It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews Deserved It? Twisted karma

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
this theory doesnt just apply to karma, it is also rooted in catholic thought through the idea of original sin or 'the sins of the fathers'. this idea states that all humankind deserves to suffer due to adam's betrayal of god in the garden of eden.

its all nonsense. nobody deserves to be punished for anything beyond their control.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Scat....
Why your waiting to hear from those "karma followers", you could always do a bit of looking into karma yourself and if it is indeed "twisted".

because i like to discuss things from individual points of view rather than discussing to a page of text........they dont talk well

plus, isnt the whole point of ats to find something interesting and discuss it rather than just doing research and that the end of it?

id unno but i was curious to find someone

[Edited on 3-5-04 by Scat]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bolshevik
this theory doesnt just apply to karma, it is also rooted in catholic thought through the idea of original sin or 'the sins of the fathers'. this idea states that all humankind deserves to suffer due to adam's betrayal of god in the garden of eden.

until you get baptised, then youre perfect.

whats the point of that? they shove you ina pool as a baby and usddenly youre cool with god? i dunno, ive never been skid free for my sins after jumping ito a pool, no matter how many times i blessed it.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You have an open mind right? Please don't take this wrong, but you base your opinions and beliefs off what others say?

Yes, pages don't speak, as of yet, but they give an understanding of something that may not be relayed by hearing anothers opinion, and vice versa.

You may eventually do as you please, but the information is there ifin' you take the initiative to look at it and try to understand what you can....I believe, IMHO, that doing so will lend to a better understanding of what you seek...then again, of coarse, unless you have an agenda. You don't have an "agenda" do you?

Knowledge is power, and that knowledge is not always fully attained by hearing it from anothers biased opinions, beliefs, etc.....correct?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If you think Karma is bad, it looks as if the Wiccans get it three times as bad ...

The Law of Return
Also known as the "Threefold Law" or the "Rule of Three"

There are many variations of the phrasing of the Threefold Law, but it generally goes something like:

Ever Mind The Rule Of Three
Three Times Your Acts Return To Thee
This Lesson Well, Thou Must Learn
Thou Only Gets What Thee Dost Earn

When you take a resource, even with good intentions, there will be repercussions. The petty cash box will soon be empty if one doesn't occasionally put money into it as well as take it out. Actions need to be balanced, or else things can get quite out of control to a degree many times over that of the original issue.

In other words, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Other phrasings emphasize completely separate issues, which author Phyllis Curott has recently taken to calling the Boomerang Whammy Rule:2

Mind the Threefold Law you should,
Three times bad and three times good.

wicca.timerift.net...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i have looked at it!

and i realize that i havent been basing my opinions off of others, because my viewof what karma is seems to be alot different!

no foul play here
just trying to get an opinin, andi sure did get one!

ive learned than many people would say...KARMA CAN KISS MY ASH

but none that say karma rules!

i find this comical, because most people around here are the other way around

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eireann

just wondering, why is it 3?

is this number significant at all?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat

Originally posted by Eireann

just wondering, why is it 3?

is this number significant at all?

No idea
- I just found it when I was looking for stuff about Wicca.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
crazed stuff. but 3's have alot of importance elsewhere that i know of.
to me and my theories, when two people have a reltionship (lovers, friends, enemies, anything) there are actually 3 bodies. theres me, theres you, then theres us. if all 3 are not engaged then the relationship will fail

ive also got this huge thing with the 3 muses and im writing awhole story about this trio and blah

but also- 3's and 7's are usually the only numbers you will find fairy tale creatures in!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
According to popular western bias, we are born with " Sin " and this has passed as a " norm " of society.

Bhuddist Karmic Law adds a bit more fruitfull insight,

www.ncf.carleton.ca...

The Law of Karma
In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.' A skillful event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions; an unskillful event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things. (Events are not skillful in themselves, but are so called only in virtue of the mental events that occur with them.)
Therefore, the law of Karma teaches that responsibility for unskillful actions is born by the person who commits them.

Karma seems though to be a mechanism of control intwined in fantasy and lore sounding more viable to its followers.

Deep

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
karmas pretty brutal!

any dead on karma follwers out there that would like to shed some light and follow up?

[Edited on 3-5-04 by Scat]
Karma is more like an subjective idea about reality, much like other religions on "how to live your life." Karma is not a good excuse to "allow" someone to do something to somebody else. It is for the individual to watch their own actions, thoughts, words, etc., with the understanding of the "what goes around, comes around" theory.

<< 1   >>

join