It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phreakers Jammed Call Centers on 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Has anyone here been paying much attention to the Sept. 11 Calls?

wcbstv.com...

I have been going through the audio tapes of Fire Manhattan ch 03 for example, this is very interesting and i suggest you guys check them out if you haven't.

The Fire Manhattan ch 03 audio tape:
llnw.static.cbslocal.com...

I tried to google some info on this matter but no luck so far which is why i bring it to ATS.

It seems strange but perhaps there is a rational explanation. If you listen to the last 5 mins or so you will hear what I am suggesting in above topic. It sounds like a repeated message being played over and over like one of those flash soundboard prank calls that are so common these days that use the fake voices of celebrities, but in this case its Fire Department 408. I really am not sure what to make of this tape! There is much more to this in the other tapes too i am fairly sure.

Well I can't make out exactly what they are saying but it sounds like the recording of some fire incident from "fire department 408" and they have put a soundboard together to keep the person on the other side busy? At one point it becomes very obvious as it keeps repeating something about the red cross over and over and over just like a sample... because it is a sample!

There are numerous phone calls and they all start with this "fire department 408" then it asks the same questions with a bunch of common replies like "we're on our way" and "just stay where you are" which is what someone might say in any fire incident.

If you listen closely there is a sinister message in here too something like "call the hospital, your going to need it" type message mixed in with the "red cross" message. Its very odd indeed.

Unfortunately these audios are very difficult to listen to, its like having someone on the other end of the telephone line press a button each time you ask a question, I have Sound Forge and was able to automatically remove all the beeps with 'autotrim' function, and can make them available if anyone wants them.

But just check out Fire Manhattan ch 03.mp3 on the above link, listen to the last 5 minutes and tell me what you guys think of this.

Please consider flagging this thread I would really like people to hear this and get their thoughts on this or offer any further insight, Thanks.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Insolubrious]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
i cant listen to the files just now its 4 30 in the am and my wifes asleep and i have no headfones combine that with the fact i have bad hearing and its a crappy mix. but what i can add to the discussion is that i was a active fone phreak through most of the 90s. me and a friend spent mostly everyday working on new box designs and working on our social engeniring techniques. now what your proposing would require more then one phreak to do but otherwise it wouldent be all the difficult especialy givin that with a proper sound board program and a sufficient mic hookup is available. the hardest part realy would be doing it with out getting caught and assuming your using multiple phreaks with similar equipment in variouse areas doing so through beigh boxing a line or using a telephone system for a company or other large enterprise that had a usible out going call system you could do it from literaly all over the country easily simultainously with a highly reduced risk of being tracked. plus you can allways opdivert the hell out of the line your using to buy a lil extra time.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It sounds to me like they are censoring the data with Beeps in place of the incoming call side of the conversation.

Fire department 408 is clearly the recipient of the call identifying themself to the caller.

Nothing to see here, move along!

[SNIP]

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary Insult.
Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
My thoughts on the date aside: That does sound like a sample over and over again. (The red cross one is even repeated like it was being clicked repeatedly; "call the red cross and see if they-you-can uh, call the, call the red cross and, call the"

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
It sounds to me like they are censoring the data with Beeps in place of the incoming call side of the conversation.

That's not what I heard. Get to the end of it (like the OP mentions) and listen to it repeat over and over again...

At one point an operator threatens to cut them off because of the repeating over and over (and does).

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Fire department 408 is clearly the recipient of the call identifying themself to the caller.

Or they are calling for the operator, asking whoever it happens to be on each call to contact the red cross...or something.

Mod Edit: Removed Quoted insult

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
There is no FD 408 in nyc.

"nothing to see here, move along"

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
interesting response but please take time to listen to the tape to those that posted but didn't.

I am considering making a transcript but I am not great at picking out some of these words. Could anyone help out making a transcript? Multiple sources would be good as often people notice words others may not and I can't find any written transcript of this tape yet (hint hint ATS). Maybe if people were to see this written down first they may want to listen to the tape more.

Perhaps this is something worth considering and knowing about for anyone looking into 9/11? I have had several listens to this tape now and I am still drawing the same conclusion that this is some type of soundboard and that it seems to be used to mess with the emergency systems and such (i.e operated by the terrorists/or people connected with them).

It's fairly obvious when you have experience of these soundboards and know of all these celebrity soundboard prank calls, an example like Arnie Schwarzenegger calling the hospital and asking for Sarah Connor to some real person who falls for it, which are all over youtube and they are incredibly funny to see these people respond not knowing they are talking to a bunch of audio samples. People fall for it virtually every time unless they have experience of it which is why these prank calls have been so effective and popular but really we only started seeing them in public after 9/11.

Here are some example soundboards made with flash:
www.soundboardarchive.com...

Anyway, it certainly goes to show how far this terrorist network went and considering it was 2001 their level of sophistication, intel, technology and how they have found so many ways to comprise the system was extremely high on numerous levels.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

here is an edited version of the Fire Manhattan ch 03 audio tape with all the annoying censor tones removed. Listen carefully to the last 5 minutes.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
wow i play counterstrike source alot, an Gmod an the sounds in that recording sound just like the scripted samples from that game not the contents just the sound of the voice, deff a recorded sample. WOW

So any ideas of why this would be such? I mean a state of emergency like that an they are using sound bytes! Or is it.........the truth.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Insolubrious

What came to my mind is that there might be some kind of overdub of "all the Red Cross. . ." etc. to possibly conceal what was really being said in the transmissions. Were these tapes the subject of a Freedom on Information Act request or a court proceeding prior to their release? Maybe they were hastily sanitized in some way. Just my two cents worth.

Or it could just be some kind of technical glitch and perfectly innocent.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic

So any ideas of why this would be such? I mean a state of emergency like that an they are using sound bytes!

I don't think the fire dept. would use sound bytes to radio in calls asking for help, do you? Rather, someone is screwing with the call centers using sound bytes to give the impression they are firemen making some type of genuine request, which is pretty scary in itself because you can see how this is like social engineering exploitation, since people trust the fireman generally if you get a call from one claiming their ladder number or department and responding to a major emergency they are quite quick to believe it.

Put it this way, if you had access to wiretaps on the US phone systems and were able to tap into firefighter departments you could very easily record a variety of the firefighters conversations during emergencies and make a very sophisticated firefighter soundboard, complete with ID numbers and other details that confirm it is that person which could then be used in numerous ways (not just sept.11th) to exploit, evade and even give orders to a fire department.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by Insolubrious

What came to my mind is that there might be some kind of overdub of "all the Red Cross. . ." etc. to possibly conceal what was really being said in the transmissions. Were these tapes the subject of a Freedom on Information Act request or a court proceeding prior to their release? Maybe they were hastily sanitized in some way. Just my two cents worth.

Or it could just be some kind of technical glitch and perfectly innocent.

give it a few more listens, i had this initial thought too that it was some type of hasty overdub but that makes no sense and it also seems as one poster has already pointed out that they are actually trying to reply to the repeated audio clips and even hang up on them, and the same soundboard is used on different calls too with various responses in different orders.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It's a Phoneme/Grapheme mapping in real time to the speaker's voice. This is how the phone calls from the "planes" were faked as well.

Israeli Mossad/US gov. have done it for years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.iraq-war.ru...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If this tape is on the up and up, there is definitely looping done, and splicing .

How many times Did I hear he same in the exact same tone "Call the red Cross see if they can help", Man 2"Do you know the number?"

Between 3:40 and 4:04, of the revised audio, to elimate the beeps, it is Obvious in my opinion there is loopin going on. I mean he says it at least 5 times, and the other guy asks for the number like 3 times, all same tone of voice, it's pretty unsettling.

I mean really it was a reacording, played over and over, till I couldn't listen to it anymore.

Even toeward the beginning, "The stay where you are" sit tight", all seem so exact in tone and pitch of voice. I don't know manbye after saying that the one guy got into a rythym, so I'll pass that off as coincidence.

But the Guy A, with "Call the red Cross, see if they can help", and then;

Person B "Do you know the number?" both of them could not have made those phrases sound alike so many times, and it's obvious it's the same guys, so why would they have the same conversation over 4-5 different time in the span of 40-45 minutes?

Something smells really bad here.

Then again, it could be the work of some moron, who spliced these up together?

My question is (and sorry if it's been answered), are these calls/recording to 408 been made Official?

If so, there is something severely wrong here.

Also The time of the calls, seem to be after noon starting around 1pm EST I would imagine, since we're dealing with NY times. And they last till about 2pm. I would imagine calls such as this which seem to be initial calls, as the guy from the 408 says it seems to be the WTC area, so he doesn't know all that much....strangely. Weren't the toweres basically comeing down, if not one already came down, Pentagon was hit, Shansville plane was , well in the words of Donald rumsfeld "Shot Down".

So unless they are useing a different time zone, but even military time would add up.

I don't know what to think. The linkms to the recordings seems to be on the up and up, but who knows if these recordings were manipulated by some crazed fear mongering lunatic?

But i can bet my stake that there is looping going on in the last half of that recording, without a doubt. Interesting post, and a subject i've never seen raised before, so a star and flag for you!

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Nola213]

top topics

join