It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confession of a United States solider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Afew days ago a guy cane into the store i work in and helpeded with his purchase and we started talking and turns out he was stationed in Iraq. I asked about the videos going around, like the puppy video and he claimed he knew nothing of it. I asked him about there being video of soliders throwing a grenade at a sheep herder and kids running after a humvee just for some water and he told me thats not uncommon. He told me they make the kids fist fight each other for candy, all because theres nothing to do there and it keeps them entertained. I found this to be sad and unjustifiable. That is not what being a solider is about, i'm speechless. When will they remember why they really went there. And I know this doesn't apply to every soilder but for those it does apply, they should be ashamed.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IsThisTheEnd

"When will they remember why they really went there" quote

Do you mean to be sure that all of the oil would continue to be in the hands of multinational oil companies?

Or do you mean to find the "weapons of mass destruction"

Or do you mean regime change?

What is the reason we went over to Iraq?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
to set up a " democracy ", I know afew will disagree but I really don't want to get into the conspiracy of Iraq.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IsThisTheEnd

How do you know that he was a solider? Just his word?

Roper

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisTheEnd
to set up a " democracy ", I know afew will disagree but I really don't want to get into the conspiracy of Iraq.

It seems you already have by starting this thread and saying something about "the real reason they went over there."

I also talked to a soldier who was in uniform just returning from Iraq. He was telling awful stories about people being killed and all, personal stories and he had this strange glazed look in his eyes and had a wide grin during his tellings.

It was actually very sad. He verified that they do medicate them to not "feel" but he choose alcohol over the meds.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
We have military discounts and I asked to see his military card and he one.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i am sorry and not trying to "lessen" their "evil" or whatever, but we have ppl doing equally horrific acts over here and they are not living in a war zone. bad and evil does exist in ppl.... but so does goodness and kindness.

what is the point of this thread? to verify what most of us already knew w/out needing this 2nd hand account? just curious, bc if it is to bash the soldiers in general, although i have not and do not support this war, i think it is pointless and unfair......... and further more, although i will be the first to consider all circumstances and realize there were those who were duped into joining the military, i won't feel sorry for them either. they chose to sign up thus putting them in their situation.

horrific acts against humanity and on a lesser scale against animals happen every day and they aren't all carried out by the soldiers.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This thread was not created to bash any soliders, far from it. I started this to share with the ATS community what I was told and its been bothering me ever since. And evil and good is just apart of life but we have a responsibility to correct those who do wrong. I'm not saying soliders are the only people doing this, alot of people are but justing siting here and not speaking about it does nothing. Its like history, we all talk about the good part of history but try and hide the horrific side, and thats something you can't do. I know alot ATSers are against this war and we'll frankly are against Bush but this is the hand we were dealt and we have to make something of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Imagine with me for a minute that we are in the heat of a fire fight in Iraq.
All of a sudden you can't see because blood and pieces of flesh are in your eyes. You are spitting blood from your mouth. Your uniform is soaked in blood and guts.

Thankfully it is not your blood, flesh and guts. It's belongs to the soldier that was standing beside you. The first time it happens you may loose your appetite for a few hours. Sleep may escape you that first night.

The next morning you are tired and hungry. You eat. You go on patrol just as you had done the day before. You watch our soldiers get blown up and killed or maimed for the next 17 months.

I would think that would have a profound effect on your mind. To survive you must harden your heart. Of course it's wrong to mistreat an animal. It's even more wrong to kill each other in the name of war.

new topics

top topics

join