It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning STS-75 "Tether" secret revealed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
When I see this video I immidiately think it looks like the UFO's are displaying a threatening pose to what they think is an unknown alien spacecraft, which in fact is just the tether. It looks like they are opening their gunbay doors, to show what they think is an intruder, is not welcome. Im betting that the earth is under siege or protected by some alien races and they dont want intruders here. The tether was charged with a high current which may resemble the signature of a alien spacecraft. My 2 cents.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by spacevisitor
I also assume that you have seen all the NASA footage of Martyn Stubbs, so do you also think that the lights who are visible there are also the Plasma based lifeforms?

NO I haven't seen ALL Martyn's film footage.. only a small fraction
So whats up with that Martyn? Last I have is that article posted on Rense with that legal battle what 2000 I think?... No legal battle, just theft that takes lawyers and mucho money so....I am now in the final stages of a major download of my full archive, going back to the masters and even finding new "events". This will happen at my new home at tbln.com..The Borderlands Network. The full Tether sequences are a lot longer than have been seen to date, and show so much more with better quality..the seg. of the Mir flyby, with huge objects flying past the MIR goes on for 40 minutes and there will be a few FREE edited highlights going up on the sight as soon as I get them finished and then ready for viewing. Also I will go all out with phen.#2- the "sreaks" that I capture in single frames 1 30th of a second..and in field frames at 1/6oth of a second..I'll release the source video, so everyone can have a go at catching these self luminous, colored objects, as well as
show an hour of what I captured, to set the bar!!! The whole thing with both the plasma UFOs and the "streaks" should go on for hours,,at least 8 hrs..and that is why I go to ATS...as a break from all this work I am doing..I enjoy all the posts and am now getting used to all the characters who are members..All is well with the project and I will post links to the free previews, that will be not short..there's lots!..as soon as we get our game together, but it's summer and I have a dirt bike and so it will be a Sept/ Oct thing! ..check out me at tbln.com (The Borderlands Network)..We want to get all this out for the online community to be edited to bits and everyone can post their work and have fun! We will only charge costs and everyone will boot it and repost anyway for free!!! I enjoy on line sharing and now there is a platform at tbln..I'm appointed to the Canada prez.job and get no salary...its a hobby, as I work just like the rest of the world on a daily basis.so don't hassle me over this shameless promo!..it was , after all, in answer to your question.

To answer your question Space, I haven't seen one in the NASA films I would call a spaceship, but I don't have any inside source of films either.

I will give you a short summary tomorrow. I decided it was time to put the points to paper... It always helps me when I use my website as a 'thought organiser' But I really need to stop staying up so late

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

When I see this video I immidiately think it looks like the UFO's are displaying a threatening pose to what they think is an unknown alien spacecraft, which in fact is just the tether. It looks like they are opening their gunbay doors, to show what they think is an intruder, is not welcome. Im betting that the earth is under siege or protected by some alien races and they dont want intruders here. The tether was charged with a high current which may resemble the signature of a alien spacecraft. My 2 cents.

Would a superior species that has mastered faster then light speed travel really mistake a long wire for another spaceship?...unlikely IMO.

I am not sure how you go from darker areas on a fuzzy white blob to gunbay doors, seems like pure speculation to me.

Could someone please explain to me just HOW this broken teather is ment to be generating a high current? It will be collecting to odd charged particle through space but any current would be tiny. If a large charge was produced the resulting current would be from static arcing, the current would not last longer then a second.

Can anybody put foreward a possible explaination as to how this thing would sustain a current?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

The tether info is all over NASA sights- google STS-75..and the tether EM process is fully discussed. It worked, even broken (for a second time -same failed old tether as the early 1990s try!) And it worked so well generating more electricity than NASA predicted, and they say this overload was the cause of the break- and Steve, I answered the -we need more, longer and new footage question last post...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

you should read up on Plasma Cosmology theories. I would likely help the understanding to a great degree.

The tether is picking up more than just a weak static charge.

The important part is the differential. Over a tether that is several kilometers long, it could be expected that there would begin to be a difference in charge from one end to the next. Enough so that electrons would begin to flow in an effort to seek stability. That is the purpose of the tether, right?

How conductive are those materials at the tempuratures of space? You know, strange things become superconductors at extremely low temperatures.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
To secretnasaman,

I know how the teather is supposed to function, but I ment

Could anyone propose how it could sustain a current while its broken.

Try tearing any electrical appliance you have in half and see how well it works. I cant find anything online that says the teather was working while it was disconnected if you could provide a link to this I would greatly appreciate it. My biggest problem with this is i cant see HOW it could be working, but i am open minded if you could provide a explaination.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
To bigfurrytexan

That superconducting theory is really original thinking I like it
I'll see if i can find data on nasa to see it it becomes superconducting.

I know a fair bit of plasma physics already, and i can't come up with my own explaination thats why im asking for one.
Even if there was a charge differential on the wire and it is long, this would still not produce a sustained current unless there is a circuit, and i believe that it is broken. Also if currnt is flowing up and down the teather as you suggest to different areas on the teather why dosen't it change luminosity with time along the teather?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

First, the superconductor idea is something i saw Zorgon thinking about one day, and it has kind of stuck in the back of my head....it is darn cold in space, you know?

Regarding the circuit....i am not the most initiated so i have a couple of questions/postulates:

1. the tether itself could support a return current to complete the circuit, no?

i think this is the actual tether used (or, a copy):

2. since we are dealing with plasma, could a the circuit not close itself externally from the tether?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
you know, if we are talking about superconductors, we are talking materials science.

I was reading up on the STS 75 mission objectives, and ran across this:

science.ksc.nasa.gov...

The primary objective of STS-75 is to carry the Tethered Satellite System Reflight (TSS-1R) into orbit and to deploy it spaceward on a conducting tether. The mission will also fly the United States Microgravity Payload (USMP-3) designed to investigate materials science and condensed matter physics.

As well, this might be interesting to explain the conductivity of the tether:

The Tether Satellite System will circle the Earth at an altitude of 296 kilometers which will place the tether system within the rarefied electrically charged layer of the atmosphere known as the ionosphere. The conducting tether will generate high voltage and electrical currents as it moves through the ionosphere across the magnetic field lines of the earth. Scientists will be able to learn more about the electrodynamics of a conducting tether system to deepen our understanding of physical processes in the near-Earth space environment. These studies will help provide explanations for events such as the formation and behavior of comet tails and bursts of radio "noise" detected from other planets.

judging by the details, it would seem that the tether incident went as planned:

TSS-1R Science Investigations include: TSS Deployer Core Equipment and Satellite Core Equipment (DCORE/SCORE), Research on Orbital Plasma Electrodynamics (ROPE), Research on Electrodynamic Tether Effects (RETE), Magnetic Field Experiment for TSS Missions (TEMAG), Shuttle Electrodynamic Tether System (SETS), Shuttle Potential and Return Electron Experiment (SPREE), Tether Optical Phenomena Experiment (TOP), Investigation of Electromagnetic Emissions by the Electrodynamic Tether (EMET), Observations at the Earth's Surface of Electromagnetic Emissions by TSS (OESSE), Investigation and Measurement of Dynamic Noise in the TSS (IMDN), Theoretical and Experimental Investigation of TSS Dynamics (TEID) and the Theory and Modeling in Support of Tethered Satellite Applications (TMST).

[edit on 11-8-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretnasaman(I know you know this!)...

Yup even our stealth aircraft are 'catching on'

or in the deadly environment that is the Abyss!..!

Cave fish in the underground bottomless waterway... there are fish living in dark waterways beneath Death Valley.. the hottest driest part of the world...its almost like Dune, there is so much water

I have that film... So there is no more hiding in your archives? I mean you had hours of recordings... I would love to hear those conversations

To bad you weren't recording Apollo

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Funny you should mention Apollo! I do have a 5 old LPs that Time/Life released weeks after the Apollo 11 mission and it does have a lot of those conversations. Amazing really..I find it long and snoozy in that I don't know what to think any more..about did they actually go there..it is not my "thing" and all I plan to do is give these away to some big time moon researcher when I go to my next conference ..but they are real and it is a gem of a find!! ...My archives are 2 weeks long per flight (analogue) and there are over25 flights in full..so I don't hide...I am still navigating through this metaphysical puzzle..And even David Sereda is still begging me to show him the full tether sequences, which he has never seen..even though he lectures on my work..we are friends and that won't change..but he is prone to exaggeration..ie..he only saw his first footage in 1998 and yet he posts that we worked together since 1994 and that kind of thing. He is a dynamo of energy though, and never quits trying to get more from me!! I expect a visit this summer!!..but he does owe me some money so we'll see!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I still don't understand why NASA used a "used" tether from a failed mission and not the NEW one they trained on??? This is totally weird and they are hiding this..nobody else seems to be aware NASA used the previous missions failed and flawed tether..and "at the last moment".....you won't find a thing about this in the NASA report on the "tether break", or on any web sight! Why?? Thoughts please ,anyone,as this was a 100,000.000 million dollar satellite that was lost because of this "thin" tether breaking and the mission cost a billion to complete ($500 million in fuel in the first few seconds!) What a secret they must be keeping on this mission,it's motives and the real results!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by secretnasaman

Could you please tell us how do you know that it was the same tether?

And where did you get the cost of the satellite?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steve B
Zorgon,
I guess we will have to disagree on this one but thats ok.

Well if we all agreed with me there would be no wars on the planet and it would become a boring place with no advancement

edit: just forgot to ask what you thought of that youtube link i posted. Do you think that guys explaination of the notches is plausable?

The explanation is right on for his example... he is (or whoever took the film) looking at Venus... I have studied this myself...

So since I am gathering thoughts for the web page let me address a few points.

First I have a problem with this guy because he picks his comments... I posted there several time and they were not 'accepted' In his own words...

"Comments and mature logical discussion are welcome, but posts containing such phrases as "the truth is out there" and "wake up people", or anything which implies some form of conspiracy will be blocked with great pleasure
"

With a name like MoronAntidote this is hardly a surprise... Bad Astronomy website does this also... 'screening' posts tends to give a false impression of support

Okay you said

Even if the teather is ment to be that bright it is still a false image because it is much much smaller in REALITY. Do you agree with that?

Yes I agree that it is MUCH smaller in reality, now YOU explain to me why it is even visible at 85 plus NAUTICAL MILES and why it 'appears' so large that even mission controls says 'wider than expected'... a point that was asked at that youtube link that he has declined to comment on...

you said...

If you have a close look at the UFO crossing the teather it even appears that there are shadows cast on the UFO's by the teather. Are we to accept that as reality just because it looks like it on film? I think not.

Considering the distance the tether is away from the camera... and I see a shadow on the 'object' please explain to me WHY that would not be valid? Your video example has a shadow created by a wire or something in front of the camera but his shadow is on the camera... the shadow on the 'object' is not a separate line, but a shadow on one side where one would expect to see a shadow...

Now lets get to the nitty gritty on the 'shadow' issue... Look CLOSELY at the image below... on the RIGHT HAND side you will see a dark region running the length of the tether... this dark 'shadow' also goes around the tip (The satellite) and is projected onto the object...

BUT the important thing that everyone forgets when looking at these videos is that they are INFRARED images... so the 'shadow' is an area out of the direct sun and shows less heat... it is still a 'shadow' but not in the same way we are used to... And in this clip you can see that the object' is indeed behind the tether...

Now lets get to the camera artifacts

He says...

Unlike NASA's STS-75 tether footage, this video shows a single out of focus object. This is unfortunate,

Yes VERY unfortunate and ever single debunker will only use ONE light source to 'prove' their point and to as he says..."classic demonstration of how anomalous objects can be conjured through improper use of a camera lens."

The problem here is that if you had a dozen light sources the camera would show the notches IN THE SAME ORIENTATION It could not show this aberation in many angles in the same photo

Example...

In the picture above the bright one has the notch UP and the one on the right has the notch DOWN and the two faint ones in the background are also at different angles...

Now in the next frame... the camera does not change position, nor does the camera change zoom settings at this point, but the bright one on the left now has its notch DOWN at the 7 o'clock position...

By the next frame it is in the 6 o'clock position. Yet the camera during this time frame has not changes... The example you provided the notch is ALWAY perpendicular to the camera and does not change position

Now bring me a video that shows multiple light sources that show the aberrations in different angles in the same image and we will talk

The thing about analysis is that you have to look at every detail... not just focus on one like skeptics tend to do... If working on only one fact... sure you can 'conjur' up a duplication... but if by 'conjuring' it means you have to ignore other facts and push only the single point... then that skeptic is dishonest and only makes things worse

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steve B
Could someone please explain to me just HOW this broken teather is ment to be generating a high current? It will be collecting to odd charged particle through space but any current would be tiny. If a large charge was produced the resulting current would be from static arcing, the current would not last longer then a second.

Why do you say "It will be collecting to odd charged particle through space but any current would be tiny."? On what do you base this assumption?

Have you actually researched the potential in space? Are you familiar with 'ambient plasma'? Ambient plasma is what space is full of.. 90% of the universe by current calculations. When a spacecraft 'plows' through this plasma (charged ions) it collects them on the leading edge and leaves a wake behind the craft void of ions...

The whole purpose of the special cameras was to RECORD these sleeve of plasma glow around the tether... this was NOT a proof of concept experiment... it was a working model

Tether Optical Phenomena Experiment (TOP)

Using a hand-held camera system with image intensifiers and special filters, the TOP investigation will provide visual data that may allow scientists to answer a variety of questions concerning tether dynamics and optical effects generated by TSS-1R. In particular, this experiment will examine the high-voltage plasma sheath surrounding the satellite...

In one mode of operation, the current developed in the Tethered Satellite System is closed by using electron accelerators to return electrons to the plasma surrounding the orbiter. The interaction between these electron beams and the plasma is not well understood...

Associate Investigator: Stephen Mende, Lockheed Martin

liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov...

One of the most frustrating things about trying to make a case is that as soon as you find good documents on the internet... they VANISH

However I always save documents and sometime order them from NASA in printed form (I have a few clips from one at the end.) The clip above is also in another paper so its not important.. below is the full report of the OTHER tether experiment STS 46 and you thought.....

TSS-1 scientific instruments, mounted in the Shuttle cargo
bay, the middeck and on the satellite, will allow scientists to
examine the electrodynamics of the conducting tether system, as
well as clarify their understanding of physical processes in
the ionized plasma of the near-Earth space environment.

Speeding through the magnetized ionospheric plasma at
almost 5 miles per second, a 12-mile-long conducting tethered
system should create a variety of very interesting plasma-
electrodynamic phenomena. These are expected to provide unique
experimental capabilities, including the ability to collect an
electrical charge and drive a large current system within the
ionosphere; generate high voltages (on the order of 5
kilovolts) across the tether at full deployment; control the
satellite's electrical potential and its plasma sheath (the
layer of charged particles created around the satellite)

The conductive outer skin
of the satellite collects free electrons from the space plasma,
and the induced voltage causes the electrons to flow down the
conductive tether to the Shuttle. Then, they will be ejected
back into space with electron guns.

Scientists expect the electrons to travel along magnetic field lines in the ionosphere to complete the loop

science.ksc.nasa.gov...

Can anybody put foreward a possible explaination as to how this thing would sustain a current?

See Above

Here are some clips from a file I ordered...

HUNDREDS of AMPs while the ISS is dragging itself through the ambient plasma... but what about an Astronaut?

Here is the end just after it broke... there does not appear to be any glow at this point yet... Now for some reason they only STARTED filming after it was 85 nautical miles away? Then how come they have pics just after it broke? Where is the missing footage?

This one has a line I REALLY like... They SHOULD HAVE put a circuit breaker in it JUST IN CASE
But perhaps they thought as you did... "It will be collecting to odd charged particle through space but any current would be tiny"

Guess they.. and you... were not correct
NEVER ASSUME you know what your doing where the Universe is concerned... it may come back and bite you

Now the last piece..

Now why is it you only hear about dust, debris and ice particles from the news media and NEVER A WORD about the EIGHT METER DIAMETER Plasma Balls created by the ISS?

Yet NASA reports... and Lockheed reports... and commission reports have all this info easily (well okay not THAT easily
) found in public sites?

[edit on 11-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Considering the distance the tether is away from the camera... and I see a shadow on the 'object' please explain to me WHY that would not be valid?
The question is "do you really see a shadow"?

If that dark line on the right is a shadow, why does it appear on the white background? Thinking of it, what is the white background?

And why is the "lower" part of the tether darker than the upper when the image is zoomed in but not when is zoomed out?

And why does the tether turn darker when one of those disks passes in front (or behind) it?

All of these things are consistent with camera artifacts created because of the difficulty in focusing a far a way, bright object while other bright objects move on the foreground, all this, apparently (I have never seen any official reference to it) through an infrared camera.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
ARRRGGG

I posted that last one then ATS froze on me and after power reset it posted a second time weird... Need to go hunting gremlins

[edit on 11-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Bigufurrytexan, Thanks for the info

Regarding the circuit....i am not the most initiated so i have a couple of questions/postulates:

1. the tether itself could support a return current to complete the circuit, no?

i think this is the actual tether used (or, a copy):

I must admit i was picturing it differently in my mind, Looking at that wire i conceed its possible that a circuit might be created.

2. since we are dealing with plasma, could a the circuit not close itself externally from the tether?

I'm not sure thats because of the plasma but this does make me think of something. If the wire is superconducting this effect might occur it might look quite bizzare, but i dont know?
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...
In regauirds to the NASA link I thought the sattelite would be much higher and exposed to less charged particles.

Zorgon,

Thanks for your reply i really appreciate all the information. Even if the exact same canera effect is not happening here it could be something similar, but i am not conviced either.

Yes I agree that it is MUCH smaller in reality, now YOU explain to me why it is even visible at 85 plus NAUTICAL MILES and why it 'appears' so large that even mission controls says 'wider than expected'... a point that was asked at that youtube link that he has declined to comment on...

Well unlike that guy i am happy to comment on it
When I see that teather I see one thing high contrast. To me it looks like what i've seen before on other cameras. When you turn up then contrast the overbright part of the picture tends to grow. To me it looks like they turned up the contrast to see the faint teather.
However i have looked at some pictures taken from the ground and they also show the same bright features/large dimensions. So i am doubting my hypothesis, I think there is a good possibility that the teather is really bright.

About the shadow, I need to think more about this one
I think it may be something else.

By the next frame it is in the 6 o'clock position. Yet the camera during this time frame has not changes... The example you provided the notch is ALWAY perpendicular to the camera and does not change position

Now bring me a video that shows multiple light sources that show the aberrations in different angles in the same image and we will talk

I agree with you that the notches do not move as much as the NASA video but i dont think they are always perpendicular to the centre dot If you watch the vid closely from about 3:16 to the end it appears that the notch on the bottom moves slightly to the left and right. Once again maybe not the exact camera effect as the one on NASA but a similar one. Also the notches dissappear and reappear like in the NASA vid. Even if this guy ignored you he may have part of the puzzle.
I am not sure if the camera features should be in the same direction at the same time. I will ask my sister what she thinks, she is a producer, works in ads.

In reponse to your second post unfortunately neither of those links work, I would like to obtain this document from NASA as you did could you please tell me what/who to ask for.
The numbers in documents are quite impressive but unless I am mistaken they all refer to the teather while it is 'operating' one exert suggests that it should be turned off while astronaughts are in spacewalk. Is it not turned off when it is disconected? I dont understand exactly what 'ISS plasma contactors' do or if they are neccessary for the teather to function at all. Could you explain that bit to me.
Just thought i'd mention this bit cuz no one has metioned it yet about the video the objects appear to travel in straight line except one. On your video link (pg2) Its just to the left of the teather. The object starts moving up the screen at 2:27 stops at 2:38 then changes direction and goes back down. maybe a sattelite.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I think there is a good possibility that the teather is really bright.

Kind of like lightning huh?? Didn't someone post that earlier??

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Kind of like lightning huh?? Didn't someone post that earlier??

I know you told me this before but i need more then being told I need to be convinced. And if you read my post I said good possibility, I am still not convinced. Unless you can answer my question in my last post that is
How is the teather tuned off, What exactly to the 'ISS plasma conectors' do are they critical to teather function.
Unless you know the answers to these question you shouldn't be completely convinced either.

I keep an open mind you know I have not already ruled out anything, unlike many UFO people and skeptics alike. I thought you would appreciate my willingness to listen to good theory (thanks Zorgon), instead i get an 'I told you so'. Thats not very constructive is it gotanybob.

EDIT: I was just checking backand remembered to mention this. Then the teather is first lost and all folded up it appears to be more ribbon like. What does everyone think of that?

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Steve B]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join