It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Plan To Kill Internet By 2012 Leaked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Secret Plan To Kill Internet By 2012 Leaked?

www.prisonplanet.com

ISP's have resolved to restrict the Internet to a TV-like subscription model where users will be forced to pay to visit selected corporate websites by 2012, while others will be blocked, according to a leaked report. Despite some people dismissing the story as a hoax, the wider plan to kill the traditional Internet and replace it with a regulated and controlled Internet 2 is manifestly provable.

The article, which is accompanied by a You Tube clip, states that Time Magazine writer "Dylan Pattyn" has confirmed the information and is about to release a story - and that the move to effectively shut down the web could come as soon as 2010.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well if this is all true ,I am not suprised.
The Government, and the greedy Corperation, have been looking for a way to silence all TRUTHS.

The internet has exsposed the Liers!

If this all true then we need to find a way to stop it.
WE THE PEOPLE, can start our own internet and the %$$#^ Gov can stay out of our business.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, the internet is running out of capacity pretty quickly and something will have to be done. With the increased acceptance and use of HD streams and other forms of digital media, we are simply going to run out of bandwidth.

I am sure that there are many greedy people looking at how they are going to make internet 2.0 a cash cow. I don't know how reliable any of these rumors are but you know that there are plenty of people out there willing to screw over the average joe to make a fortune.

The sad thing is that 90% of the people who will make the decisions about whether or not to allow this type of greed to take place don't even use the internet and have zero understanding about the customers that they will be screwing.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Four yrs. that's still a lot of time left for us to exploit the internet.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Well, the internet is running out of capacity pretty quickly and something will have to be done. With the increased acceptance and use of HD streams and other forms of digital media, we are simply going to run out of bandwidth.

I've lost count of the amount of times I have to say this, but here we go...

There is no such thing as "the internet". It's just a protocol allowing communication of computers over the telecoms network. Anyone who thinks the internet is a "thing" shouldn't be posting about it.

I can also assure you, as a telecoms engineer for a large UK telco, that there is not a bandwidth problem in regards to the UK telecoms network and with that, the developed world. There is so much bandwidth available, we have fibers sitting dark and unused! The problem people have with regards to bandwidth stems from the last mile, not the core network and contention issues in that last mile.

I am sure that there are many greedy people looking at how they are going to make internet 2.0 a cash cow. I don't know how reliable any of these rumors are but you know that there are plenty of people out there willing to screw over the average joe to make a fortune.

Before I continue, do you even know what Internet 2 is?

The sad thing is that 90% of the people who will make the decisions about whether or not to allow this type of greed to take place don't even use the internet and have zero understanding about the customers that they will be screwing.

I think this story is utter bollocks, personally.

What might be in the works is some ISP's moving towards a TV subscription model as it suits their business. Offer certain websites for £4.99/month or something dirt cheap. It's probably a marketing gimmick to attract light users.

If ISP's decided to restrict the internet, then not only would they face a whole stack of law suits from whatever websites they refused to allow, but would lose business as people would just not use it.

I have worked in Telecoms for nearly 10 years now and not once have I heard of this plan. It's dumb and goes against everything that people have been building the internet for.

I'd like to see a source that isn't from Alex Jones or someone equally as paranoid and psychotic.

new topics

top topics

join