It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urban Warfare Marines practicing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I tossed it up in the air whether to post this, then when I decided to post it, I had a hard time deciding which category.. See, it could relate to either NWO stuffs, general conspiracies, or I guess here.

Anyway, here in Indianapolis, the Marines have been practicing manuevers. They have never done this around here before. I think they are based out of Camp Atterbury which I am very familiar with because I spent tons of time there with my dad while growing up.

I have been doing some research for a couple conspiracy theory articles, and lol all the sudden, these military helicopters start showing up one day.. and I mean very low, and directly above my house lots of times.

I kind of blew it off after that day, but then there they were again the next day. We aren't part of any flood zones so I couldn't figure out why they were around, but guessed it was some sort of manuevers. For many more days they have been coming around day and night.

I called the local news and they confirmed it was Marines practicing maneuvers, but didn't elaborate. I get onto the news channel's website, find that the maneuvers are Urban warfare orientated. I guess I just thought the timing was trippy with all I read in my research lately lol. On Youtube some guy I can't find now, I think in New York, it seems he has taped similar above his house as well recently.

I have a digital camera, shot some crappy footage with it, but got some pretty good stills. It has always been a quiet neighborhood and it just seems surreal to see them over our hood everyday.

It's probably nothing, but I thought I would share. =P

Here is the link to story:

Wiki version of Urban Warfare

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
lol this shouldn't be a conspiracy. Look at what we're dealing with in Iraq, it's handy training.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yeah, I understand why seeing troops on the streets would be alarming, but this is necessary training for modern combat. The field of combat has changed to an urban environment so it is necessary for the troops to learn how to patrol in a real city.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well I guess I shouldn't have posted it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by proof_tracey

I wouldn't say that. You saw troops patroling your streets and it made you suspicious. If that isn't postworthy, I don't know what is. It just happens to have a reasonable explanation. That might not always be the case.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think its good to post it. You just never know...

In May 2006 I was working in Midtown Atlanta. One afternoon between 12 and 2 there was a huge explosion a few blocks away that shook our building. Smoke was coming up over the skyline and spreading out in the area. Sirens were blaring, cops and fire rescue everywhere and several Apache helicopters were buzzing over as well. When I say people were literally running in the streets in terror, I really mean it. Some people were crying and others were un-assing the area quick.

Not one word on the news about it. For days everyone was talking about what could have happened. But not a peep out of the media. Unfortunately this was before I knew of ATS.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
*blushes* thanks guys =) Wow kosmicjack that sounds like a spooky experience!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It's still kind of an odd thing...I know we in the Army don't do that just because of this reason we don't really want to freak out civilians and have them start flooding the press.

Usually MOUT (Military Operations on Urban Terrain) training is handled in a mock urban setup usually right inside or outside of a Military post. I think even I'd look twice if I saw United States Military training in a real urban environment of a neighborhood.

top topics

join