It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Making Christian Push

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I wasn't even claiming that Obama is the antichrist. In fact I don't believe he is. (The antichrist will be much more popular). My point is that some people believe he is because he exhibits the same kind of disingenuous behavior. He is as corrupt as the Clintons, but even more liberal and more charming, if that were possible.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

With all of the coverage its gotten there is no way McCain could think he's in good and set with the evangelic voters when the exact opposite is true. That is why I have been saying that McCain has to choose someone like Huckabee to shore them up...

... that is unless he thinks he can win without them, and if he thinks that he's senile and shouldn't be president anyway because really cornering them is just about his only real chance at winning.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Obsama can make all the push he wants this is one Christian he will never, ever have.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

That's fine, if you don't like him. But don't like him because of the real issues, not smear campaign issues.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Heck, most obamaphiles like him not because of his stance on the issues, but because of his personality. This is what makes Obama more like GW than McCain. Why shouldn't we attack Obama's personality when that is the primary reason people claim they like him. Obama's image is nothing but a media construct.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The only ones I hear saying that they don't care about the issues they just like Obama are people like you claiming that is how we democrats feel and that is far from the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Typically, I am Democratic...

However, I refuse to vote for Obama. I wouldn't vote for him if I had a gun to my head. He scares the chit out of me.

It is not surprising to me to see him push now for evangelicals that have always been with the Republicans. His campaign manager is not stupid and knows what he needs to do. Point is ... he will have to lie to get them.

As for the comments that we should dislike him for his policies and only his policies. I do not think so! I dislike him for the hate rhetoric he listened to for 20+ years. I dislike him for using the race card to try and make those of us who dislike him look racist. I dislike him for buddying up to Hamas and other terrorist regimes.

I do not need to ignore my feelings on those issues. And anyone that can turn a blind eye to those things needs serious help.

As for Obama being hailed as the Messiah... trying actually taking your head out of your behind and listen to what his more unbalanced supporters are saying. They are labeling him as the messiah. Kinda creepy in my opinion. As for him being the anti-christ... I do not think he is.. though I think if he were in power he would hand the US over to the anti-christ without a problem.

VV

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am not a huge fan of Obama myself but at the same time I am not about to either sit this one out or vote for John McCain.

My concerns about Obama is that first and foremost he seems to be in far too much of a hurry... What's wrong with waiting a few years learning how the Senate works and developing more experience?

As for experience however his lack of it really doesn't bother me all that much... no one, I mean no one is prepared for the job of president and it isn't like the president is emperor making decisions on his own.

bush minor certainly wasn't experienced.

In fact that is why I liked Bill Richardson... he has experience coming out of his ears and that's one of the reasons Obama would be wise to choose him as VP.

I liked Edwards but he had a lot of the same problems Obama has, what I liked about Edwards was that he was saying things about the disparity of wealth in this country that needs to be said.

Finally my biggest concern about Obama is his rhetorical style... it really is impressive and the last thing this country needs as we sink into the new great depression is a demagogue.

I will say this though, while I am as I said not a huge fan of his, I do defend him... not because I am a devotee but because he has the right to be heard and he has earned the right for this shot at the White House and the smear campaigns against him, especially here on ATSNN border on the obscene.

In this election of all elections the issues are what needs to be discussed not his race or middle name or any of that other bull crap.

Still I plan to vote for him but I cannot help but ask...

.... John McCain and Barack Obama... out of a nation of 330 million, is this the best we can do?

[edit on 22-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Obama is no christian

That part of your statement is true.
Black Liberation theology is NOT Christianity.
It claims to be. But it isn't.
Read Cones book. YIKES.

Originally posted by niteboy82
we'll be left with one of two morons running this country.

Exactly.

Originally posted by grover
No one considers Obama a messiah, political or otherwise.

YOU don't. But MANY do. I've heard it all over the internet and on the streets IRL. 'Obama doesn't lie'. 'Obama will heal the world.' 'Obama is our last hope.' etc etc Obama himself continually uses self-reverent, self-referent, narcissistic, messianic comments to fuel the Obamessiah image.

YOU dont' think of him that way, Grover, but MANY do. And Obama likes it that way.

Originally posted by neformore
If you don't support Obama, you aren't racist.
If you try and perpetuate the myth that people think that way...

It's no myth. IRL and on the boards .... everyone gets that 'you must be a racist' slammed in their face if they say they don't want Obama for POTUS.

It's NO MYTH.

Originally posted by poet1b
Obama becomes more and more like GW every day.

AGREED! CFR. Bilderberger connections. The constant self-reverent, self-referent, narcissistic, messianic comments. The corruption all around him. Picking corrupt people for key positions. etc etc. I FULLY AGREE poet1b.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I see no reason he shouldn't appeal to Christian voters.

- Abortion.
- Partial Birth Abortion.
- Infanticide (failure to protect children born alive through abortion)

Those are three reasons why he won't appeal to conservative Christian voters.

Edited ONE MINUTE LATER to add -

Originally posted by grover
I.... John McCain and Barack Obama... out of a nation of 330 million, is this the best we can do?

No. Ron Paul is better.

[edit on 6/22/2008 by FlyersFan]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join