It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has NASA never gone back to the moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

One man's dream is another ATS-member's belief, you know.
I firmly believe that they found a lot more that just rocks and boulders and dust on the moon. In one of my threads I have even proved that NASA has painted images to hide a particular feature on a boulder. I have no doubt there have been further space missions to the moon which we don't know about.

(And please, can someone hurry up and post a reply to tell me how incredible stupid I am, so I don't kill this thread?)

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Why haven't we gone back to the moon?

One possibility. IF and I know its a very big IF but IF these transcripts are legit.. this might give us a clue as to why and why the photo's of the mission have such discrepancies that people think we never landed there at all.

SOURCE

Moon: Those are giant things. No, no, no - this is not an optical illusion. No one is going to believe this !
Houston: What ... what ... what ? What the h--- is happening ? What's wrong with you ?
Moon: They're here under the surface.
Houston: What's there ? (muffled noise) Emission interrupted; interference control calling 'Apollo 11'
Moon: We saw some visitors. They were here for a while, observing the instruments
Houston: Repeat your last information !
Moon: I say that there were other spaceships. They're lined up in the other side of the crater !
Houston: Repeat, repeat !
Moon: Let us sound this orbita ... in 625 to 5 ... Automatic relay connected ... My hands are shaking so badly I can't do anything. Film it ? G--, if these d--ned cameras have picked up anything - what then ?
Houston: Have you picked up anything ?
Moon: I didn't have any film at hand. Three shots of the saucers or whatever they were that were ruining the film
Houston: Control, control here. Are you on your way ? What is the uproar with the UFOs over ?
Moon: They've landed here. There they are and they're watching us
Houston: The mirrors, the mirrors - have you set them up ?
Moon: Yes, they're in the right place. But whoever made those spaceships surely can come tomorrow and remove them. Over and out.

Now in the off chance that this happened..If the original photo's were destroyed and had to be replaced. Which was done. but also spurred the fire for the theories that it never took place to begin with.

Thoughts?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
it is not in man kinds nature to go some where and not go back. if that were the case, colombus would never have come back to the americas. for his time and technology, it was just as expensive and dangerous as going to the moon. he found an island atoll. not much there. yet he went back again and again and found bigger and better things to take back.

we have bases in antartica. not much there but a lot of ice and dancing penguins!
costs alot to have people there, yet, there we are. people climb mt. everest time and again even though there is nothing up there. a barren peak.

our government would have gone back there, if for nothing else, national pride. lord it over the russians for pete's sake."hey, look what we can do! you guys can not do it! ha ha!" heck, with the shuttles, we could build a rocket in orbit. launch from there would be a lot easier and less expensive. we were only up there for a short amount of time. who knows what we could have found if we stayed?

us not going back to the moon never made sense to me at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The book "Leap of Faith" by Col. Gordon Cooper debunks a lot of what the astronauts are reportedly to have said. He writes about who saw what and where. No one on the moon saw any aliens or space craft (other than their own). It is interesting because Col. Gordon writes about his own UFO sightings and friends who told him of alien crashes. It is a fascinating book and is a must read for both believers and non-believers of UFOs.
We did not return to the moon for two big reasons:
1. Budget cuts
2. The public was bored with the missions.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

blackthorne.....there are two theories on this, not going back.

First theory is that Congress would simply not approve enough funds to NASA's budget. The Vietnam Confllict was drawing all of the attention, in the early 1970s. Resources and focus were shifted.

Second theory is the one that is found here on ATS, and elsewhere. This theory supposes alien bases on the Moon.

As to the first theory, well we have a lot of Lunar samples to examine. And from a strictly economical standpoint, what is the cost benifit for any resources versus the cost of getting there to extract them??? This is why there needs to be a commercial endeavour mounted.

As to the second theory....well, we will have to wait and see.

oops....I wrote 1070s....LOL!

[edit on 6/25/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

2. The public was bored with the missions.

Who all is bored with the space station missions? I sure am!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i do understand about vietnam. the moon missions, by comparison, were a drop as compared to the war budget. keck, most of the missions were conducted during the war. the last one was 1975 (?). the was had wound down by then. that was when the last copter took off from that building. there would have been more funds released for the space program with the ending of the war. yet they stopped just at that moment.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
What's your interpretation of the communications you posted?

There are many reasons that make me think that he was NOT talking about an UFO sighting.
One is the choice of the code "Santa Claus".
If you have to use a code, then this has to get unnoticed by someone that may hear you. My honest opinion is that nothing can be said for sure, but is very far fetched that he was actually reporting something unusual using such a extremely strange code.
While i find intriguing the song they were singing:
now THAT is odd, if you ask me:

the tone of his voice also changes right before referring to the "pair of bonny eyes" and besides he stops right after it, as if all he wanted to do was to "send that message".
I would like to point out that this is a mere speculation by me, and that i can be completely wrong, but that piece of song in that contest was really strange, imho

en.wikipedia.org...
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

internos.....I tend to agree with you.

The 'Santa Clause' reference from Apollo 8 could simply have been meant to convey their relief that the TLI trajectory was spot on, and they saw that the orbital return to TEI was also good.

As I remember, Apollo 8 was a bit of a 'publicity stunt'....the LM was falling behind in production, it was 1968, in December....and some Mission Objectives got shifted around.

The first manned 'orbit' of the Moon (beating the Russians) was of tremendous use to stir up the enthusiasm.....and the collective 'pride' of the American spirit....

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
Apollo 11: Roger, we're here, all three of us. But we have found some visitors..... They've been here for quite a while judging by the installations.... I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there. They're lined up in ranks on the far side of the crater's edge.....

Which "three of us" are they referring to? Please don't tell me that it was the three astronauts of Apollo 11 on the moon.

IMO, we stopped going to the moon because we accomplished our primary objective (beat the Russians) and the American people were no longer willing to support the costs.

Now, if we could come up with some commerically viable options for the moon we could get public support for returning there.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackthorne
it is not in man kinds nature to go some where and not go back. if that were the case, colombus would never have come back to the americas. for his time and technology, it was just as expensive and dangerous as going to the moon. he found an island atoll. not much there. yet he went back again and again and found bigger and better things to take back.

You are just being sarcastic, right? The part about it being just as expensive and dangerous?

I really don't think 3 ships and 3 crews could compare with NASA and the space program. Of course, I don't know what inflation was over 500 years

Also, the dangerous part...I understand he was sailing mostly uncharted waters, but he did have numerous men around him, a nice long supply of oxygen, the sun shining and wind blowing. True, he COULD have gotten stranded, but nothing like astronauts.

As far as payback.. The payback from discovering the West was enormous and almost immediate. Land, Spices, Metals, Plants. Sure, those were not guaranteed at the outset, but even if we could mine the moon, how long until the profit is seen? If we could put a listening post on the moon, hoping to catch aliens passing by, how long until we benefit?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

COOL HAND....what source did xweaponx cite for that 'transmission'???

Here's a primer for those too young to remember.....three Astronauts launch. Two fly the LM to landing, one stays on orbit in the CSM. Two then complete the landing on the Moon, and the EVAs, then return to rendezvous with the CSM, then they fire a burn to a TEI, and come home to Earth.

How much more simpler can we make it???

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Relax folks, the only base on the Moon is MoonBase Alpha, and Commander Koenig is probably pulling our collective legs !!

Seriously though although i joked just now, i do think there is probably a secret base on the moon installed by the military for whatever purpose they deem fit. Maybe even a last outpost in the event of God forbid a nuclear war and the Moon would serve as an ideal base to store supplies and stuff and start the Human Race again on the Moon. Wprth considering dont you think?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by please_takemyrights

takemyrights.....I believe, in the context of the era, blackthorne has a valid point, with the Columbus analogy.

There is a fairly common suggestion, now shown to be false, that people belived the Earth was flat, in 1492.

More accurate interpretations seem to point to a desire to find a shorter/quicker route to the Asian Lands. Hence, the Columbus mission.

It was known, then, about land routes to the East....and the valuables there...spice, silk, etc.

Also, there was a well-known sea route....down the West Coast of Europe and Africa, around the Cape of Good Hope, and back up North.....very long trip.

The idea Columbus had, knowing the Earth is round, was to sail WEST from Europe, thusly shortening the time enroute. What he didn't know was, there was another landmass in the way!!!! (We now call it North and South America).

This isn't rocket science......it's well documented.....

OK, carry on!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by please_takemyrights

those ships were fragile in the extreme for such a long voyage. water and rations, only so much room. diseases on ships. as for expenses, he had to go to the queen to get funding, so yes, it was very expensive. as you said, uncharted waters. they had no idea where would be the next land fall. they had no radios or communication with their home land, unlike the apollo mission. if something happened to them, no one would have known about it. his first landing was an island atoll with palm trees. relatively, nothing at first that would have made him want to go back.

so yes. i am being serious. one must take into account times and technology with an open mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

Because the race was won!

Next time they go to the moon will be to start a colony.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would bet my life that we're being observed from the moon by beings of extratrestial origin.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
^^^ You know what... i always been thinking the same thing. Like that saying that "God is watching all of us." Hmmmmm think about it. We must have been some kinda experiment that exceeded the E.T.s limitations But thats is the E.Ts created us. But, thats "IF" they did. I was just saying.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by mrfire9]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by xweaponx
Did something they aren't telling us actually go down on the moon?

There's no money in it. That's why we haven't gone back. The scientific knowledge gained from manned lunar exploration was determined by most of the American people to be not worth the cost of continued activity there. Going to the Moon is very, very expensive for just a few rocks. We were willing to do it to beat the Russians there during the Cold War, but that's not an issue any more.

Maybe someday we'll go back there to mine some Helium-3, but by that time we might find and easier way to get it, or manufacture it, or to do fusion research without it.

The most obvious use for the Moon right now is radioastronomy. Putting several huge radio telescopes in craters on lunar farside, shielded from most of the radio noise of Earth, would probably allow us to find any alien signals that might be floating around out there. And the construction could be done by little, web-spinning robots pretty cheaply, too.

We'll make it back to the Moon eventually, but we need a really good reason to do it.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Nohup]

no money in it? what a load of crap this reason is.

im no genius but if you evolution fanatics want to find something about how the universe was created you would think the moon was the first place they would look and this is only one reason to go back.

35 years since the last moon landing and technology was at its begening now technology has shot off you would think they would go back and observe the moon properly.

and i mean not collect a few rocks but go there and collect data in detail.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would like to know why it has been reported by all major media that NASA has lost its info on how the past missions went to the moon. That NASA forgot how to go to the moon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join