It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We'll bring a gun..." -Another Example of Obama's Poor Leadership

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Don't let them beat you down jamie, thats how it works, try and silence through intimidation , I am no racist, and I don't think MOST on this forum are,

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by jamie83

Don't let them beat you down jamie, thats how it works, try and silence through intimidation , I am no racist, and I don't think MOST on this forum are,

Thanks!

I am not a racist either. Neither are Bill and Hillary Clinton, yet that didn't stop the Obama campaign from portraying them as such.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by jamie83

Of course that doesn't mean it's good form to avoid legitimate debate. I didn't call anyone a racist, but none of my core points of contention have been addressed.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Obama's comment was inappropriate but his followers will never admit that he is anything less than perfect.

Maybe it was not appropriate, but that's not saying much about this election. Each candidate has had their share of inappropriate comments - heck, even their spouses have played their fair part in making untimely or ill-humored remarks.

I'm not exactly what you would call an Obama "follower". Honestly, I don't really like him for the President of the United States. But, I'll vote for him. Because as much as I don't like the idea of an Obama Presidency ... I like the idea of a McCain Presidency FAR LESS.

These smear threads are getting extremely old and ridiculous in the attempts to attack not only the opposing candidate, but each other in the process. Debate is a great idea, but when we're seeing comments such as:

Originally posted by rocknroll
Please tell me why this kind of talk is shocking coming from a black man?
This doesn't surprise me at all. I'm glad this idiot is showing his true colors. He's not a black man, he's an [snip]

it's evident that the lines have been crossed from debate to hate smears. If you want to "debate" this election - debate someone's policy. Not idiotic comments. Or else, next I'll start a thread in which we can "debate" McCain's "Pakistan's Al Qaeda Training Centers" quote from a couple months back.

I don't care who you're going to vote for. I'm sure that I can't change your mind, and I'm positive that I don't want to. Vote for whom you believe is best fit for the position ... and allow me to do the same - thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I can easily tell by this thread that its not always the candidates people have a problem with, its really their own personal views and beliefs that are the problem. But these people that have these problems will never know. They don't know how fragile life is. Most of the time they remain stuck in their own world.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by kj6754]

[edit on 20-6-2008 by kj6754]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What kind of right wing rant is ATS becoming...FIRST is months of WHITE racists swimming in self pity because of the "ethnics" (as if there is ONE so called WHITE person with NO DNA from Sub-Saharan blood)

Now we must endure the fanatical ANTI (Black) Obama...

Sadly, it appears time to find another site with science credibility.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethia

Greetings A....Here is how it works....The poor turnout at the voting booths indicates that 50 percent of the people that have a right to vote actually do....The rest stay home....So if you look at the elections of past years you will see a nation devided,which translates into a fact that 26 percent of the people that have a right to vote are determining the direction of this country....Since the supporters of candidates such as Obama are clearly not a majority....The only way to conduct an election that will truly represent the will of the people would be to have every person who has a right to vote,exercise that right....This would be a step in the right direction......For the long term if the american people truly want change,than what they wil have to do is first READ THE US CONSTITUTION AND UNDERSTAND terms for political office range from 6 years in the senate and 2 years in the house of representatives....A quick fix for this nation is ,if it is not to late,would be,for the next six years,with a maximum voting participation every year.....VOTE WHOEVER IS IN OFFICE OUT regardless of party or performance....If this could be accomplished the whole network of political pundits,activists and special interest groups would have to attempt to restablish themselves and in doing so would become more visible.....

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Don't worry, the south and many millions of white voters will keep him out. Mexicans don't like blacks, whites don't like blacks......Not enough of you libs to vote him in..So sorry

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Don't worry, the south and many millions of white voters will keep him out. Mexicans don't like blacks, whites don't like blacks......Not enough of you libs to vote him in..So sorry

I think Obama will win the popular vote but still lose in the General Election. I don't think he will be able to win the states he needs to.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kj6754

Greetings KJ.....Needless to say I hope you are wrong about Obama winning the popular vote...because if he does that would almost guarantee a supreme court challendge of the Electoral College provision of our election laws.....A challendge of this kind could leave the white house empty in 09....Which if the republicans do not take back the House.....Nancy Pelosi could be running this country until the supreme court rules on the outcome of the election...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Greetings TX....Do not rule out the LIBS ability to steal the election....usiing illegal mexicans and militant blacks..

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theodorej

If the liberals were able to steal the elections like you claim, Gore would be finishing up his second term right about now and the republicans would not have lost control of congress in 06.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Greetings....They are not stupid....They learn from their mistakes....

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I may not be an Obama supporter, but I think taking a figurative metaphor or simile like that as a sign of leadership is just plain incongruous. I see so many contradictory positions, as alluded to in a prior post, for ex., Obama might use illegal Mexicans when at the other end McCain bought a bat to the immegration against the American people not long ago. Are we just listening to parts of speech or the whole speech and missing the rest of the picture. To another nation, Hilary's statement we would obliterate Iran, is a lot more thuggery than Obama saying he will be a gun, as a metaphor for we will overwhelm the opposition. He has to sound like a winner its all part of strategy, as much as McCain and Hilary made it seen Obama ,once in Office, would staff the cabinet with the weathermen and give Bin Laden a pardon. I don't by the hype while in campaign mode, and VERY much less using fragments like that as a sign what a person would do as a leader.
I look at how the campign is executed, the ability to stay solvent, enthuse people, rally people., handle crisis, assuming I knew nothing about them from the past.
Knowing that two of three had experience and ran curiously ineefective campaigns , even experts are baffled at, had more money to start with, were household brands, and are in the red, is a good barometer to me who has good leadership and who des not.
So its a big mistake to be doting imo on words or phrases that really have no bearing on leadership or predicting performance. If he had used flowery words, I am sure the anti-harvard group would go, There he goes again.

Lets concentrate on something a little more substantive than that, Hillary and McCain kept waiting for him to trip up in the same manner many are doing now, bad move. I believe thats the wrong approach, and a very bad habit to have, to pray for a mispeak, when assessing an opponent it shows demonstratable weakness in position. and a clear signal to them they have the momentum which in fact they do. Is it time to get dirtier, or smarter ?
just my 2cents

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 22-6-2008 by Sys_Config]

<< 4  5  6   >>

join