It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Book Debunks Atheists' Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

New Book Debunks Atheists' Claims

www.zenit.org

ROME, JUNE 16, 2008 (Zenit.org).- Much of what atheists pass off as fact in their charges against God and religion is really based on myth, says Legionary of Christ Father Thomas D. Williams.

Father Williams is author of "Greater Than You Think: A Theologian Answers the Atheists About God."

“Though the atheists claim to represent the side of reason,” he asserts in his book, “their arguments more often than not are ideological rather than rational.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
When I first saw the headline the first thing that popped into my head was "Uh, the Bible isn't exactly a new book." Pretty interesting read and definitely has my interest piqued for actually reading the book. Should be very interesting to see how some of the "religion is for the ignorant" flapping gums respond to this.

www.zenit.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm Indifferent, But without reading the book I cant speculate much but umm until god magically appears this argument will never be debunked.

Sure either side can try an debunk whatever physical aspect of there beliefs to their little hearts content, But the main point for both sides god can't be proven either way.

And until as stated before, God shows himself, Atheists win like it or not.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I personally thought atheist had to take a huge leap of faith in order to follow a belief that claims this life is all we get in existence and their creation is constantly being argued and reworked, like touting an unfinished book as the best novel ever while entire chapters and characters are being rewritten or thrown out. The book you brought up, though, is likely full of holes itself but may present a few interesting facts.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It's not really a "debunk" is it?

It's just another point of view.

This is one of the problems I have with the whole "god/no god" argument - each side is constantly trying to force it's views on the other side.

As far as I'm concerned, belief (and that's all it is on either side) is a personal issue, and there's nothing anyone can do to change the beliefs of another person.

Just let them get on with it - it's nothing to do with anyone except the individual what a person believes in.

new topics

top topics

join