It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Rap Contest!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I am on an internship in a foreign country. At work I cannot record. Outside of work I have no comp. Please forgive

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Ok heres my entry. I used my own beat. My mate Razi Avel produced the track i performed the raps

Edit: Rate me on the tune not the video. The videos naff, I just cobbled it together in 2 minutes. It consists of my avatar and a nice pic of me

MySpace : www.myspace.com...
(not related)

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
www.youtube.com...

Ok heres my entry. I used my own beat. My mate Razi Avel produced the track i performed the raps

Edit: Rate me on the tune not the video. The videos naff, I just cobbled it together in 2 minutes. It consists of my avatar and a nice pic of me

Lyrics are sweet an the beat is decent. I left you a comment on Youtube but forgot to mention Good Luck in it so... good luck!!!

I'll record mine later and up tomorrow or later ATS

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Rap?
Isn't that the biggest contributing factor to the dumbing down of America?

Sorry but what a dissapointment to see this on ATS.
Last time I looked up the definition for Rap I discovered it stood for "Retards Attempting Poetry"

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Rap?

Last time I looked up the definition for Rap I discovered it stood for "Retards Attempting Poetry"

Wow, that is perhaps the most ignorant statement I've seen on ATS.

My apologies for your lack of tolerance.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker

Congratulations on being the first entry. Good attempt too.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Has there been any headway on finding an alternative download for the beats?

I think using beats outside the three provided is cool and all, but it goes against the nature of the contest to a degree.

I think that the 'deadline' should get pushed back until it gets figured out....

DocMoreau

edit to add: Could they just be posted as ats podcasts?

[edit on 8/7/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

It does say at the top of this thread that you can use your own beats aslong as your rapping about ATS'esque subjects. I suppose the beats are just provided incase nobody has there own originals to rap to. Oh and thanks for the love guys its appreciated

reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Yeh the guys just an ignoramus typing crap like that to get a reaction. Just ignore him man, He's an ass

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
To be totally fair to everyone, you can simply submit lyrics although part of the judging will be based on your ability to flow. Depending on how may entries we get we may have to have two categories. One for lyrics and one for an actual rap to a beat.

I was wondering if this still applies?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Congratulations on being the first entry. Good attempt too.

Hey, not to sound petty, but I was the first entry all the way on page one.

Normally being looked over wouldn't bother me, but from a Moderator?

My self-esteem is hurting over here.

Also, I'm not a garageband member and I downloaded those tracks. Not sure what the problem everyone seems to be having is. I just pushed the download button. Just letting everyone know its possible.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by CallMeMaury]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
YOOOO klev...good lookin out on the heads up man i been away for awhile lol but im back now...and this is just what i needed. keep yall ears open i will try and impress =P

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Okay, I figured out the issue I was having. I kept trying to download track 1, which apparently is considered 'featured' and unable for me to download. ilike(?) seems to be connected to garageband, and presented the information in a clearer manner.

The other beats seem to download fine for me.
DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Rap?

On the contrary my man, I think its rather disappointing AND sad to see someone like you on ATS. Don't you have something better to do...like go into a crowded room full of blacks and holler "I hate n*****s" or something?

I think its funny that you made your little comment from the comfort of your computer. I doubt you'd have the balls to say it in a room full of real rappers, lest you get your weak chin manhandled and dropped on your head.

With that said, great contributions so far guys. I am down for extending the contest too because I will not be here on the 15th. I will U2U kleverone about this.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wheres my royalty check(cupCAEKS?!?! are accepted)? this is a rip of the Lysergical Challenge! HA! I kid, I kid!

This oughta be fun, I know there is some talent here on ATS so I'll be listening.

ps: I hope no british rappers are allowed to enter, bwahahaha!

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
To be totally fair to everyone, you can simply submit lyrics although part of the judging will be based on your ability to flow. Depending on how may entries we get we may have to have two categories. One for lyrics and one for an actual rap to a beat.

To any of the mods, does this statement still hold true?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

Yes it does. Two categories. Entries recorded onto the songs and entries submitted via text.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury

It was noticed....excellent work, and I am not typically a rap fan. I was impressed with the flow of lyrics.

Seriously, man...nicely done...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Thank you

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
does anyone have any comments or criticisms about my songs? I would love feedback, ...

Has anyone even listened to them?

Just wondering.. I've never really have many people listen to it before so comments are always welcome (please don't be mean)....

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Does anyone know if entrys have to be in by midnight tonite? Or do we have till tomorrow to enter?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join