It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Obama Using Trinity Church as a Cover?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Was Obama using the Trinity Church as a cover for his true religious beliefs? Did he really attend that often and listen to all that bs his pastor was passing out or did he get caught with his pants down and not have a clue what was really going on in that church? or did he really attend regular and are those the morals that are instilled in him and his family? reason i ask he was sure fast to dump the church once the heat was turned on a little.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Obama is a typical & consumate politician.... and as such use everything within their reach and scope of life for enriching their station/ preceived life profile to the public.

the church affiliation was/is no exception

Obama and other full fledged politicians are concerned with hubris and public opinion, first and foremost
i'm sure i said this before,

but thanks for devoting a thread to the idea.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm just gonna take a wild guess here, and say that you're one of the folks who think that Mr. Obama is a closet Muslim?

If so, I ask, why does it matter? Muslim. Atheist. Catholic. Buddhist. Hindu. Wiccan. Animist. The only thing that matters is "Can The Man Do The Job He Wants Us To Give Him Come November?" Personally, I don't think he can. But it ain't because of what name of god he uses.

If this is the only thing y'all can come up with. It's gonna be a loooonnnng summer.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
no i am not saying he is a muslim, i am just questioning his morals and his background. if he is to be president can he be trusted to stay the course under heavy pressure, if the world comes down on him for a decision he makes as president will he stand fast, or will he abandon ship and give in. if he was a member for over 20 years he must have had roots tied to the church, and if he was not running for office would he still be a member? its funny how this whole time the church was ok for him to attend and now he is running for pres. someone says its not politically correct he just drops it like a bad habbit.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

OK. My bad. My apologies to you for jumping to conclusions.

No, I believe he knew of them. But like many people, he could ignore what he didn't like, until it reared up to bite him over the past few months. It doesn't mean he condones or supports the words, it merely means he was able to ignore them. As I said, he's hardly unique in that particular ability...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
to me i would have more respect if he came out and said" I have been a member for 20 years and this is what i believe in and have taught my children to believe and i stand by my beliefs no matter what you think" 1God 2core 3country but thats just me. Its just hard for me to understand thats all i guess i am saying. If someone said my pastor of 30 years where i attend was wrong then well i would not even listen to a word you had to say, its just hard to believe he felt with his heart this was the gospel for years and then people from the press not religious leaders made him change his mind over a 2 week period.

new topics

top topics

join