It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A Versus Russia in an all out War?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If you want to think back in history in the 70s and 80s then it was the Soviet Union.They had over 20,000 nuclear warheads.I wonder who would have won that one???

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Arc Angel

Russia dont give one wooden nickel about America NOT to use nuclear in the first place.If this Iran airstrikes go ahead and other cra* hits the fan.Stick around long enough,cause the worst case scenario you just might get yourself a nuclear war with Russia.More than proof out there this could happen.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arc Angel

Originally posted by Rook1545

Simple, if they are not producing, you don't count them. It is more like saying you can't count the food over there because it isn't made yet. You brought up oil production, the link you gave says that is oil that COULD be produced, so it is not in production, there fore CANNOT be counted.

But you just said go on reserves. That can be counted as reserves, and unconvential production. (Like the article said).

Only reason we haven't truly tapped them yet is because the US is smart and likes to waste other country's resources before we waste ours.

Well you can count them if you want, even if no one else does. They are also useless. Here is what is said about those shale deposits:

The United States has the largest known deposits of oil shale in the world, according to the Bureau of Land Management and holds an estimated 2,500 gigabarrels of potentially recoverable oil, enough to meet U.S. demand for oil at current rates for 110 years. However, oil shale does not actually contain oil, but a waxy oil precursor known as kerogen. For this reason and because there is not yet any significant commercial production of oil from oil shale in the United States as of 2008, its oil shale reserves do not meet the petroleum industry definition of proven oil reserves.

I think your source might be jerking you around a bit.

I don't think you would ever see a straight up US vs Russia war in any event. It would be a war that truly was a world war. I don't even want to guess at the sides. The end would be predictable, but we got there wouldn't be.

Call the US smart for using other resources all you want...I call it a leech.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

So you got 250,000 Marines pushing West; 250,000 pushing East;

Anyone who disagrees is wrong?

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but your little theory here about 500,000 Marines hitting Russia from 2 sides would be a little difficult considering there are only 230,000 current Marines. Thats TOTAL marines, not combat ready or trained Marines.

Do you know of an extra 270,000 combat ready Marines sitting around somewhere that no one else knows about? If not, YOU ARE WRONG.

It really helps if you do some research before making a post and ending it with "if you disagree, you are wrong".

[edit on 18-6-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

If it meant us firing back 200x what they're firing at us I'd think they'd care. And the 70's and 80's thing did happen, with the nuclear arsenals going toe to toe. Except no one ever used the damn things, so we just kept on high alert until the USSR broke down.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
reply to post by Rook1545

Its not just how cold it could get but you wouldnt have a ozone,no sunlight,and along with high amount of radiation in the air and soil,your dead still.Oh yeah Canada dude im sure since you guys hold the radar installions up there im sure russia has canadian cities on the list as well.

Oh I know there are some on the list. I used to live in one that was #1 on the list for Canada. The largest Air Weapons range in North America, got to see lots of really cool planes. I am sure we have US missiles pointed at us too since we are so close to Russia and they would probably come through us to get to you. Either way we are boned.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I never specified when this war was suppose to take place. That was a theorical senario of an all out war. I'm pretty sure that if went back to the draft we'd have no problem getting 500,000 combat ready Marines. My scenario was based off of 2 D-Day landing type invasions from Russia on each side. (Even though on D-Day we only landed 175,000)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Make believe war is ok to talk about.But even any conventional war with Russia would always most likely lead to a nuclear war.They are pitbulls and don't care bout even their own.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I never specified when this war was suppose to take place. That was a theorical senario of an all out war. I'm pretty sure that if went back to the draft we'd have no problem getting 500,000 combat ready Marines. My scenario was based off of 2 D-Day landing type invasions from Russia on each side. (Even though on D-Day we only landed 175,000)

There is no way you would ever get 250,000 troops anywhere near the east side of Russia. The Chinese would never let you. You can think what you want, but they would destroy every attempt you made to get there.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You do know the draft is unconstitutional right?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

There is no way you would ever get 250,000 troops anywhere near the east side of Russia. The Chinese would never let you. You can think what you want, but they would destroy every attempt you made to get there.

How? They have no Navy.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

You know that it's because of the draft we won WW2, right?
(More draft dodgers in WW2 then in Vietnam)

You can't politely ask a nation of people who are used to partying all the time to go out and die for Freedom and expect them to go. You have to put a foot in their ass.

link   

You know that it's because of the draft we won WW2, right?
(More draft dodgers in WW2 then in Vietnam)

You can't politely ask a nation of people who are used to partying all the time to go out and die for Freedom and expect them to go. You have to put a foot in their ass.

link   

They don't need a navy, they just have to wait on dry land for you to come ashore. Any planes trying drops would be taken out. The logistics of even trying to do that would be ridiculous.

PS You didn't win WW2, the Russians did.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Rook1545]

link   
Why would u want to send troops on a ground war when you never even did airstrikes first?You dont do both at once.First thing u take out communications and airfields before they try to even get off the ground.Then military installion,intelligence,and muntions depots.The list goes on.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Now he got me sucked into it.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

It would help if you actually researched your claims

Are you ever right about anything?

I can use wikipedia too.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a look at the # of Aircraft carriers China has. Compare them to the US. Take a look at the # of Destroyers, Cruisers, etc. and compare them to the # we have. I rest my case.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Given your willingness to disregard the Constitution, how about we simply put a foot in your ass by removing your Constitutionally protected rights?

After all, given the number of times you have already been proven wrong, you really don't need your 1st Amendment rights do you?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

How? They have no Navy.

Your words, not mine.

You didn't say they didn't have any carriers, you said they had no Navy. You were proven wrong.

I rest my case.

Does being humiliated over and over hurt?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join