It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to Warn 7,000 Businesses They're High Risk for Chemical Terror Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Feds to Warn 7,000 Businesses They're High Risk for Chemical Terror Attacks

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON — The federal government will tell 7,000 businesses next week that they are considered high risk-terrorist targets because they house large amounts of chemicals.

The sites — which range from major chemical plants to universities, food processing centers and hospitals — will need to complete a vulnerability assessment so the government can decide how to regulate their security measures in the future.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let the fear mongering begin. This usually comes out the same time before every election and naturally the sheeple will buy into it. I wonder if Bush will let something happen this time just to get McCain elected.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Brought to you by the prophets at FOX!

KEYWORDS:
terrorist
Al Qaeda
chemical attack

U.S. intelligence officials say terrorist organizations, including Al Qaeda, favor chemical attack methods because of the severe consequences they can inflict.

Really, that explains all the Al Qaeda chemical attacks we have been seeing on Fox news (oops).

Why wait until next week to warn them? The fact that it's in the news should say something regarding their ability to make the assertion authoritatively, no? Shouldn't they be on the phone, emailing, telegraphing, or sending smoke signals as we speak? - It's a real threat - next week. What are they scheduling it?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
I wonder if Bush will let something happen this time just to get McCain elected.

If he lets anything happen it will be big enough to suspend the elections...

Altho I don't know what can be so big to suspend them... really... We even had elections during the civil war, and they everything else.. He might nuke a city... but he wont give leadership to someone else.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is not fear mongering...basically every government facility that operates with sensitive chemicals are always on high alert. This is merely a reminder to the public...not so much for the individuals in the field.

apc

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hey yous knows there some pretty mean guys walkin' dem streets. I hear theys gots dem chemical weapons and theys lookin' at yous. It might be wise to get some protection, you know what I'm sayin'? And it just so happens we've gots protection for sale. It'd be a shame if somethin' was to happen to your business 'ere, kapeesh?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
This is not fear mongering...basically every government facility that operates with sensitive chemicals are always on high alert. This is merely a reminder to the public...not so much for the individuals in the field.

Yeah and these alerts always happen on election years and during the election season just to give people a reminder vote republican we will protect you....pffft

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
First off, it's an AP story.

Second, what dumbasses, almost seven years after 9/11, didn't already know this? Wow, the DHS works fast! *rolls eyes.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So, supposedly the July 4th weekend is the new "terror attack" date...

I doubt it. I don't think anything will happen until long after the next election - something big will happen all of a sudden. Things have to look like they're getting better first.

When you least expect it...

[edit on 20-6-2008 by JediK]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

A reminder to the public for what? To be very afraid? To vote repulbican like someone else said? To notice how slow the DHS is? Sometimes I wonder what AP does on a really slow news day.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

This is a reminder, in the sense that our facilities remain under constant state of threat. And considering what lengths these terrorists will go to, it makes sense to give the public an insight. I don't see how this is fear mongering. This is factual information, take it or leave it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here is a reminder. Does anyone know what mixture caused this. www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You know...my point is I may be stupid to ASSUME that the feds never STOP doing this. Does that help?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Was is aluminum perchlorate?

Why did they mat out the surface of the water? Is this suspected terrorism?

new topics

top topics

join