It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got an HD TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Samsung LCD HD TV.

I can't believe I spent all this time watching standard definition baseball games. :shk:

I watched the Yankee game last night in HD. They lost
, but it was great.
I love this TV.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Congratulations!

Care to tell us the specs? Which one and most sneakingly... may we ask for a photo of the setup?

I'm buying a Samsung on Friday. Mine will be the Le32A457 (might go for the 5 series but it's way to expensive compared to this one)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I love my HD TV and I agree, sporting events are far more enjoyable to watch.
It's about 8 years old but the picture is incredible. Can't recall the model but it's a Sony WEGA. Not flat but it's about half the depth of a normal tv.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
tv
That one.

It's on the small side, but it's in my bedroom, and since I'm only a few feet from the TV in there, it's a great size.
Love it.

[edit on 25/6/08 by enjoies05]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yeah, its effin sweet isn't it? I use it to play XBox360. I don't see how people play one without it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was promised an HD flat screen from my husband for Christmas...I'm still waiting.

This thread just reminded me of that. Where's my tissues?

Rush

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

sweet i got the same one as you except 40inch

great for playing my ps3/xbox 360

sad thing is i cant afford the SKY HD

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I love HD TV. I have a 42" Toshiba Plasma tv which is great for watching sports. Also great for videogames!

The only thing better than watching the game in HD is being at the game!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yeah, Grand Theft Auto 4 looks great on it.

And Food Network HD might be some of the finest TV I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This thing also kicks ass as a screen for my laptop.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

We have two Samsungs in the house and they are great..wait until you hook up a Blu Ray player to your LCD. We have a 65 inch DLP and a 46 inch LCD..Please make sure you buy a warranty just in case..We have had both Tvs for a year now and already used the warranty for repairs to both...Im not mad because it was no money out of my pocket but we had an issue with the power source on the LCD and I forget the issue with the DLP but it was fixed pretty quickly, Id say three days and they were here but the parts for the LCD were on backorder so it was out of service for 8 days...Dont worry they are the best TVs on the market in my opinion but the warranty is always nice to have just in case!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I recently got a Panasonic TH-50PZ850U.
It even hooks up to the internet, so now I can watch YouTube in HD.
The conspiracy people are having a field day coming up with ideas about a camera inside the tv beaming all my illicit activities to the men in black. ... I await their visit with full magazines!

[edit on 12/7/2008 by wookiee]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I got this one for my bedroom as well,

Samsung T260HD 26" LCD TV

www.buy.com...

It doubles as a monitor for my puter.[ this is a full 1080 screen ]

But after I got it, I was looking thru consumer reports about scanners and happened to see a report on HD tvs, and panasonic beat out samsung because of a wider viewing angle.

I'm still pretty happy. The picture is too clear, if that makes any sense. lol

I would have looked at the pannys had I seen the report b4 I bought. I'm not sure if the panny had a monitor connector on it and I bought mine for dual usage.

There is still one drawback to these TV, and that's that the programming has not improved along with the picture quality.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by toasted]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

I would have looked at the pannys had I seen the report b4 I bought. I'm not sure if the panny had a monitor connector on it and I bought mine for dual usage.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by toasted]

Mine has ...

3 HDMI jacks on the back and one on the front
1 VGA PC input
2 component video inputs
1 AV input with composite or S-Video
optical and analog audio output
the front panel also has a second AV input with composite and S-Video, as well as an SD card slot.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
wookie

that sounds real nice, too bad I didn't think about consumers report until after the fact...:-(

I can always give mine to Mom to replace her tube set, and get the panny . :-)

top topics

join