It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Alchemy Quiz

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am not that much into quizzes, but this one is not bad.
(And it is clearly conceived with a serious purpose, not as a parlour game.)

The Personal Alchemy Quiz

Enjoy.

P.S. I would love to hear your answer to the famous riddle (which is a part of the quiz):

"The key to life and death is everywhere to be found, but if you do not find it in your own house, you will find it nowhere. Yet, it is before everyone's eyes; no one can live without it; everyone has used it. The poor usually possess more of it than the rich; children play with it in the streets. The meek and uneducated esteem it highly, but the privileged and learned often throw it away. When rejected, it lies dormant in the bowels of the earth. It is the only thing from which the Philosopher's Stone can be prepared, and without it, no noble metal can ever be created."

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
According to the test, I am becoming a "spiritual warrior".

My answer to the life question was "matter"- right or wrong, lol, that was my answer

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Good for you, Alora.

And thank you for posting your answer to the riddle.
That enigma has been one of my favourites ever since I heard about it, and spent many hours (OK, minutes
) trying to solve it in the past ten years or so.
(There were no options to choose from back then.)

Just thinking about it is worth the time.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We should make a club, i too am a spiritual warrior. What is rather chilling about some of this is that it seems to follow my inner thoughts as of late. I've been trying to cut away from bad things and change into good habits. Also, the seperation from physical body sounds to me like astral projection, which would have to do with the soul,spirit, higher dimensional form of yourself, whatever you wanna call it, leaving your physical body and exploring the astral plane. Kinda makes me wonder, being a peices, if this could be hinting at in and out of a 'dreamlike' reality as i've seen explained as a peician(sp?) characteristic.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So Vanitas, what was your answer to the riddle?

Xilvius-- I'll join that club! I did think the description was rather accurate, but, sadly, it has been the same with me for a few years now. My growth has been stunted/stumped/halted. Drats! I need a kick start lol

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What has 3 common states?

[edit on 21-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
my overall score was 48......The opposing forces within you, whose conflicts have kept you drained and confused for so long, are finally coming together as one.

my answer to the so called "ancient riddle" was energy since that is what everything is made up of and seems, to me anyway, to not be the wrong answer to any of the questions asked in the "ancient riddle".

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
So Vanitas, what was your answer to the riddle?

Before, when I first read about it in a book about alchemy, I could not for the life of me figure what it was. Was it physical at all? Everything indicated so.
(I should add that in that version there was another line that added to the puzzle: "maids throw it out onto the streets". Frankly, that made me think of excrements.
After all, children do play with poop... just ask Freud :-))

But that was part of the fun, after all.
(I was very much into alchemy some 8 - 10 years ago.)

This quiz, however, states the nature of the options quite clearly: it is NOT (merely) physical. I am not sure whether they do have it right - although the items listed are essential to alchemy and any other "subtle" work, of course.
But from among the things on the list I hesitated between light, love, and energy.
Finally, I chose love, supposing that they meant it in the sense of "eros", the creative and cohesive force of the Universe.
Otherwise, y preferred choices would have been light or, secondarily, energy - but that didn't make sense in the light of some of the "clues".
Then again, neither does "love" fit all the clues...

Go figure.

I guess all of them are essential - and "hate" is essential as the one thing that should be avoided at all cost, because it destroys everything.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What is rather chilling about some of this is that it seems to follow my inner thoughts as of late.

You find it 'chilling' because quizzes are usually lightweight entertainment.

This one is (relatively) serious stuff, made by serious researchers.
And I am very glad to hear that you find it fitting.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
my score was 41 in total.
I answered Soul.
Says I am becoming a spiritual warrior, interesting

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Right... soul!

I almost forgot about that one.
I wonder, do they mean that in the sense of Sophia (= 'God's wisdom') which is often identified with 'soul'?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

You mean Piscean (relating to Pisces)?

Eh, I wouldn't put too much faith in that...
After all, Elizabeth Taylor is a Pisces - and she's as physical as possible.

Besides, in astrology there are many other factors to consider: the ascendant, the conjunctions, the position of Saturn and Jupiter... you name it.

Inner alchemy is the way to go. :-)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Not being a YouTube fan, I'd rather hear your answer, AllisOne.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I didn't really like this quiz. The concept is neat, but it feels incomplete.

Many of the questions were two questions in one... like "I am very good in an emergency, but fall apart afterwards." What if it's yes and no? I'm not sure if these trick questions were intentional, or if they're assuming that just because one part is true it makes the other part true as well, which of course isn't the case for everyone.

Also, I felt the choice in colors and symbols lacking. I didn't "feel" like any of the ones which were presented, yet I was forced to choose one in order to complete the quiz.

One more thing, when I read my results, it was saying that I was going to experience things, but these were things in which I had already experienced and understand.

Anyway, my answer to the riddle is "imagination", or "creative thought". I selected energy as my choice, which again... doesn't exactly convey the entirety of my answer. I could've just as easily selected "light" because it's equally relevant.

I'm probably over-critiquing this. It's just that the quiz is presented in a more serious fashion than most which leads me to be less forgiving of it's flaws.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Interesting quiz, interesting variables in the questions and graphics presented.

Apparently, I fall in the zone of: Everything you thought you knew seems like child’s play, and you are granted insight into the true nature of reality, with a store of 76. My answer for the riddle was "love".

Don't know what it means, if anything. I'd have guessed I'd fall in the "somewhat-aggressive-formerly-testosterone-infused-poet-warrior" category. ha! Of course, where we live, there really is no traffic. Two dogs in the road constitute traffic, and therefore the road rage question kinda had no meaning.

I didn't care for any of the graphics of the primary question -- picked the sorta amoeba-like bluish one as a favorite among those offered.

That was enjoyable, thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

No, I don't think you're over-criticising it, Kruel.
It certainly does feel incomplete.
And this way, critiquing (AND criticising) it, the authors can - and hopefully will - adjust and fine-tune whatever needs adjustment.

I just wanted people to know about it, because, its faults notwithstanding, I find it to have real value.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

The bluish-pink amoeba was my pick, too.

And "love".
(But I did have misgivings about that one, as I explained above.)

Only you can tell - or can you?
- whether it has real value.

I think it has.
(And if so... good for you!

I am glad.)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yes..... it has real value. The PRIMARY value... it's what separates me from abject beasthood
I could see many different variables that might fit the question nearly as well, but none better. Upon reading it, before I saw the choices, I guessed that the answer was "beauty".

Thank you
I'm a very lucky man. m'Bride and I married 20 years ago this September, and it's still fresh. She is de one.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wow. That was very good.

The quiz spoke some truths to me and has helped me out as I read the explanation.

I would have to say that the answer for the question was on the quiz itself, yet, I do believe there could be other applicable answers then just this one, because different people can find different truths in the same thing; but anyway, I believe that the answer is soul.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TechnoFan21

Glad you found it useful, Technofan.

BTW, I totally understand your choice of answer to the riddle.
But what do you make of the line that says "children play with it on the streets", or "the poor usually have more of it than the rich" etc.?

As I said in an earlier message, I've seen a longer version of this riddle - and that one is even more confusing.

I'll post it here if I find it.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join