It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was this creature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Any help would be appreciated. 1997 in northeastern Ohio. Late at night around midnight my friend drove me home and I got out of the car and started up the front walk to the door. The porch light was on and there was a thing that I thought was a bat just sorta hovering there. I moved a little closer even though I am a giant wimp and it started flapping its wings and then I swear it started screaming. Not screeching or chirping but screaming like a young women who was mad. I ran back to the car and told my friend to get the thing away from the door. He came up to the door since it still was there shrieking and it dive bombed him. My friend went to hit at it and pulled his hand away with a disgusted look and said it was sticky. We got in the car and left back for his house for the night and I slept there instead.

It was shiny black, oily looking. The body was sort of a square with a smaller square on top. No eyes or any facial features I could see. Wings about 2 to 2 1/2 in span. Wings looked like bat wings. It screamed. Yelled like a human. If it was a bat I just want to see a picture for myself. I've looked randomly throughout the years but could never find what we saw that night.

Please and thank you.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe it was an owl?
They can make strange noises. I can imagen it was defending a chick that was close by you.

Just my to cents

new topics

join