It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone still read the newspaper for news anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I don't trust the mainstream media. I'll occassionally watch the mainstream media on TV but I'll only watch it for local news because I have no other real way of getting local news about my area. But I won't watch mainstream media for news on world events. I use the internet for that. I find the internet a far more trustworthy source of news. I think that the mainstream media hasn't really tried to practice fair journalism all that much. Anyone who studies journalism would know that the mainstream media can be extremely biased. I like how the internet isn't completely regulated by the federal government. After all who would want to read or watch a biased form of news?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I still subscribe to the newspaper. Usually my father and grandfather read pretty much the whole thing, but I myself only do two things with it. When I wake up in the morning, I skim over the front page, very rarely reading beyond the first few paragraphs of any given article. Then I grab the sports section and hit the bathroom. So to answer your original question, no, I don't usually read the newspaper for news. I rely on the internet for that.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Local news yes, but other than that, I look in it for classifieds and the editorials. Even the local news is biased in their reporting of the news.2

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i read them, but just to see what the talkingpoints and disinfo are for the day.

like the lead charecter says from the movie "shooter"

"lets see what lies they are gonna try and feed us today..."

new topics

top topics

join