It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla Down Under

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I really have no idea where else to put this thread but I found a really interesting site, especially the pulse section - they make something that looks very similar to the glowing orbs people see.

Some really interesting applied science going on here, check it out.

TeslaDownUnder

Pulse Image

Tesla stunts

Let me know what you think

J

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
I really have no idea where else to put this thread but I found a really interesting site, especially the pulse section - they make something that looks very similar to the glowing orbs people see.

Some really interesting applied science going on here, check it out.

TeslaDownUnder

Pulse Image

Tesla stunts

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Amazing pictures!!

Duncan

Let me know what you think

J

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Ok seriously though.... this is awesome - I didn't actually know this stuff existed.

FerroFluid

You gotta check that out... like magnet jelly ?!?

"Ferrofluid 2004 A bizarre fluid that is magnetic made of nano sized magnetite particles contained in micelles in a mineral oil base. The really weird thing about it is the tendency for the fluid to form stable 'spikes' in a strong field. These will change with the magnetic field leading to different patterns of spikes as the field interacts."

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Peter (AKA tesladownunder) was at some point an active member here on ATS. Don't know why he stopped visiting though...

Here's his Big Thread. Quite a pleasant guy.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Can you get him back ? - this is the sorta energy we need in the science and research section.

It's going to take me ages to get through all the experiments and awesomeness on his site.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Absolutely an incredible find! I can already see that I am going to be spending a lot of time reading and researching! Starred and flagged!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about his returning or not. You are welcome to try and convince him though. You can find his e-mail addy at the bottom of his webpage...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
What about this FerroFluid and AeroGel (frozen smoke) wth ? hehe
This guy is like the mad scientist we've all been looking for!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
that guy is just awsome
star and flag for the op, cos im going to be reading his site for some time to come i think

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about his returning or not. You are welcome to try and convince him though.

I am listening. In fact 75 people from ATS have visited my site since this thread started.
Glad you like the stuff. Hey it doesn't always work - I now have a "failures" page as well.
A lot of what I do is just get some interesting stuff and do things with it, while taking lots of photos. Find something different or a new way of lokking at things and develop it.

TDU

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a candidate for burningman if i ever saw one. sir, if you have not gone, please allow yourself one vacation this year and be with like minded people.
amazing stuff! love the nerds!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
With the oil troubles getting worse by the day and wind, solar, etc... not really being economically viable, i am not suprised to see an increase in people looking back to Tesla's work for inspiration.
Personally i think he was one of the most underrated and underlauded geniuses of our time and if anyone in the past century could of come up with something viable and usable regarding energy or anything else for that matter, then it would of been Tesla.
I wouldn't put it past him to even still be alive and kicking today somehow.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by smokey101]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smokey101

..... Yeah maybe he's chilling with Elvis, Tupac, Osama and that guy who apparently found a wormhole and dissapeared :p

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tesladownunder

Hey glad to hear you're still about - loving your site by the way!
I dont even know what half that stuff is but I'm hooked, gotta gets me some of that ferrofluid for a rainy day.

Dont be a stranger now!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine
Dont be a stranger now!

Perhaps some interesting and thought-provoking questions would be a good reason for tesladownunder to come back?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Maybe he's having tea with Lord Lucan and will come back riding on Shergar too lol.

(Edit to say:- This s a reply to mortalengine about tupac elvis etc..)

[edit on 4/7/2008 by smokey101]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Awesome! The man himself came to read this thread!

TDU if you come back again, I'd love to know what got you into this particular field of fun, and if you might suggest some entry level ways for others to engage in these types science as well!

Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

found this sometime ago. found your comment trying to get back to it. So Australian, it's hilarious, especially the car theft deterrent. I may look to see what else you have here...

top topics

join