It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters cameraman killed by Israeli tank (Graphic)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
So.... lets see who was there first ? yup, jews before Muslims, that makes it Jewish land.

Alas.

"If the white man wants to live in peace with the Indian, he can live in peace. Treat all men alike. Give them all the same law. Give them all an even chance to live and grow. All men were made by the same Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers. The Earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it. Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade. Where I choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to think and talk and act for myself, and I will obey every law, or submit to the penalty."

-Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Let it go.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

what a load of utter zionist poop. land is land. it belongs to whoever lives on it. i cant walk into my childhood home kick open the door and tell the people who live there now "get out GOD GAVE ME THIS HOUSE!" and start shooting them if they dont comply. yeah one time i lived there but i moved. its their house now.

God did not give it to jews. you know who was there before the jews? the philistiens. and the cannanites. and what happend to them? the jews murdered them all. now the real jews may have done that but that was many years ago and most of the real jews are gone now. these zionists arnt really even JEWS. they are ashkenazi's decended from the area around poland and lithuania. they have as much claim to judea as i do to antartica.

im sick of these self righteous a-hole zionists that think they are gods gift to the earth. and that they can do whatever they want to everyone else because they are "special". just like a spoiled brat kid whos mom tells them they are special. guess what? THEY ARNT! they are like everyone else.

zionists breath the same air as the rest of us. this planet isnt theirs. learn to live with the rest of us peacefully. treat other people like you want to be treated. get rid of the asinine self righteousness. because your military might cant protect you from the whole world. and if you keep your arrogant crap up you will end up having to fight the whole world.

zionists are not special. you are not gods chosen people. most arnt even real jews. and if they didnt have the US wrapped around their middle finger the illegal zionist state of israel would have been wiped off the face of this earth a good many years ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The Israelis still fought for their land and now currently occupy it.

I still don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

I think the antisemitism needs to stop here and now. This is a warzone they're in, people are going to die, innocent or not.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

um...they fought for their land illegally using illegal weapons illegally smuggled into palestine.

they didnt just hammer together bf-109's out of palm fronds and aluminum cans. they were illegally smuggled in from chezkloslovokia.
en.wikipedia.org...

thats like saying if i stole a car, once i have stolen it i have a right to it because i stole it. that makes no sense.

so they stole the land and now occupy it illegally. it wouldnt be a big deal if they treated the palestinians like human beings, but they cant even do that. the IDF are war criminals! using tank rounds on journalists and children on bikes. absolutely disgusting! i doubt even the Wehrmacht would do such a thing.

and whos being antisemetic?
do you know the diffrence between a zionist and a jew?
plenty of jews are against zionism.
if you dont know the diffrence you probably shouldnt be posting on this topic.

im proud to be antizionistic. zionism is a disease on the face of the earth and needs to be wiped out.

jews are just fine by me. i like humus too...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I can't believe you just compared warfare to stealing a car...

Nice try comparing everyday life to war though, a lot of people do it, it saddens me because it does those who died in war a disservice.

Illegal? In who's eyes? NATO's? The UN? So they had an option, they could have been overcome and slaughtered by the muslim nations surrounding them, OR they could have smuggled weapons to which they could have fought with.

A lot of their weapons were also manufactured indigenously. Israelis have always been great at making weapons, the Merkava 4 for example, is one of my favorite MBTs globally, can even act as a battlefield ambulance if you rig it correctly.

It's not about that anymore though. The fact of the matter is they are in a WARZONE, they are FIGHTING, people are DIEING. BOTH sides are committing atrocities just as the US commits atrocities, just as any other nation has committed atrocities during war.

Curtis Le May said, after the brutal victory over Japan in WWII, that had the US lost the war, they would have all been tried as war criminals. He was referring to the fire bombing they did in Japan. THAT was brutal and unnecessary, but it helped win the war.

History is written by the victors. Israel is a state today because they won.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 19-6-2008 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

everyday life over there is war. what on earth are you talking about? doing people who died in war a diservice? those who fight in wars fight so that others will not have to die, and anyone who has died in this conflict has been done a diservice because the innocents are still being slaughtered. all of this stems from an illegal action that never needed to happen.

this may come as a suprise to you but jews lived in palestine since roman times. they lived peacefully among the muslims. they were not in fear of instant death. muslims are not all crazed vampires lusting after jewish blood. they are people like you and me.

things started changing when the zionist movement started moving people back there in the early 1900's. the zionist were hatefull to the palestinians who had lived there, and the jews who had been living there for a long time. they instigated strife between the two groups and caused problems escalting the situation and causeing violence.

the zionist co-ordinated their movements with the british withdrawl. (the british were also in palestine illegally) and using illegal weapons started an illegal war. when you steal something that belongs to someone else for your own gain that is illegal. NATO and the UN has nothing to do with it. it is a law of humanity.

you are right about history being written by the victors.
but most of the time the victors are the most ruthless and savage.
that dosnt make it right.
if the nazis had won the war would they have been right because they won?

no.
might dosnt make right.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To the reply to my post earlier... RPG's affective range can vary 200M to 800M, depending on make, skill of the user, etc. Ever shot one?

In war you want to kill the enemy before he can kill you. Accidents can happen because of this.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Except that they really cant argue the rpg defense with a straight face. The camera crew had been there shooting for awhile and the tank crew knew they were cameramen. Unless all 4 tank crews are blind and the uav controllers too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join