It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LOST(Law Of the Sea Treaty) maybe coming back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The LOST would give power to the UN over the International seas of the world. Anything above or below the sea would be its domain and it will be a source of revenue for the UN. A unique military could be created for its authoritarian power.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Its very strange that this acronym L.O.S.T. is being used in association with all the seas of the world. What legend is associtated with being lost in the sea?

Stargate Atlantis is coming July 2004!

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Many believe that if you can control the great seas and oceans of the world, you control the world!

agreed!

that is all really scary though. i hope to god that it does not go through.

and this sort of standing army (or navy actually) would be manned by who?

and would military vehicles be under its juristiction? like say that this floating navy has to know where all the military ships are at all times... i mean, if let's say that the us has a spy sub in on russia, but the UN's navy in that area is patrolled by russians. wouldn't they stop it from happening? i would think so.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't really think that's fair, or possible. The UN telling me what to do when I'm 1000 miles from anything that resembles a "nation." Please, They're going to have a hell of a time trying to enforce this.

I hope this isn't a bunch of buraucratic mumbo jumbo that no one can interpret without a lawyer. I would like to read it before I sail across the Pacific this summer.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here's another comment on the recent developments of LOST by the Bush Administration.

(Scroll down to article "LOST at Sea")

www.libertymatters.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
spot.colorado.edu...

"Ratification would be beneficial to oceanographic research. "

"The United Nations also produced guidelines, beginning with a declaration that "the seabed and ocean floor, and the subsoil thereof, beyond the limits of national jurisdiction�are the common heritage of mankind"

"International scientific collaborations will be encouraged, and UNCLOS also sets out
guidelines for protection of archaeological and historical resources."

A perfect example of this is the recent finding of ancient ruins 2000ft below the sea between Cuba and the Yucatan Peninsula. Many researchers want National Geographic to get involved in the project, but due to Embargo restrictions upon the area of Cuba, good funding and expertise are held back.
If LOST(or UNCLOS) is approved US research can be involved in these waters.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
from... www.libertymatters.org...

LOST creates the United Nation's International Seabed Authority (ISA) that would have the power to regulate seven-tenths of the world's surface, levy international taxes, impose production quotas (oil production) and create a multinational court to enforce its judgments.

hmmm oil production, eh? that sounds rather fishy to me. (no pun intended on the topic)

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
On my website www.thetempleoftheblessedearth.org... I am currently breaking down the prophesies of the book of revelation. Folks, I hate to break it to you but, our children may well be the last generation alive before Anti-Christ, and his New World Order are fully in place.

The U.N. is the staging area for this new world order, and as you can plainly see by current events, the U.S. is slowly giving away Her soveriegnty over to the coming global authority.

We are moving towards a cashless sociaty, and moving towards the "Global Family" ideaoloy so fast that I would not be a bit suprised if The Rapture were to occure within the next ten years. Not that I presume to set a definate date for this event because a close look at scripture reveils that Jesus himself did not know when this would occure stating that "......only your Father in Heaven know`s the day and hour......"

However, keep an eye on the news, and see the prophesies being fullfilled before you very eyes.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The US needs to "deep-six" this badly!
I'm not fully sure that this is a Bush-thing, but I do know that it is Republican party affiliated, thanks mainly to the efforts of:

"That�s because the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea, a treaty that has remained latent since Bill Clinton�s presidency, has reemerged as a threat to this nation�s sovereignty, thanks in large part to Senate Foreign Relations Chair Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) and his fellow committee members."

Further on in the article:

"The treaty gives the United Nations control of the sea. It compromises U.S. national security, siphons U.S. corporate and taxpayer dollars for global interests in the form of new levies, stifles U.S. development and gives away hard-earned U.S. technology to even non-friendly nations. This treaty represents the "largest transfer of sovereignty to a U.N. body ever," says Brandon Wales, a senior associate with the Center for Security Policy. "This is unprecedented."

If ratified, the United States will no longer hold the right to board and search all suspect vessels - a prohibition that will greatly endanger our nation�s security and impede our progress with the war against terrorism. The United States will no longer hold jurisdiction to freely explore the ocean�s beds and waters for oil and precious magnesium without first obtaining permission and receiving quota limitations from the International Sea Bed Authority, a U.N. body. The United States will be required to pay a tax on all ocean discoveries to this same U.N. body, and the United States will also have to share its mining and exploration technology with the likes of China and North Korea � nations that in turn can
use this technology against our own military defenses!"

"We Must Stop the U.N.'s Law of the Sea Treaty!"
www.americanpolicy.org...

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
they would also control all the airflights. therefore the new airline security would all be UN. good way to restrict movement

top topics

join