It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Weapons Dealer Had Advanced Nuclear Weapon Design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Rogue Weapons Dealer Had Advanced Nuclear Weapon Design

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — American and international investigators say that they have found the electronic blueprints for an advanced nuclear weapon on computers that belonged to the nuclear smuggling network run by Abdul Qadeer Khan, the rogue Pakistani nuclear scientist, but that they have not been able to determine whether they were sold to Iran or the smuggling ring’s other customers.

The plans appear to closely resemble a nuclear weapon that was built by Pakistan and first tested exactly a decade ago. But when confronted with the design by officials of the International Atomic Energy Agency last year, Pakistani officials insisted that Dr. Khan, who has been lobbying in recent months to be released from the loose house arrest that he has been under since 2004, did not have access to Pakistan’s weapons designs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am surprised that this hasn't been posted yet. Perhaps it has but I didn't see it.

This is important. I have said it before the real danger in the region is Pakistan and the rogue elements within its government and military that we should be worried about.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
...American and international investigators say that they have found the electronic blueprints for an advanced nuclear weapon...

The plans appear to closely resemble a nuclear weapon that was built by Pakistan and first tested exactly a decade ago. ...

Which is it? Is it an "advanced" nuclear weapon, or is it 10 years old?

That's like saying "Investigators found a state of the art computer that is 10 years old". Not possible.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Warning bells are going off in my head I personaly get the feeling this statement is aload of cow s*** They are just trying to fit another peace of puzzel into place so America can attack Iran

This ring true with any one else?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Tensions are a little high between the US and Pakistan right now. I have a feeling this is a litte propaganda to ratchet things up. We have all known about Pakistan for awhile now.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Watch out. They're trying to drum up support for an attack on Iran. Khan did his thing back in the late 90s - early 2000s. The article even says he's been under house arrest since 2004. So, authorities are just finding his computer now? Bull!

The US knew about Khan a decade ago. This is the same as when they said Saddam had and used WMDs, but didn't mention it was 25 years ago. Don't be fooled again.

Here is a related story about Khan:
Nuclear Jihad

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
Warning bells are going off in my head [...]

They are just trying to fit another peace of puzzel into place so America can attack Iran

Yep, the propaganda machine of the West is churning out gut issue stuff,
like Iran, (&-or others) getting 'advanced' weapons designs (specs) from the father of the Islamic BomB.
Odd how the EU is just announcing the freezing of Iranian assets held in EU countries, just when this weapons leak pronouncement is made...

its like a 1-2- punch with a definite flurry of other western punches soon to follow... egging them into a confrontation with the West ???

top topics

join