It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge circle around the sun with glowing blue ufo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Does anyone know what could be going on here? I took this photo (3 others to follow) of a massive circle around the sun. Before anyone mentions it, myself and another witness (who also photographed it) could see this with the naked eye, so it is not a camera problem or flare etc. It was taken today (24/06/08) in the UK south east. As if the circle (disc) was'nt weird enough on it's own, there was also a blue sphere that came out in the photo's. We did not see this with the naked eye!! the other photo's show it at different positions although all the pics were taken from the same spot. The object was present on both mine AND my friends photo's, so was definately there. There had been heavy chemtrail spraying that morning, if this may be relevent to anyone who has any ideas. The circle was very dark to the eye and had various colours all the way around it's edge. There seemed to be a reddish tinge to some parts of the circle. I expect that this is probably some natural, albeit RARE phenomena, but this does not explain the UFO which appears to have a blue light source. Any help on this would be much appreciated as we
would love to know what we saw.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The sun halo is as beautiful as it is common...caused by ice-crystal high in the atmosphere.

The blue 'ufo' is probably caused by the camera lens???

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As i stated before!! it's not the camrea lens and it has moved position and also appeared on the photo's my friend took!!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
sun dogs and lens flair is my opinion. the "huge circle" is a fairly common occurance.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wow. When i looked at your pictures, I thought "someone hacked into my photobucket account"....because, yesterday I took the SAME pictures.....and im in Alaska!

The blue dot is just glare....

Also, this thread should be moved...it has nothing to do with Aliens & UFOs

Anyways, here are my pictures from yesterday and here is a link talking about this: www.polarimage.fi...

[edit on 24-6-2008 by greeneyedleo]

link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Does anyone know what could be going on here?

It's a sun halo caused by ice crystals in the atmosphere.
You can see lots of examples and an explanation by going to This Site. Click the left/right arrows for more images.

The blue blob looks like an internal reflection within the camera lens. This is caused by aiming the camera almost at the sun.

WG3

link   

As i stated before!! it's not the camrea lens and it has moved position and also appeared on the photo's my friend took!!
You can "say" it moved, but these pictures were taken from different angles, thus the flair would "appear" to move because you're getting a different angle of light.

I'm sticking with lens flair until I see several pictures taken in a row from the exact same spot showing that thing moving.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

OK but you said in the opening post:

there was also a blue sphere that came out in the photo's. We did not see this with the naked eye!! the other photo's show it at different positions although all the pics were taken from the same spot.

Which means somewhere between the lens and film the blue dot was formed (think lens glare).

also....

Read more about sun halos here.

[edit on 6/24/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks for all the info everyone that posted. Seems it's nothing unsusual after all. Was an incredible sight though

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Thanks for all the info everyone that posted. Seems it's nothing unsusual after all. Was an incredible sight though

It is an incredible sight! That is why I took pictures too!

Thanks for sharing! Always best to share and ask, then not ask and be left wondering

[edit on 24-6-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
the sphere around the sun is caused by heavy chemtrail bombings.

real heavy, the kind the use to smack the day away
oily stuff

still it could be a blue ufo, even if lensflare has the same effect, it does look like flare/glare

the world is a chemtrailufo ball.. we all have to chase the really high atmospheric pressure in our cars just to get some sun..

[edit on 24-6-2008 by skywatch]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Thanks for sharing it with us, it really is beautiful. I've also seen halos around the moon which is also really spectacular.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

i dont think this has nothing to do with reflections of any kind..
this is a clear shot

is this a cropped picture?

and what kind of camera was used.. a smaller one without a dedicated lens or one with lens and a sunprotector aplied to it

[edit on 24-6-2008 by skywatch]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
although i have no doubt that you actually saw this,unfortunately we need beter pictures of these things,simply seeing a blue light that could easily be shrugged off as glare,doesnt really help anything,although a very nice photo indeed,beautiful

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join