It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City Blackout of 1977 cause by an inventor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was hearing some rumors that there was an inventor who caused the blackout of newyork vity in 1977, he was investigating Elctromagnetism, and when the FBI found out they closed him down and buried all of his work. I had also heard that some of the stuff he was investigating is the basis of Quantum Physics. I think his name might have been Tessel, or something like that, if anyone could verify this or explain more that would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by koduck

This link may head you in the right direction.

ATS search on ... Tesla

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It was caused by a squirrel and unplanned for cascades of automated systems.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

According to wikipedia, Tesla died on January 7, 1943 (aged 86).

Also, Tesla caused the blackout in Colorado Springs, not New York.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well i might be causing a furore about nothing here but a couple of thoughts of just popped into my clutterd head.
Now this is VERY speculative and i by no means have any proof, it is just something that i thought by reading the thread so far.

What if Tesla didn't die in 1943?
What if he went 'off the radar' to continue his experiments and that this black out was the result of someone continuing the research he started.
Perhaps someone who studied alongside Tesla or became a student of his.

Another idea (now this is the really far fetched one) what if one of Tesla's experiments allowed him to still be alive in 1977?
A stasis field pehaps that allowed him to stay in stasis until at later time when his research could be done in peace, or maybe some unforseen side effect of one of his experiments that allowed him to travel to 1977 or maybe the effect itself apeared in 1977 even though the experiment was forty years earlier.

Like i said these are just a few thoughts that the thread inspired my ole noggin and i deffinately have no proof and it is only speculation.
Be cool if it was true though lol.

[edit on 20/6/2008 by smokey101]

top topics

join