It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We weren't designed to eat vegetables...here's the proof

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Actually I wasn't talking to you, I was responding to the other guy who called me a 'putz'. As for ego, I can't help but notice yours is rather self-inflated so pot calling kettle black? If you'll notice I'm from Australia and we still speak English here, so it is in fact "calibre". Also I don't proclaim myself all-wise nor holy, but flatter me if you must. Finally, flaming and chiding me as per the previous poster doesn't offer much incentive for meaningful conversation, does it? But neither does this lame-duck thread of yours.

Where do you notice my ego is self inflated mate? When have I put myself above someone else like you have done here other than knocking you down a notch? Saying someone doesn't have the caliber to take you on, to me, says that you think you are better. I don't recall where I have done that so quit trying to switch the focus off of you and onto me.

And as for the thread, if you don't like it, get out of it. No one is forcing you to stay here and continuously respond to each and every post that a member makes, shoving your bigoted views down their throats. If you'll notice, I despised the meat thread so I left it and created my own thread. You will only find 3 posts...countem 3...of mine in that thread. I said what I had to say and left it at that. I didn't sit back and continuously force my views like you are doing. So, who is forcing you to stay here in this "lame duck thread?" Not I.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Animals and fish are there for consumption???? only consumption???

Oh my... you are entitled to that opinion but wow, what a limited perspective.

What does this say about your level of respect to such beautiful creatures?

Let's just leave it there

reply to post by shar_chi

Maybe its an Aussie thing, but i agree with you all the way here mate.

And for the record, those who keep quoting sources stating that a vegetarian diet is bad for you i need only refer to myself (one more time)

As i said before, I've been a vegetarian 8 years - i'm the healthiest person i know.

My girlfriend, been a vegetarain 7 years - she's the second healthiest person i know.

On the flipside - my roommate and his girlfriend - they eat nothing but meat and processed food and are constantly falling ill and complain of having no energy.

My boss at work - meat-a-holic and constantly needing days off due to illness.

In my experience, it's the meat eaters who are ALWAYS sucumbing to illness, not us vegetarians.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
All I can say is sometimes I'm too lazy to stalk and kill a cow and devour it so I just steal it's food

Cows are food........take a bite

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There really needs to be the opposite of the star system on this site...

That way i can just click the "thumbs down" button on stupid comments and get on with it....

I'll bite my tongue

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Actually the pointed teeth are used for tearing the flesh. Our meat is already dead and we have knives and forks to reduce it from. As time moves forward we as a race will eveolve to have no pointy teeth. But we will still be meat eaters.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Man, I love when people are like "I'm a vegan and I'm perfectly healthy" as if that is the end of the argument. Well guess what, it doesn't matter. Someone is either healthy or sick. Doesn't matter what you eat, where you live, or what religion you are. I'm a smoker, yes that's right, a smoker. Have been for over 18 years. Pack a day at least. When I worked in the Yards during my "youth" I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker. You know what else? I'm perfectly healthy too. Not a spot on the lungs or a smoker's hack to be found. I can run three miles non-stop and do 93 pushups in 2 minutes and 102 sit ups in 2 minutes. I'm not an exercise freak either. The only reason I know I can do this is because I've been tested on it.

So, does that mean that cigarettes are good for you or bad? Science not withstanding my great-grandfather died at 98 years of age. The only time he ever had to go to the hospital is when they wheeled him to the morgue. Oh yeah, he smoked everyday since he was 12.

So, getting back on point just because you are healthy/unhealthy means nothing.

Sorry if this sounds like a personal attack, it isn't, which is why I didn't reply to a specific post. I just wanted it to be said that there will always be anomalies no matter the situation. Remember, even a small daily dose of Arsenic is good for, seriously, crazy huh?

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Apex Predator]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

My apologies towards anyone who felt offended by the fact that I didn't wax poetic about the beauty of our furry little friends of the forest, or of the majestic perfection that is the artichoke.

I did not feel such preface was necessary before stating that they are all perfectly suited for consumption. Especially with a little butter.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I personally do not judge a person on whether or not they eat meat or not. My opinion of someone entirely transcends what foods they choose to put in their body. However, there is great evidence that we are neither herbivores, carnivores, or even omnivores. Our natural sweet tooth lends us to be part of the frugivore classification. Since cellulose cannot be effectively be broken down by our digestive tracts, vegetables are not prime sources of nutrients for the human race. By the same token, our digestive tracts are far too long for meat digestion to be efficacious, and this often results in its putrefaction in our digestive tracts. Additionally, the slightly alkaline acid/base balance of our bodies strongly suggests that our digestive juices are more suited to dealing with the acidity of fruit. Furthermore, every single essential nutrient can be met by the consumption of raw fruits and nuts (it can safely be assumed that mankind began evolving before the advent of cooking), except for B12; the only nutrient we derive solely from animal products. This nutrient is necessary in such small amounts daily (less than a millionth of a gram daily), that I hardly think meat consumption is physiologically justified for the human species. However, if a mental dedication to meat consumption is present, then by all means eat meat. I however, being a follower of Jainism, derive all of my nutrients from fruits, grains, legumes, and dairy; all are ecologically sustainable and do not require intensive processing or the death of the host. So yes, in response to the initial post, we do not need to - nor are we physiologically adapted to - eating vegetables. I think it should also be said that I was not always this way; I grew up in America, and like most Americans, I ate meat, potatoes, and vegetables. I now walk a different path, and encourage others who are interested in an alternate approach to experience it before fully developing their opinions on diet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join