It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activity at Site R

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hello,

I have been a fan and avid reader (although only from the shadows) of this site for awhile now. I decided to sign up yesterday because I have seen something that concerns me for the last week to 10 days.

I live in Middletown Pa but I grew up in Waynesborro and Fairfield Pa. My father (who is aging and not doing well) still lives in Waynesboro. I travel to see him almost everyday and the route I take is always the same. I go down RT 15 to Emmitsburg Maryland and then take Rt 16 west into Waynesboro. This route takes me thru Blue Ridge Summit and past the main entrance to Site R. Now I am very familair with Site R and the surrounding area, in fact for my years and still until this day I do alot of hunting in the surrounding mountains, so I am very familiar with the daily comings and goings of Site R but I have never been inside.

In fact the place is called the "Underground Pentagon" by the locals.

What I have seen in the last week to 10 days the alarms me is the enormous amount of Military truck traffic going into and coming out empty, In fact the traffic is backed up onto Rt 16 and back up towards Blue Ridge Summit. Plus there is a constant stream of empty Military trucks leaving.

From my gut feelings it truely looks like they are stocking that place up but that is only my feeling. I decided to join to let you know and maybe you have heard something (even if just a whisper) about Site R.

I would like to thank you in advance for reading this and please ask me any questions you might have and if there is something I could do just ask.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Then you would most likely be familiar with the place called "High Rock".

I live just a few miles east of Fairfield [G-burg] and also travel the 16 route to Waynesboro from time to time, my eldest brother lives there. It's been a few months since I've visited him though and even longer since I've taken a daytrip to high rock. The last times I went to either there was no noticeable "traffic" the likes of which your mentioning. Perhaps I'll have to take some time away and mosey on over...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Then you would most likely be familiar with the place called "High Rock".

I live just a few miles east of Fairfield [G-burg] and also travel the 16 route to Waynesboro from time to time, my eldest brother lives there. It's been a few months since I've visited him though and even longer since I've taken a daytrip to high rock. The last times I went to either there was no noticeable "traffic" the likes of which your mentioning. Perhaps I'll have to take some time away and mosey on over...

Yes please go check it out and let me know what you see.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

What is site R? I have never heard of it. I take it it's some sort of military base or installation? What is the actuall name or is site R the actual name of the facility?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

That best describes "Site R"

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How do you know the trucks are full going in and empty coming out? Is it possible they are removing obsolete equipment or provisions?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Alot of full Flat-beds going in and empty coming out.

I have thought about and given the idea of taking pictures of the trucks. I have severe reservations about doing this, I would rather find others like 12m8keall2c that are familiar with or close to area to see if they have heard any whispers about whats going on.

Now I know some are gonna say this seems odd that I dont want to take pictures but I have reasons.

1. The main reason is because after living fairly close to there for a majority of my life, I know the extreme secrecy that surrounds that site. In fact many people that live close to it in Waynesboro and Fairfield dont know about it, and Gettysburg is only 8 miles outside Fairfield and I would say that 95-98% there have no clue.

2. The second reason I really dont want to take pictures is the following. On May 25, 2007, the Federal Register published a Defense Department policy declaring that it is unlawful "to make any photograph, sketch, picture, drawing, map or graphical representation of the Raven Rock Mountain Complex without first obtaining the necessary permission. Most that live in and around there know that.

I posted here to try and find others that either are directly familiar with Site-r or live in close vicinity and start a dialog. I do this mainly because that is how we have done it around Fairfield and Waynesboro area for many years, we meet at baseball games, swap meets, and diners to discuss what we have heard, my favorite spot to discuss Site-R was the Hilltop Cafe for many years. I am sure there are others from the area that read this site and they will tell you the same thing.

Thanks for your understanding

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry
2. The second reason I really dont want to take pictures is the following. On May 25, 2007, the Federal Register published a Defense Department policy declaring that it is unlawful "to make any photograph, sketch, picture, drawing, map or graphical representation of the Raven Rock Mountain Complex without first obtaining the necessary permission. Most that live in and around there know that.

But technically you would not be taking pictures of the complex. You would be taking pictures of the trucks on public highways. Come on, get us some pictures. Having said that, I understand your hesitation.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
some more local info would def be great,

but please be carefull !!

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
To the OP or others that live in the area....

Have you ever seen a build up like this before? Is their any incident to compare it to?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I agree with the poster above, follow the trucks and catch their picture after they exit/ as they enter, thus you are not breaking the rules. How interesting, do keep safe and keep us updated.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
****update July 3, 2008****

Early this morning I went down to see my father and took my regular route. I passed by the main entrance at approx. 8:30am est and there was no military truck traffic there like i have seen in the past few days.

Still wondering what was going on I decided to get in contact with some of my old friends in Waynesboro that have some knowledge about Site-R (most of which is not first hand knowledge). From what I gather it seems most people have heard that Site-R was in the process of a major hardware update to their various communication systems.

Again, I know that this is not first person information but I have no reason not to at least trust the people I talked to. With that being said I will continue to watch with interst to see if anything is going on there and I ask that if anyone hears anything please let me know.

Thanks to all that responded to my post.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

That would be correct, that they are upgrading and consolidating their comms. I have a close friend that does secret computer work for the government all over the world(she is civilian). She was at raven rock or site R about 5 months ago, for about 3 weeks. She brought me back a peice of the green granite, which I believe is the 3rd hardest rock known to man. She said she went down in an elevator for almost 10 minutes and then got into another and went sideways for 5. WOW! She says they are in the process of linking all branches of the military and pentagon into one communication system. She says the place is nothing short of enormous, about half the size of atlanta, ga.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Does Project Ravenloft = RavenRock? Or are they just similar Black Ops projects?

I remember being surprised hearing both come up in mainstream media, on CNN and ABCNews right after 9/11 as potential intended targets for Flight 93. It's not everyday that a line item on the Black Ops Budget gets mentioned over the media airwaves as if everyone knows what it is.

top topics

join