It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Fuel Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I would like to start an official place to report any news on the state of fuel protests in the UK. This has been prompted by a two week old newspapaer that I happened to read today, where I came across an article with information from the last "go-slow" rolling blockade on June 11th in Scotland. Some of the drivers involved mentioned that they have given Gordon Brown a deadline of 3rd July to do something about the levels of fuel tax here in the UK, and the crippling effect it's having on the transport industry.

After the 3rd July, as reported in the paper I read today...I can't remember which one, but it was a tabloid...much more serious action is planned to take place should the Government decline to reduce fuel tax to a manageable level. Specifically, there was talk of more, bigger blockades, and shutting down the food supply traffic to supermarkets, which would "clear supermarket shelves within 3 or 4 days".

Are there any truck drivers or hauliers on ATS who might be able to give us a heads up on this situation? How can we offer real support to you, AND prepare ourselves? Please understand, I'm behind you guys totally...I cannot imagine how hard it has become running this type of business in the current climate, so this is not criticism of you, but an offer of support if we can give it and a request for updated information for all of us. Keep us posted please!

Thank you!

Caitlin

join