It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter From My CongressWoman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was bored one day and happened to come across my Congress Womans website so I sent her a email saying how I was for impeachment...blah blah blah. Really didn't expect to get a response but Heh here it is.

She cites a few different House Resoultions.

June 18, 2008

(address removed)
Rohnert Park, California

Dear Mr. (removed):
Thank you for contacting me in support of impeaching President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard Cheney, and/or members of the Bush Administration for misleading the United States into war and for the many egregious mistruths and mistakes that have occurred since. I share your concerns on this extremely important matter. As you may know, the Downing Street Memo revealed that President Bush planned to invade Iraq long before Congress authorized the action - which I voted against. Since then, more than 4,000 American men and women in uniform have given their lives for this misguided and illegitimate occupation. I agree with you that we must explore the facts behind these Bush deceptions. That's why I'm a cosponsor of H.Res. 1258, Rep. Dennis Kucinich's (D-OH) legislation to impeach President Bush for purposefully manipulating intelligence regarding Iraqi weapons of mass destruction and the relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda. I'm also a cosponsor of H. Res. 333 legislation to impeach Vice President Cheney. Please know I believe the first step of any investigation must begin in the House Judiciary Committee, led by Chairman John Conyers (D-MI), which is why I voted to send both of these pieces of legislation to his committee. Additionally, I'm a cosponsor of H. Res. 626, legislation that would censure President Bush, Vice President Cheney, and other senior Administration officials for launching the illegal National Security Administration (NSA) warrantless wiretapping, instituting extreme policies on torture, refusing to submit to congressional oversight on the politically-motivated firings of U.S. attorneys, and excessive abuses of power. Furthermore, I'm a cosponsor of H. Res. 625, legislation censuring the President and Vice President for their role in falsely stating the case for invading Iraq, failing to plan for the inevitable humanitarian catastrophe in Iraq, and for overstretching our military as a result of prolonged deployments. These important bills have also been referred to the House Judiciary Committee. Please be assured that I will continue to fight in Congress to ensure that our elected leaders are held accountable for their actions. Again, it's good to hear from you. The people of Marin and Sonoma counties are the most important voices I listen to as I serve in Congress. Sincerely, Lynn WoolseyMember of Congress

*Shrugs* Can't say I haven't done anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I've written to my congressman about impeachment as well. I lived in Sonoma Co. for many years and Ms. Woolsey is tops in my book.
An interesting point is that I read just yesterday that Kucinich only had one sponsor, it was a man - yet it's saying here that she is a co-sponsor. What's going on with the news? Do they not want us to believe that it's a popular issue?

join