It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jews Deserved It? Twisted karma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ive always seen karma as a peaceful thing, justice, even. but an article i read made me realize that the fundamentals of karma are not as peacful as i once thought......

"The injustices of the world, the seeming random distribution of good and evil, are only apparent. In reality, everybody is getting what he or she deserves. Even the child brutalized by drugged adults deserves the horror. The mentally ill, the retarded, the homosexuals, and the millions of Jews killed by the Nazis deserved it for evil they must have done in the past. "

so does this mean, no innocent victims?
ive always believed in the teachings of karma, but never thought of it in a sense of "innocent victims" not being innocent at all.

James Van Praagh seems to take karma to the extreme, in which no killing is done out of free will. It is done as punishment, as if we're all puppets acting out a play for karma.

"Van Praagh makes it clear that he thinks it is karma, not free will, that leads people to kill one another. If Van Praagh is right, we may as well dismantle our ethical and criminal justice systems. Everybody is just playing out his or her karma. Nobody is really good or evil. Nobody is really responsible for anything they do. We're all just karmic pawns doing a dance with destiny. "

I've always been intriuged by karma, but this new insight shows that not everything is as perfect as some make it sound.

karmas pretty brutal!

any dead on karma follwers out there that would like to shed some light and follow up?

[Edited on 3-5-04 by Scat]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Even the child brutalized by drugged adults deserves the horror. The mentally ill, the retarded, the homosexuals, and the millions of Jews killed by the Nazis deserved it for evil they must have done in the past. "

In a word........... BULL#

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
"The injustices of the world, the seeming random distribution of good and evil, are only apparent. In reality, everybody is getting what he or she deserves. Even the child brutalized by drugged adults deserves the horror. The mentally ill, the retarded, the homosexuals, and the millions of Jews killed by the Nazis deserved it for evil they must have done in the past. "

What crime must you perform to warrant having your whole race almost exterminated? Karma is over publicized bull # for people who dont want to accept that bad things happen to good people.

Best example of this. The poor cambodians. Seeing as they are mostly buddhist a majority of them believe what happened to them under the Khmer Rogue was the result of bad karma.

If we like to pick on christianity I dont see why we overlook a religion where 6millions jews and 3 millions Cambodians can be written off by an unknown factor in some spiritual equation..
Bull#.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I believe that this threads Karma will be done as soon as a mod sees it.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

In a word........... BULL#

damn you beat me to it this time.

But he still is right.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I believe that this threads Karma will be done as soon as a mod sees it.

Not if the title becomes, "Quit Picking on Christianity, Karma is Worse"

as my thread shows, it really is.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
yeah that kinda blew me away too.

i guess this is because i believe in karma, but not necessarily reincarnation.

you start with a fresh slate.

so would this be an adaptaion on the original principles of karma, or a more sympathetic view of the victims of it?

dont attack me jeez! haha, i was posting this out of curiosity, any dead on karma believers out there?

i see this as twisted

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

so would this be an adaptaion on the original principles of karma, or a more sympathetic view of the victims of it?

Karma is bull# because it punishes the innocent.

But reincarnation and the clean slate theory arent.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Karma is bull# because it punishes the innocent.

But reincarnation and the clean slate theory arent.

DOES karma punish the innocent?

if you believe in reincarnation, then there are no innocent victims.

if you dont (like me) then this view of karma is pretty twisted. i always saw it as an individual for of the golden rule, not something that can be brutally applied to an entire country or race of people with one swing.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
another site on karma says
"Let's take an example of a sequence of events. An unpleasant sensation occurs. A thought arises that the source of the unpleasantness was a person. (This thought is a delusion; any decisions based upon it will therefore be unskillful.) A thought arises that some past sensations of unpleasantness issued from this same person. (This thought is a further delusion.) This is followed by a willful decision to speak words that will produce an unpleasant sensation in that which is perceived as a person. (This decision is an act of hostility. Of all the events described so far, only this is called a karma.) Words are carefully chosen in the hopes that when heard they will cause pain. The words are pronounced aloud. (This is the execution of the decision to be hostile. It may also be classed as a kind of karma, although technically it is an after-karma.) There is a visual sensation of a furrowed brow and downturned mouth. The thought arises that the other person's face is frowning. The thought arises that the other person's feelings were hurt. There is a fleeting joyful feeling of success in knowing that one has scored a damaging verbal blow. Eventually (perhaps much later) there is an unpleasant sensation of regret, perhaps taking the form of a sensation of fear that the perceived enemy may retaliate, or perhaps taking the form of remorse on having acted impetuously, like an immature child, and hping that no one will remember this childish action. (This regret or fear is the unpleasant ripening of the karma, the unskillful decision to inflict pain through words.) "

this is a roundabout, drawn out way of saying that you told someone to piss off and you get punished for it.

heres my theory on karma-
you do something intentionally hurtful, you feel bad about it. living with guilt is your punishment. however, if you do something intentionally hurtful and feel nothing for the other persons pain, they fully have the right to slap you across the face and call you a bitch.

this does not coincide with not being sorry for speaking your mind and unintentionally hurting people. this is for intentional acts of evil. because you are not being evil when you subconciously hurt someone.

however it seems that many of the sites im reading on karma say this is not so.

seems as if karma was more extreme than i thought!

karma link to the drawn out explanation of why you deserve a bitch slap

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Quote by Scat: i always saw it as an individual for of the golden rule, not something that can be brutally applied to an entire country or race of people with one swing.

Did you notice the thread you posted?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Quote by Scat: i always saw it as an individual for of the golden rule, not something that can be brutally applied to an entire country or race of people with one swing.

Did you notice the thread you posted?

i posted a thread? wtf?!?!?!?!

dude, lookat the tite, its a question "the jews deserved it?"

the whole post was made out of shock and curiosity. inever thought karma was this hostile of a belief.

the point of the thread was to find people who are dead on karma followers and see what they think. sorry if that wasnt clear. i added somethinginto my intro to help this along.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Standard definition of karma goes something like this:

"The law of moral cause and effect; also a person's moral merit/demerit according to one's actions and (moreso) the inner intentions or motives which accompany them in terms of their conformity/non-conformity with dharma. One's karma is said to entail one's rebirth in order for that karma to be realized or fulfilled, and to determine the circumstances of that subsequent life. Attainment of moksha is thought to eliminate the production of karma (in the second sense) altogether, and to bring to an end the cycle of rebirth (samsara)."

My understanding is that karma is somehow connected to how one lives life. That karma equates simply to "actions".

Hinduism dictates that we are all an individual soul, called Atman. Actions are played out in cycles, called Samsara. All this leading to the idea and belief of reincarnation. The final experience of Human existence; in which a/the Human attains True Wisdom, is the desire to be absorbed in to the Supreme Spirit of the Brahman (Brahminism).

"Brahman"
en.wikipedia.org...

"Glossary of Hindu Terms"
www.digiserve.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't understand the true meaning of this post but I will say this about Karma.

Personally, I don't believe Karma exists simply due to the fact that bad things always happen to good people.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I don't understand the true meaning of this post but I will say this about Karma.

Personally, I don't believe Karma exists simply due to the fact that bad things always happen to good people.

the true meaning is that im looking for some karma follwers to explain the seemingly brutal sense of karma.

i said this like 20 times.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
And I'm just giving my opinion of Karma without being slammed.

link   

so does this mean, no innocent victims?

Noone re innocent, bt still. noone are naturally guily. If you were a witness to a crime, but you were too distant to see anyone@s faces, would you judge a type of man for the crime you saw? For that is what you are doing all the time.

Blessings,
Marius

link   
I don't know about karma, but there is a saying, "what goes around, comes around." If some guy cuts me off at an intersection, I'm sure, eventually, he'll do it once too often and a semi will turn his car into scrap. If that's karma, I'm a beleiver.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
And I'm just giving my opinion of Karma without being slammed.

GOOD!

bad things do happen to good people, but bad things happen to bad people too, people seem to overlook that.

the truth is- bad things happen, good things happen. to everyone. good or bad or grayscaled.

this also varies depending on your views of something good or something bad. to one person, their house burning down is very very very bad. to me, this would be wonderfull!

intrepid- nice!

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Scat....
Why your waiting to hear from those "karma followers", you could always do a bit of looking into karma yourself and if it is indeed "twisted".

Here's some information on Hinduism and Karma:

"The Hindu 'Karma'"
www.saranam.com...

"Karma and Destiny"
www.indiaoz.com.au...

"Concepts of Hinduism: Karma"
hinduwebsite.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Seekerof]

top topics

<<   2 >>