It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still think your flu vaccine is safe ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

23 dead. 123 hospitalised...

23 people have died from heart attacks, blood infections and pneumonia after having routine flu jabs
Official figures show that a further 123 people given the winter vaccine suffered a suspected reaction so severe they were taken to hospital.

Causes of death included heart attacks, blood infections and pneumonia, while asthma and kidney failure were among reported side-effects.

First let me get this straight. I am against this 'catch all' vaccine wish the government has, especially this flu vaccine. I am also 100% against the combined MMR vaccine as well - single dose vaccines worked well enough for many years and do not over load the immune system of a young child.

Yes some diseases are terrible, and yes we need to protect against them, but this culture of secrecy from the government makes matters 100 times worse.

terrible loss of life, terrible.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Twenty three people have died in the past five years? Over eight billion people in Britain received the vaccine?

I would say the odds are pretty good that the vaccine is safe. I have gotten the flu vaccine every year since it was first offered. I will continue to get it.

Your research is only half complete. The question is how many people died of the flu in the last five years that did not receive the vaccine?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Or how many people died of the flu and DID receive it? I would like to see both of those stats. That would give a good indication of whether or not it is worth it.

I haven't got the vaccine in years. Last year was the first time that I got the flu in a very long time. Many people got it last year though, even those with the shot. So, I am still going to pass on it for now.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
www.whale.to...

"There is a great deal of evidence to prove that immunization of children does more harm than good."
-- Dr. J. Anthony Morris, former Chief Vaccine Control Officer and research virologist, US FDA

"There is no evidence that any influenza vaccine thus far developed is effective in preventing or mitigating any attack of influenza. The producers of these vaccines know that they are worthless, but they go on selling them, anyway."
-- Dr. J. Anthony Morris

dailycamera.com...

Most flu shots contain mercury, but few know it
By Raquel Rutledge, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Monday, November 19, 2007

A record 130 million Americans are expected to get a flu shot this season in hopes of ducking the nasty virus, but as the needle pierces the skin, more than 80 percent will also get what some say is a hefty and dangerous dose of mercury.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that almost everyone including pregnant women get the injection, despite written warnings from the vaccine manufacturers.

Citing an estimated 36,000 deaths a year from the flu and flu-related illness, the mainstream medical community, including the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Lung Association, says the benefits far exceed any risk from the shot.

In a typical year, between 5 percent and 10 percent of the population will get the flu virus, resulting in roughly 200,000 hospitalizations, according to the CDC. The flu can be especially dangerous for very young children and people 65 and older. Elderly people account for about 90 percent of all flu-related deaths.

Simply stated: The flu shot saves lives, the CDC says.

Yet a growing number of doctors, scientists and citizen organizations, such as Safe Minds, the Coalition for Mercury-Free Drugs and Moms Against Mercury, say mercury in flu shots has not been proved to be safe and can be linked to neurological disorders and other serious problems. They push for mercury-free shots that are available in limited quantities but that few know about.

"Mercury causes tremendous damage to the brain," said Paul King, scientific adviser for the Coalition for Mercury-Free Drugs.

Mercury is among the most toxic heavy metals and is known to poison the central nervous system, liver, gastrointestinal tract and other systems in the body.

About 80 percent of all flu shots distributed in the United States contain a mercury-based preservative called thimerosal. Thimerosal consists of 49.6 percent ethyl mercury, an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal that allows manufacturers to sell the vaccine in large, multi-dose containers without fear of contamination.

The Environmental Protection Agency and federal Food and Drug Administration have not set an exposure limit for ethyl mercury.

The federal agencies have, however, set exposure limits for another organic and closely related form of mercury, methyl mercury, the type that comes from coal-fired power plants and is found in fish. They use that standard when estimating the safety of ethyl mercury.

Doctors and scientists debate the differences of the two forms in terms of how they affect the brain and body, but all agree: both are toxins.

A typical 0.5 milliliter flu shot contains 25 micrograms or 50,000 parts per billion of mercury.

The EPA classifies a liquid with 200 parts per billion of mercury as hazardous waste. The limit for drinking water is 2 parts per billion...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
yeah, i'm not a big fan of all those vaccines with all their mercury and other #e they put in them.

I eat my D3 and it seems to boost my immune system very well.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If you get a vaccination, only accept vaccines that do not have ethyl mercury as a preservative. This mercury-based chemical is generally called thiomersal, or sometimes "thimerosal". It contains about 50% mercury, and is potentially toxic.

It's easy to find lots of articles about the controversial nature of thiomersal, as it is suspected of causing autism to some young children that have received it during the early-age vaccinations. Luckily they are slowly reducing the use of this potentially toxic ethyl mercury in vaccines, by starting to use single-dose vaccine ampulles that do not need a very effective preservative.

The flu shots may be an exception, though. Many flu vaccines still contain thiomersal as they are designed for large masses, and generally not distributed in single doses. It's much more economical to use larger bottles.

I'm not going to get my flu shot voluntarily. Many people I know have often become very sick after their annual flu vaccinations, which basically negates all the positive effects of a flu vaccination. Either you chose to have a small chance of catching the flu naturally, or a bit bigger chance of getting a bit milder version of flu via the vaccine. Besides, you'd have to get a new shot every year as the flu virus mutates enough during a year -- so that the vaccine from last year isn't effective against this year's virus in any case...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by scarystuff

Myself,I use organic virgin coconut oil and haven't been sick in 2 years. No flu shot for me!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
With 36,000 Americans die on average per year from the complications of flu and 200,000 hospitalized,and since i have asthma,i would rather take my chances with the shot over hoping i don't catch it and die.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Do you realise how many of those who die have HAD the vaccine ? rofl.

Nearly 99% of them. I'll dig out the figures for you from my dissertation during the week.

LOL@ Flu vaccines.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Since i been getting the flu shot 4 years ago,it seems to be working.I havent had it since then yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I have not had a flu shot in over a decade. I have had the flu once in that time. My roommate for 6 years was a nurse who was required to get a shot every year. Guess what, she got the flu every year too.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I got a flu shot once and ended up bed ridden sick for days. I do not think it is a bad thing for everyone, but I do not get them, not have my son get one. We are both pretty healthy and there seems to be no reason for it. My mom gets one every year and still manages to get VERY ill from a flu every year. Related, I don't know, but not taking any chances here. Eat right, wash hands and get plenty of rest. That is how to avoid the flu the best in my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A brief history of vaccines and the truth about the manufactured bird flu pandemic.

video.google.com...#

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My GP advised me 3 years ago to avoid the flu vaccine, after I had a reaction to the variation the year before, you have to weigh the good with the bad when it comes to this kind of vaccination.

Its like any kind of medical procedure, there is always an element of risk, always that small percentage of unforeseen complication, even going to the hairdresser these days and having your hair dyed, runs a small risk of severe reaction and death

Doesn't mean their is a hairdresser conspiracy, its life, everyone is different, One mans evil is another mans pleasure so to speak.

Nuts are a huge killer in the world, but still we eat nuts, we Humans are a very strange breed indeed.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
OK, this might not have anything to do with my flu shot which I had two weeks ago but ever since I had it I have been sick ... and not just a little sick, but all-of-a-sudden-I-have-asthma AND had-to-have-xray-to-check-for-pnemonia type of sick!!!

The xrays did not show pnemonia but I'm now on my second course of anti-biotics, an inhaler, steroids and heavy duty cough meds.

It was the first flu shot I have ever had and I guarantee you it will be my last!!!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Were you sick at all when you got the flu shot? I have heard if you are when you get it, you risk getting sicker because your body is trying to fight something else.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Twenty three people have died in the past five years? Over eight billion people in Britain received the vaccine?

Eight BILLION people in Britain? There aren't 8 billion people in the entire world.
??????????????????

new topics

top topics

join