It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Refused To Open Unwelcome EPA E-Mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

White House Refused To Open Unwelcome EPA E-Mail

news.slashdot.org

The White House lost a case in the Supreme Court about the need for the EPA to regulate greenhouse gases. So the EPA made new rule. And now the NYTimes reports that the White House did not want to get these new rules from the EPA about greenhouse gases. So they did not open the email.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Henry Waxman threatens contempt vote for EPA chief

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The White House in December refused to accept the Environmental Protection Agency’s conclusion that greenhouse gases are pollutants that must be controlled, telling agency officials that an e-mail message containing the document would not be opened, senior E.P.A. officials said last week.[...]

Over the past five days, the officials said, the White House successfully put pressure on the E.P.A. to eliminate large sections of the original analysis that supported regulation, including a finding that tough regulation of motor vehicle emissions could produce $500 billion to $2 trillion in economic benefits over the next 32 years. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

Both documents, as prepared by the E.P.A., “showed that the Clean Air Act can work for certain sectors of the economy, to reduce greenhouse gases,” one of the senior E.P.A. officials said. “That’s not what the administration wants to show. They want to show that the Clean Air Act can’t work.”

What else is to say about this Administration? What a joke!

They don't like the results of a federal agency's conclusion, ordered by the Supreme Court, so they refuse to open the email with the conclusion and measures that should be adopted?

This is the image that I had in my mind while reading this:

news.slashdot.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It just shows, once again, that this administration's priorities are centered more on big business and big oil than on the welfare of the citizens it serves, not to mention the entire planet. I believe that history will show that this Presidency was the most corrupt and evil that has existed since our republic began; maybe the most corrupt and evil in the entire world, since Adolph Hitler. I am just as angry at Congress, though, especially the Democrats who have sat back and not called Bush & Co. to task for the illegal and destructive acts he and his gang have committed.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

For some reason .. I find it very hard to believe .. that a supreme court ruling and subsequent changes to the law where delivered via one Federal Agency to the Executive Branch of the Government via an E-mail account.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by danx

For some reason .. I find it very hard to believe .. that a supreme court ruling and subsequent changes to the law where delivered via one Federal Agency to the Executive Branch of the Government via an E-mail account.

I was thinking the same thing. Yes I can see an email being sent on it but surely they would have sent hard copies to the WH as well. You would think the SC would send something on their ruling as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I believe there must be a 'hard copy' of every transaction or communication made between agencies. Maybe the CIA would get away with it but I don't think the SCOTUS would,or the numbnutz at the EPA!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Someone care to look this up? I don't know where to start looking, but it sounds feasible that there would have to be a hard copy sent as well.

However, if I remember correctly. Some government officials got away with who knows what, because they "accidentally" erased their e-mails and other electronic memos.
For that to have been possible, they must not have had hard-copies either.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think that because of that very case all government business must have traceable copies. I can't find it but I do remember reading this was the case!

Zindo

PS I'm not sure if its law but maybe a Justice Department mandate!

[edit on 6/25/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It doesn't matter anyways.....they would just scoff at the EPA and break the laws just like they have for almost a decade.

Anyone see Addington and Woo yesterday???

Same crap....."....we have been instructed not to disclose any of the information you are asking for."

They lie, and then "can't recall" when questioned by congress, judges,... (etc.)

top topics

join