It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ArMaP's first 4 years on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hi to all ATS people!

Today is my fourth "ATS birthday", and I decided to mark the event this year.

Four years ago I decided to join ATS because I thought it was a great place, with many interesting (and even more uninteresting
) people with who (or is it whom?) I could learn something about many subjects.

I was a lurker for around a year, and if I remember it well, I found ATS while looking for information about the JFK assassination. I don't even remember which site I came from, but once on ATS I thought it was a great place.

I had never participated in a forum (much less in English, a language I learnt by myself, just by earing it spoken in movies and on TV shows, so I have some problems writing in English, I have to use a spell-checker and re-read my posts some times) and I never was a person that likes to talk or to write, but I decided to join ATS so I could answer some posts to which I thought I could add something useful. I also thought it a good way of practising my English.

Four years, 4,436 posts and 70 threads later, I think it was one of the best things I have done in my life.

Although I may spend too much time on ATS (going to sleep everyday at 2 AM is not the best way of resting after a 10 hour working day
), I think that it's time well spent.

I have made some friends, maybe some enemies, but I think that my presence here has been a positive presence, at least for me.

So, prepared to more four years (or even more, if the world does not end again in 2012), here I am, enjoying a town holliday here in Almada and using this opportunity to spend my free time once more on ATS and BTS.

See you all on the boards, the (virtual) drinks are on me!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wow, 4 years. Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Congrats on 4 years with the best site on the web!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Happy ATS-birthday, ArMaP, my absolute favourite member in this forum!

You ALWAYS have something of value to contribute to the different threads, and you are NEVER rude or nasty to people. You are just a very, very, very nice person.

Have a happy celebration in Almada!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
hAPPY 4TH!

Time flys eh!! 4 years we have seen so many changes and ride so many storms, Laughed and shared times on the board,

I remember when you first started

Thank you for being here and being a big part of the ATS family,

to many more years to come!

Asala

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks everybody!

Your answers show why I like to spend so much time in here, this is really a great place, with great people.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, YOU are one of the best reasons that one would have to join ATS.
I personally can say that in my opinion you are on of the best contributors: i often look at your profile in order to read your last posts, that always add quality to the discussion. I think that ATS & BTS should be proud of you.

Happy fourth !!!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks, I did not knew that my presence on ATS was so highly regarded by some members, it is really a honour.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Congrats!

Love reading your posts, always well thought out, clear and helpful,

Four more please!

STM

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Congratulations ArMaP

I have always found your posts to be of excellent quality and you seem to have a good knowledge of CGI and other imagery which is a valuable asset to have on ATS

Keep up the good work

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Congrats ArMaP

I find you to be one of the most interesting members, your skepticism always adds to discussions and I look forward to your presence in every thread that involves images, your views are always appreciated by me.

Camilo

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Congrats ArMaP!

It's great to know there are still some folks who have no "agenda"...... except to find more knowledge.

Hope you stay with ATS for a long time to come

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thanks seentoomuch, OzWeatherman, Camilo1 and Scramjet76!

I was not expecting so many people in this thread, I have to get more drinks.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Congrats four years whoohoo!

I've been here four months.

Gimmee high fives and cookies? Kisses from the wiminz? Smoochy muah muah?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Slumming for BTS points, eh, ArMaP? LOL.

I have told you before the amount of respect i have for you, and why. Let's just say that i am thankful that you decided to join those years ago.

You are a good man, and represent your fine nation very well (you may have raised the bar a little TOO high
).

I never come to BTS, and like to use that SPAM icon when i do.
Makes me smile.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP I have enjoyed your posts, and as I stated on a recent ATS thread, I often time wait for your analytical skills to make a showing in a thread before I post and make a fool of myself. Here's to another four years..Cheers

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You must be spending your points!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Way to go ArMaP! Woohoo!! I too enjoy your posts, always articulate and well written. Enjoy your next 4 years!

Rush

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thanks Bachelor, bigfatfurrytexan, andolin, MrMysticism and hsur2112!

I think this is the most popular thread that I have made in these four years, thanks everibody.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Thank you for your intelligence, and i love to learn from you.

Here's to many more years!!!!!!!

an admirer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join