It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I disagree with a few points that you've made.

For one, I don't eat very much red meat, just chicken, turkey and fish mainly, but its still meat. And when I see a whole skint chicken or turkey, or fish, I do get hungry.

Also, your post says that Humans have flat back molars and no sharp front teeth. You are wrong about this. We have canines in the front and I don't know about you, but when I run my tongue across my back teeth, they feel pretty sharp. Not really flat by any means. And our ancestors as far back as they can trace....to "caveman" days...shows evidence that some tribes were hunter/gatherers and did in fact eat meat. So this is not something new. Humans have pretty much eaten meat since we were first documented into existance.

And as far as the vegan diet being unhealthy goes, it is not as bad as most meat eaters think. There is a small difference between soy protein and meat protein. Lean meats, like poultry, provide the body with important nutrients, including high-quality protein, iron, zinc, and B vitamins.

And as far as personal experience goes, I find that after a good work out and weight lifting, nothing helps build muscle faster and healthier than a nice serving of fish or turkey. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

This post has nothing to do with survival techniques, please move it to the psuedo-religious conspiracy fourm. And read The Secret Life of Plants...

I can hear the little veggie's screaming when I harvest them...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Even some primates like gorillas and orangutans hunt and eat meat if need be.All about survival,i would love to see a vegetarian survive in the wild!
impossible! even the groups in india that are *strict* vegetarians need to eat meat sometimes...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

Excellent post. "food" for thought -- pun intended. I believe that "omnivores" culls from a larger select group than previously thought to be. For example, ALL dogs and cats we've welcomed into our family all sought out vegetable matter, in addition to meats.

And hey, don't tell me I don't salivate while smelling a roast cooking lol! I am willing to concede, however, that it's possible that is a conditioned response.

Agree with previous poster too, Danger Girl, that we humans consume more meats than we were designed to consume.

I consider us primarily omnivores, and I think a true carnivore -- creatures that eat primarily animal protein -- are probably more rare than we think of. This blue iguana photo I took and use for an avatar...... it eats all manner of things, preferring some plants that are somewhat toxic to us, as well as any animal matter than it is successful in running down. I agree with you that our canine teeth are probably leftovers from a lineage wherein our ancestors had to rend raw meat. Perhaps way back in human history, at the juxtaposition of cooking meats and making cutting tools, we no longer needed them. I agree that we don't really need them in modern times.

Enjoyable thread, thank you.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Stop referencing that image. It completely excludes omnivores, which most primates are.

Yes, please stop referencing that image. Where did you get it from?

Our bodies have developed canine teeth in a vain attempt to help out but the rest of our bodies are not designed for the meat. sorry.

I apologize for getting gross here but it is a fact.

And where, if you don't mind me asking, did you get this "fact?"

our teeth are not designed to eat meat. Someone has mislead you on this.

Again you are stating this inconclusive statement as a fact. Where did you get it?

And also I think its ironic how you choose to ignore solid facts with proof and outside sources that people have given you whilst continuing your argument with the same information that you have yet to prove.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had a source on your original post, however, your source is a vegetarian website telling you why you should be a vegetarian. Don't you find that a little biased? Hmmmm? Appeal through exaggeration and half truths is a common sales technique. If I was doing this research I would definitely check other sources as well from both sides.

[edit on 6/15/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe science will solve the problem of people not wanting to kill and eat animals....

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Danger Girl, thanks for starting this post.

Anonymous made a good post, here are my 2 cents:
I'm a vegetarian since two yeras ago, and People, I must tell you that definitely I am sick less often. (wait--- have I been sick in past 2 years? hmmm...) Previously I was seriously sick like once or twice a year, for a week or so. And I also got to say that I DID NOT LOST A KILOGRAM OF WEIGHT, and feel no less fit than before.

There are MANY reasons to NOT eat meat, and there are FEW reasons to do.
Reasons not to eat include:

1. You're directly supporting killing of animals. (If you would have to kill every animal you eat meat from with your very hands, I am not sure you would eat as much meat as you do... if you would at all. Sometimes people just do not want to see and realize the obvious. In the US alone, 500,000 animals are killed for meat every hour.)

2. You're directly supporting the starvation of many people and deforestation. (100 acres of land will produce enough beef for 20 people but enough wheat to feed 240 people. Half the rainforests in the world have been destroyed to clear ground to graze cattle to make beefburgers)

3. Meat contains absolutely nothing - no proteins, vitamins or minerals - that the human body cannot obtain perfectly happily from a vegetarian (!) diet.

4.The following diseases are commoner among meat eaters: anaemia, appendicitis, arthritis, breast cancer, cancer of the colon, cancer of the prostrate, constipation, diabetes, gallstones, gout, high blood pressure, indigestion, obesity, piles, strokes and varicose veins. Lifelong vegetarians visit hospital 22% less often than meat eaters and for shorter stays. Vegetarians have a 20% lower blood cholestrol level than meat eaters and this reduces heart attack and cancer risks considerably.

Guys, honestly... In a lifetime, the average meat eater will consume 36 pigs, 36 sheep and 750 chickens and turkeys. Do you want that much carnage on your conscience?

(data from www.giveusahome.co.uk...)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have been a vegetarian my whole life... it hasnt done me any harm not eating meat....i dont really take vitamins either.... i honestly do not think eating meat is at all necessary, and my evidence is me!

....ive also stopped drinking milk, which is very unatural, we are the only species to drink another species milk....

.....if meat was presented in its natural form, without a bun and ketchup and fries, do you think it would look as tasty?...... i think meat is presented in a way where you dont associate it with an animal at all, if it was....i bet there would be more vegetarians..

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If veggies don't want to eat meat fine.

I love meat, Preferably raw. But then, I'm only human.....

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm

....ive also stopped drinking milk, which is very unatural, we are the only species to drink another species milk....

We're also the only species capable of drinking another species milk .... makes you wonder

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Guys, honestly... In a lifetime, the average meat eater will consume 36 pigs, 36 sheep and 750 chickens and turkeys. Do you want that much carnage on your conscience?

(data from www.giveusahome.co.uk...)

WOW....thats a fact i never knew, makes me feel quite ill and i dont even eat meat!

My son is also a veggie... hes almost 8, and has never suffered any illness, and hes always the one that doesnt catch the bugs/viruses going round...

I definately think eating meat affects your health in some way.... but th ats just my opinion

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disney
Half the rainforests in the world have been destroyed to clear ground to graze cattle to make beefburgers)

How much of the Indonesian rainforest has been been burned down to provide grazing? How much for palm oil?

Most meat in the western world is and can be produced from animals grazing in regions where no other food production is possible. There's a reason why Scotland is known for cattle and lamb and not for alfalfa, cauliflowers or barley.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think humans are technically considered as omnivores.
We'll eat just about anything we can catch.

I may be wrong about this, but I've always felt that the appendix is actually part of the intestine that is disappearing. A wholly agrarian diet takes longer to digest hence the nesscessity of having a longer intestine. Once mankind started eating more concentrated foods such as meat which are easier to digest than plant materials the appendix was born out of unnecessary intestine.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
*deleted*

[edit on 15-6-2008 by roxaz]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Incidently, why do humans have canine teeth and only one stomach?

But, if folk want to eat grass, that's more meat for me

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

We are the only species that drinks milk, because we are the only species with cookies!
Seriously, you're privileged life has led you astray.
If you had to survive in the wild, you would eat anything to survive. If you didn't you would die, period. Tell me, if you hadn't eaten in a week or two, do you really believe you wouldn't get interested in anything you could put in your stomach? If you answered honestly, you would say yes. If you disagree, I suggest you deposit yourself in the wilderness somewhere for 2 weeks and see if your opinion has changed.
A spoiled, privileged lifestyle is no basis for submitting inane comments such as these. Try starving for awhile and then come and put your 2 cents in.
Humans are omnivorous, get used to it. You can be a "vegan" in this society only by the grace of technology. If this society breaks down, you will either eat whatever you can to survive, or die. Simple fact.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Actually, Essan, Scotland is at least as well known for it's crops of oats and barley, amongst others.....
What else is required for survival, but porridge and whiskey? Hmmm? Well, maybe chocolate, and tea, and avocados, and Port Salut....but not much!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
MMmmmmmm! Barbecue! Meat cooked with fire and seasoned with herbs.

That appendix thing is just the unfortunate result of a stray paper clip when our blueprints were being copied. I won't gross y'all out with the details of how the duckbill platypus came to be. DNA research is finding some weird things there, but it's not a pretty story.

[edit on 6/15/08 by Double_Nought_Spy]

apc

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disney
1. You're directly supporting killing of animals.

You should know this one, Disney...

*sings* It's the ciiiiicle of liiiiiiiife!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join