It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.C. boy dies after being tied to tree; parents charged with murder

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

He was first tied to the tree Tuesday and spent the night outside the family's farm in Macclesfield, about an hour east of Raleigh, and was released Wednesday morning.

Like a freaking dog. I'm sick to my stomach just thinking about this.

BTW, which I wouldn't even do to a dog.

[edit on 6/17/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I sincerely believe that stupidity and abuse caused this death...

But unless it was really hot, or really cold... why did he die in two days?

It gets my paranormal/untold truth thoughts going.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by ChefPrudhomme]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What if they cut his blood circulation off. You know I just can't keep thinking about this. I have a son. I am just too sad. I could never, ever, ever, ever do this.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
What the hell is happening to our society

Not the best movie out there, but I thought the premise was spot on.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

"Welcome to CostCo, I love you."

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ox

I acted out.. alot.. and like I said.. when the police came after they were called.. they sat with me privately and spoke to me.. Now this is in Australia not the USA where I currently live, Australian police back then were a little more relaxed.. The officer spoke to me as an adult (I was in my teens at the time) and made me realise that what I was doing wasn't helping and opened my eyes to the fact that.. in a few years I was going to grow up and move out of the house and wouldn't have to deal with it any longer...

I don't think that we are necessarily in direct disagreement overall, though you happen to have had a positive experience with the police. It seems though, that they acted procatively instead of punitively in your case, which is rare these days in America.

Police don't want to be bothered with playing the role of family counselor any more. It used to be that the police played many roles, today they do not. They have become regimented, and downright militant. In your case the police took the time to talk to you, and to address the real problem, which is a very good thing. Unfortunately, it could have been very different. The police could have hooked you up, threatened and intimidated you, maybe even roughed you up a bit, to "teach you some respect," and to instill enough fear into you that you wouldn't act up again. Of course, that fear would only go just so far, and you would only have acted out even worse in the long-run.

I have known this man since he was a little boy, and this is where tough love led him...

Millbrook man convicted of robbery

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Indeed, here's a clip...(Caution - some coarse language)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

That's the clip I was searching for. So true. Funny how that movie didn't do too well at the box office. Maybe because it hit too close to home for some?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChefPrudhomme
reply to post by Sestias

I sincerely believe that stupidity and abuse caused this death...

But unless it was really hot, or really cold... why did he die in two days?

It gets my paranormal/untold truth thoughts going.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by ChefPrudhomme]

As stated previously

www.wral.com...

The teen, who was identified as Tyler Gene McMillan, was in cardiac arrest and was taken to Heritage Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Jefferson said.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Cardiac arrest can be caused by dehydration.

A hard blow to the chest can knock someone, even a fit young athlete, into cardiac arrest. Dehydration or heat exertion can do the same. Anyone at any age can be a victim of Sudden Cardiac Arrest.

www.thecormactrust.com...

So, I'm betting it was heat and dehydration that killed the boy.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's on all the news channnels around here (central NC) and as horrific this act may be, it's not the last one we'll see.

As I travel up and down I-77, I-85 and I-40, I can't help just to wonder how many criminally-minded, sick people that I may be passing on the highway or coming into contact with at rest areas.

Just a little over 5 1/2 months ago we celebrated New Years, of course with "Happy" in front of it, but as we entered this year, murder and mayhem continued.

What is "happy" about that? It's just a continuation of the same old, same old.

While this child may have been disobedient, he did not deserve to be punished and die in such a terrible way.

The parents deserves no less punishment than to be put to death in the same manner as their child.

May the soul of this child rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Were there not any neighbors around to see this and save the little boy. Why is that now no one helps anyone anymore. These parents should be taken out tied to a tree and left there to die. No water, no food, just suffer and die. That poor boy, no one helped him.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The day this was suppose to have happened it was 99 degrees outside with a heat index of 115 degrees. So yes someone can die if left out in that type of heat. They need to kill the parents the same way. I live here in NC and even my dogs got wet down every 30 minutes that day and the 3 days before it.

My neighbor had puppies outside in that heat and I went and got them and brought them here until the heat was done with. But I cant imagine anyone doing that with an animal never the less there child. That is just pure stupidity.

Hilda

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I find my self speechless. I really dont know what to say or what to think. Other than this sucks. Bottom line is if you are not lucky enough to be born into a non abusive situation, you are screwed. I am hearing so many stories like this. Parents killing their kids, selling them (sexually) for beer and cig money, beating them, rapeing them. So many kids have to deal with more horror and pain than we could ever imagine.

and there is nothing we can do about it.

"Where were the neighbors?" you ask? Tell me, if they saw this, what could they have done?

Called the cops? Ok, the cops would come and say "dont do that" and leave. Do you think they would have said "oh honey Im so sorry i didnt realize i wasnt supposed to do that, I promise to be the bestest parent ever from now on?"

um no. More likely than not, he would have been beaten, God only knows what else, then tied to another tree that the neighbors couldnt see.

They couldnt have removed him from the situation, because that would have been kidnapping. Foster homes are full. A few lucky kidos get to go into orphanages, but everyone has tied their hands so much they have little $$ and are only kept afloat by a few good souls who help for free.

Someone please tell me what could have been done by the neighbors?

Granted I vote for beating the daylights out of the parents so they are so scared crappless that they never think of harming the kid again for fear of painfull prolonged death. Unfortunatly, I would be arested because another neighbor would see that and call the cops because violence is not nice, we should sit and talk things over instead of setting a bad example for the young boy.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
#1 here in NC laws are different then in other states a lady was finally convicted of murder a few months ago after her 4th child (foster child) was found dead. She smothered him to death. this was #4 yet she got off on the other 3 go figure. It took 4 deaths for them to finally put a stop to this?? This is crazy, but its NC law for you. Truthfully the police couldnt do a thing had they of been called out. I have seen people abuse there children in public and people would report them for it and the state never did anything to help the kids, and the police never did either.

Hilda

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
Were there not any neighbors around to see this and save the little boy. Why is that now no one helps anyone anymore. These parents should be taken out tied to a tree and left there to die. No water, no food, just suffer and die. That poor boy, no one helped him.

As pointed out earlier in this thread, the family lived on a farm, where there were probably no close neighbors to see what was happening. Neighbors who were questioned later said the family kept to themselves and the children were home schooled.

If this happened in a neighborhood where people could see what was going on, then the whole neighborhood should be arrested!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
What the hell is wrong with people. Has this world gone completely MAD!!!

I have had enough of hearing about some poor child dying because they are beaten or tied up and left or some other horrific act by their PARENTS!..

Why? How... how do people do this to their children? I mean.. I have a 15 month old son who is my life, I would never ever dream of hitting him or hurting him in any way, shape or form. And believe me when I say that if anyone ever hurt him, there wouldn't be a big enough piece of them found for me to be prosecuted.. This is unbelievable. These people need to be taken into a small dark room and sterilized with a piece of chain and a blow torch.

I am saddened and sicked by this.. These people should get the chair... Not in 10 years.. tomorrow..

I too am sickened by this boys death. I have two grown sons and I remember when they were 15 months old, they could do no wrong. But let me assure you, when they hit 15 YEARS, they can do plenty to send you into orbit, you might "dream" of hurting him. You probably won't like most of us managed not to do, but you'll "dream" of it. But losing your temper does not explain what happened to this boy, this was thought out and implemented, then carried out for two days. There is a big difference in that and losing your temper for the moment.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It's the coldness and the calculation that make this so disturbing. It's as though they thought he hadn't suffered enough to suit them, so they prolonged it for two nights and most of the next day (he was found in the afternoon, still tied to the tree). I think you're right, the parents are guilty of much more than neglect or a momentary loss of self-control.

<< 1  2   >>

join