It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava - ATS MIX Show 93

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Johnny and I have had this scheduled for almost 45 days, but on July 8, 2008, we are going to interview bestselling author Lt. Col. Jay Kopelman of the US Marines and discuss with him the amazing story of one dog and how he changed so many lives, forever.

During his last tour of duty in Iraq, international bestselling author Lt. Col. Jay Kopelman of the US Marines adopted an abandoned puppy left behind during the battle for Fallujah. Upon his return to the US, he recounted the remarkable story in The New York Times, Times of London, Australian and Brazilian bestselling memoir, From Baghdad, With Love: A Marine, the War, and a Dog Named Lava. With both a tender, and yet thought-provoking perspective, he found hope in the grim realities of wartime Iraq, in his, and his fellow Marines' growing attachment to a scruffy stray puppy they named Lava.

Why This Is Such An Amazing Story

Jay Kopelman's Speaker Bio

Please Post Your Questions Now

Please FLAG & STAR This Mutha!

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

[edit on 8/13/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hello Jay. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to come and talk with ATS. I want to apologize right off because I haven't read your book yet, but I've got a couple of questions. So, if some of these are answered in the book, please indulge me, if you would...

First, the most obvious question that I think needs asked is: How are you and Lava doing now?

Second, has Lava adjusted well to being in America, after all that he experienced?

And third, do you and Lava still keep in touch with the other guys that adopted him?

Again, I wanted to say thank you for coming to ATS, and for sharing your story with all of us. Tell Lava that I said hey.

TheBorg - Forum Moderator

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hello Jay. I read your book after my younger brother who also served in Iraq asked me to. It was an excellent read; thank you for sharing. Thanks also for your service.

The first question is obvious; how is Lava doing?

Do you think that it should be easier to allow returning military members who like you have found a piece of happiness in the middle of war to bring their pets home?

If so, how would you regulate it so only healthy animals were brought back?

gallopinghordes
Forum Mod

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

This thread is for questions for the author.... NOT a platform for political stances or positions. PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS ONLY!

Dave

[edit on 6/29/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thank you for your service to both your country, kin and to Lava.
I only just found this link, but I love stories about animals that have happy endings.

I am a Desert Storm vet and even back then, the areas of Saudi Arabia and southern Iraq that we traveled in, one was always assured of seeing strays and injured animals of all types.

I have 3 dogs, all rescued. I hold a special place in my heart for any and all who take in loving animals and share a good home and companionship.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i read about this in readers di....well i wont mention the name.but this is a great story,high five to you my man.i dont have any questions i guess,nothing more than whats already been asked....just wanted to say i admire the way you handled the whole thing....peace

[edit on 30-6-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I got your book for my mom. She has Parkinson's and some spine and back problems, so she can't get around much and other than watching TV she reads.

She's just finishing it and really liked it. She keeps telling me about different parts as she goes along. We're big dog lovers and she likes to read stories about the soldiers, so it wa a great combination for her.

Thanks for putting your adventures in writing and having a heart for animals as well as your fellow man.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join