It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Needed for X-Files co-writer/executive producer Frank Spotnitz - ATS MIX Show 89

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hi Frank,
Welcome to the forum. Where is Rob Bowman?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi, : 1.) Do you honestly believe even slightly, any of the topics that are covered on the x-files? meaning; are you a believe in alternate theories, ufo's, et's, and such?

2.) scenario. Had you ever been contacted lets say by people working for the CIA or other secret agencies like that because of the material you cover. part 2.) If lets say they told you not to cover in detail or to smear the details of a certain topic you may have inside info about, would you abide by their ways or would you tell the truth knowing you may be at risk ??

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hi Frank,
Thanks for taking time to do this interview.

I have a peculiar question, but since I heard this story I've always been intrigued by it.

In a interview with John Greenwald Jr., Dean Haglund (who plays Langly on the X-Files and Lone Gunmen), tells a story that he met a "professional psychic" and she told him that she met Chris Carter at a Hollywood Party, and this is before the X-Files were picked up by FOX.

She said Chris was wearing a tuxedo and he's just standing in a corner at this party and she goes to Chris and tell him that whatever he's working on is going to make him millions of dollars.

Dean then asks the psychic what was she doing at this Hollywood Party. And she says "That's the weird thing, I only get emails saying to go to this party, to that party and I'd be on the guest list of these fabulous parties and then I'd go home and email what I talked about with people".

Dean asks her "Well, who did you email?" and she says "I think it was the CIA".

Then Dean, goes on to say that in his opinion, she was employed by the CIA to go to Hollywood Parties and just talk to people and report back "because big part of foreign policy is the culture we export, all the movies, and the CIA wants to keep tabs on what's coming out of Hollywood to make sure it's aligned to whatever the national policy is".

My question to you Frank is, have you ever heard this story? Did Chris or Dean ever spoke anything about this? Thanks.

And I can't wait for the new X-Files movie!

Btw, to anyone interested in hearing this interview that I spoke about here is the link to it (mp3 file). It was recorded January 7th 2005. The relevant part of the story I wrote starts at around 9 minutes and 50 seconds in.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Does Frank Spotnitz beleive that the X-Files was character, rather than plot, driven?

Considering the massive fall off in audience numbers in the later seasons I reckon this could be a fair assumption.
Plus whenever either Duchovny or Anderson directed/wrote their own episodes they were very much character-centric, such as 'All Things' in season 7 where pretty much the entire focus is on Scully and her experiences and reactions, from what I can remember, so that suggests that the actors thought it so, even though they probably would have anyway

Also, was the whole 'mythology' thing planned from the start? I got the feeling it was all very disjointed, and the mass killing of everyone involved by those alien rebels was just an excuse to further the plot. Plus the whole Samantha thing was thrown about heaps, which made it all somewhat confusing.

Thanks a heap!!!!!

[edit on 2/7/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hello Frank,

Who wrote the line

"Maybe it was another bald-headed jigsaw puzzle tattooed naked guy I saw"?

And do I owe them royalties?, as I tend to use it in casual conversation, when appropriate.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is great! My two questions are:

1) What was the overall response to the final episode?

2) Will this movie follow the time line of it or does the new movie have an independent time line?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by morbidtracie]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What research did it take to develop the characters of the Smoking Man and his group of Elitists?
Was the group modeled after any individuals living or dead?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
-If you can evaluate it, what is, roughly, the percentage of stories that you wrote based on true stories.

- After all these years, do you now realise how big this tv series was worldwide?

- Did nasa, cia, fbi (etc...) personnel helped you out at times for writing your stories?

- What's the future of the X-files, any new tv-series planned?

------
An x-files fan since day 1 it was broadcast over here

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
thanks for answering questions for us.

Will this movie finally answer the questions we still have?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
From what I've read the movie will be kind of like an extended stand-alone episode, a 2-hour monster-of-the-week, if you will.
What would be great though would be a slight nod to the whole mythology thing, even just a cryptic line or two.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I went through CIA MK ultra the real deal. go to war on terror new proof war on terror, hell my username post and see. Do you ever incorperate or would you want to incorperate the real xfiles into your show cause there is a hell of alot more than I posted on here. I can really give you some freaky ideas based on truth. Are you up for the challenge of writing a real life true story x-files? When I underwent hypnosis they regresed me to a child, a horse, a living angel and the christ within. They where very interested in the god aspect of my before this life and ufo abductions. the truth would have some very strange weather also.. look at palma de mallorcs thunderstorms that started the day they punched me in the sternum... palma de mallorca was the launchpad for the CIA RENDITIONS... TRUE STORY ARE YOU UP FORO THE CHALLENGE? actually Ive done the hard work but i am no writer.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oh ya... I can add the following.. the free masons, federal reserve, nazis, israeli masoud, german,italian, american mafia and skull and bones. interested? they stole my *stuff* and sold it for millions so I want some form of reimbersment. Oh I forgot I said no to working for osama before 9-11 that caused me alot of hell. I have alot of proof posted on this sight if you are clever and look between the lines.
Video of man hypnotised into a horse and 9 years later communicating with the horse...
www.youtube.com...

Mod Edit: no profanity please

[edit on 7/2/08 by FredT]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by zeusadam]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by zeusadam]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hi, I'd like to know about the research team for the show, if there is one, and if they returned for the movie. What kind of research do they do?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How much research did you usually put into an episode?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zeusadam

how many post u gonna need?...take your bad hand off the mouse button bro.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
At the end of the first X-Files movie, something was whispered in Skully's ear by Mulder. Will we ever learn what he said in the new movie, and if not, can you tell us?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hello Frank Spotnitz and Johnny Anonymously

Being that the lone Gunman has become somewhat of a cult classic,
has then been any interest by yourself or The Fox network to revive the series
in some aspect or are there any series in the works akin to the X-files that you know of ?.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Um.........whats Scully's number?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Frank.....thanks for the opportunity.

I thought the X-Files movie was "okay." Are you planning a sequel and if so, can we expect it to knock the socks off the first?

Thank you. I also have to say my favorite episode is the one with Jack Black and Giovanni Ribisi. Some great casting overall in your show but that was extra great. After that episode, those two were all over the place and still are (especially Jack Black.....but I think Ribisi is the better actor and still could be fascinating in the lead of the right movie. He could easily win an Oscar in the right role). Were you involved in the casting on the show at all?

What about a movie with those two?

Thanks again!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

Was this guy serious...?? is there another xfiles movie coming???... Um nope esp not July 25th of this month... No No No not at all.

To my q... a 2-parter please...

Since a lot of the public is box office driven these days, and there have been hints of a 3rd movie based on the success of this... What does this new movie have to do in ballpark numbers to greenlight a third movie.

Then, will the 3rd movie be based on 2012 and the finale to the mytharch?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hello Frank,

Thanks a Lot for letting us ask you some questions!

1.) I've been reading that the New Movie, will NOT be following the Classic X-Files Alien Conspiracy, but will instead be a standalone episode. My question, is at the end of "The Truth" Mulder & Scully were in a hotel in New Mexico, running away (was the implication)... so how are you going to be integrating them into the NEW movie (since it takes place 6 years later) without touching on the Conspiracy at all?

2.) Was there any specific episode that was your absolute favorite? Which episode stands out for you as being the most memorable? Did you guys receive a lot of flack for the Episode "HOME"? I had heard that it didn't aire on some stations, is this true?

3.) Did you regret not having David Duchovny sign another contract to continue to the end of Season 9? Do you feel that having him not re-sign, affect the X-Files, as much as the viewers felt it did?

4.) Do you feel that the Long-time viewers will be satisfied with the New Movie coming out on the 25th? Do you think it will be as good as the first movie?

Thank you for letting us ask you some questions, its great that you're involving the ATS memebers, and fans of the X-Files.

- Carrot

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join