www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

found this moon chart and it seems to be normal.

www.moonconnection.com...
Moon Phases Calendar / Moon Schedule

you sure you got the date right ?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Perhaps that was it 1angry. It was 5 yrs ago. I'm lucky if I remember what I had for dinner last night.
Probably nothing.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That is crazy, there is no possible reason that should happen... Any impact would have been seen from Earth so we can rule out entirely a change in spin...

This is a Great thread

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

For once a genuine mystery, we either lost sevral days time somehow, the moon actually is some sort of craft that can move of it's own accord or something decidedly matrixy happened

Is there any resource which photographically records the phases of the moon and stores them that can be accessed?

We need to look for the time span where this occoured, i.e. examine photographic record and see exactly where the moon phase accelerated... was the entire month slightly faster? OR a better find would be the skipping af a phase entirely...

In knowing the span of the phase acceleration we can pinpoint better the nature of the event.

any ideas on where to find such a photographic record?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
well seeing that i have no knowledge in this feild, what does an out of phase moon mean? I understand that just the moon being otu of cycle is bad but...arethere any reprecussions? Sorry if i sound like an idiot but i guess i am.

The Earth and the Moon run like clockwork. The Moon orbits the Earth obviously, at continuous rates, so for the moon to suddenly be 3 days out of sync means something happened to this balance. It requires a complete shift in orbit.

You can see the problem, I'm sure. I'd not heard of this until now, and I'm an amateur astronomer of many years! Way to go ATS!

EDIT: This isn't what they were referring to was it? en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-7-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Shadow critters? YOu mean ellipsoidal blurry black things the size of oil tankers?

Yes I saw that as well on one occasion when I went to the moon with some of my 'friends' (that's a another story altogether)

Anyway, they (my 'friends') told me it's a vehicle that the moon inhabitants use for 'recreational activities'. They don't want tell me more about it but they do mention something about "off world humans". Hmmm wonder what's that about.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by shmeat]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Alex Collier said that the Andromedans would force the aliens that were here on 2003 and there was a high probability that they had to drag out the moon because it had bases in there and the aliens wouldn't get out of there. But they would put another artificial moon. Watch his interview on youtube

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wow. Two great threads for us to read this weekend!

I'm going to school to sign up for aid for the fall, and I will ask my old astronomy professor. He's a little out there, and would have noticed this. Starred and stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
reply to post by jpm1602

I'm not sure if this helps or not but could it just be a misunderstanding? I did a search and found an article from space.com talking about the Harvest moon happening unusually early in September 2003.

Here is the link
www.space.com...

Yes, that is exactly what they meant: the so-called "harvest moon" (as a purely calendar-based event) would be earlier than usually. (Just for comparison: it's like saying that Easter was "early" on a given year.)

So, no mystery here - sorry.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm no expert but (hey, when did that ever stop a blabbermouth!) . . .

If the moon's orbit were to speed up or slow down by a factor of roughly a tenth (2.8 days) then approximately 1/10th of the "dark side of the moon" would appear in photographs of the moon taken during that period. I think we would have heard more about that. My two cents worth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join