It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesbian Gives Birth to 2nd Clone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (CNN) -- A Dutch lesbian has given birth to the world's second cloned baby, the Raelian movement says.

The child is said to have been created by Las Vegas-based Clonaid, a cloning firm linked to the Raelian movement which said last month it had produced the first human clone, a girl called Eve, from a 31-year-old U.S. woman on December 26.

Sounding more and more like a bad movie.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i wonder if they're gonna allow a dna test for this clone???

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
dont believe the hype.

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hopefully the Lesbian is HELLA FINE!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Ahahahahah ! I guess time will tell . ... but It's probably highly unlikely the clone baby(s) are true .

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Evil cloning technology is from Satan !

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Im going to go ahead and call BS on this one

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm also skeptical of this claim.

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Unless they provide scientific proof of their claims don't believe a word of it.

[Edited on 6-1-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I just heard about this one too. OK what they do, apparently, is take an egg, get rid of the DNA from it, then insert a full diploid of 46 chromosomes into the egg. So now it's like a fertilized egg. Then they reinsert it into the surrogate and it becomes a perfect clone, physically speaking of course, of the donor of the DNA. Got all that? No?? Go back to high school biology! ...Stupid... But I guess when people think clone they think a perfect copy of the person, with the same memories and everything, age and all... Nah, they just mean they made a baby version of someone's body that already exists or existed.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
No Smiley everyone here knows how a clone is made, but what most don't realize is a cloned embryo only has about an 11% chance of actually becoming a viable living being.

They don't know why its such a small %...

Also, the reason I disagree with cloning, is it makes almost NO way to prevent identity theft, it also means that humans lose their individuality, look at Gatica that's a great example.

Who are we if we were made to be something?

Who is the clone if he is just the shadow of his predicessor?

This is a technology that shouldn't be used to create life, only used to further currently living beings existance.

Such as cloning a persons arm, and reattaching it.

Or to clone someone's defective liver, and remove the defective genes and do a liver transplant for instance.

But to clone a person, or to make them genetically inhanced purposely, goes against what it is to be Human....we are made by the SPIRIT to succeed, without our for knowledge of our limits, meaning we can even push farther then our limits, through the tenacity of Human spirit!

How far do you think a person whom is told they were made to be this, and to do that...how far do you think they will push? Do you think they will have that same spirit we all currently share?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Nyah, I got scared when people were saying they didn't believe it, I don't know what they're thinking! You're probably right, people are not as dumb as I was scared into believing... well I guess when no one got it I jumped at the chance to share my superior knowledge with everyone, muahaha!
... I'll just slowly back away now ...

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

and

news.bbc.co.uk...

are two items of interest.

Couple of points to think about:
if 10 were successfully implanted 5 are go, how far did the other 5 get and were they subject to deformities as has been the case in other research? were these killed as they would present the organisation in a bad light?

if they have done it, then could this just be jealousy on behalf of the 'accepted' scientific community - that someone beat them to it? That history wasn't written the way they intended it to be?

Who do you trust in all this bullsh|t? Next!

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Satan is behind this !

Evil cloning technology is from Satan !

interesting p.o.v. Would that also mean that operations such as heart transplants, kidney transplants, hip replacements, face lifts* are all part of Satan's doing?

*Michael Jackson being the exception of course.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Was the first one born in America?

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Who said that Phait? I looked for Truth, but not here, then for jedimaster, not here. So who said that? Hopefully they were just joking.

kim

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
even if it isnt true at the moment, itll most definately get out of hand. like FM said...11%- that may be small but thats not going to put anyone off. ugh, itll probably be fashionable in about 50 years or so

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
hmmm does anyone know where clonaid is REALLY based out of? cause the leader of the raliens is french-canadian and thats where the ralian cult began. i figured clonaid was based out of montreal, but i read an article a couple weeks back that said they were based out of some bahamas island or something and now this article says there based out of las vegas. hmmmmm.

top topics

join