It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA comments on accusations of manipulating Mars images!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
ok, way i read it
NASA scientists dont go and try to mislead STUPID people, fair enough, stupid people are just ignored
but, what about nasa trying to misslead inteligent peeple?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
There is no way that the last time this was brought up was the face on Mars. Anyone here knows that to be a completely false statement. I really doubt that even NASA employees are that ignorant of public opinion.

Just to make it clear, the statement you refer to doesn't come from the NASA scientist, but from the journalist in the swedish newspaper "Dagens Næringsliv". And that statement is actually true, at least in the scandinavian news world.

The conspiracy theories are very rarely mentioned, if at all, in scandinavian media. And this is the first time I have seen a reporter from my part of the world confront NASA with the accusations that they are manipulating images and data. I think that is an interesting development in itself.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Save the picture as an image then blow it up a couple times. Look midway up the picture to the what looks like a cylindrical object on the ground. Now slowly bring it up a bit more and there is a shape much like the back of a chair made from aluminum poles in a long rounded back along with two curved legs that lead down to a cross member. It certainly doesn't seem like natural terrain that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What do people make of these images ?

Personally I think they are rock formations and light which can often create some interesting shapes .... same as looking at marble design or into the cinders of a fire !

Anyway have a look at these!

i.i.com.com...

i.i.com.com...

Interestingly though scientists have found human footprints which were left in the Jurassic and Triassic periods! Food for thought also! Did man exist alongside Dinosaurs?

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Lizard1]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody has ever heard of this but I read in a book written by an archaeologist named Jonathon Gray that a Soviet scientist defected to the US toward the end of the Cold War, if I'm not mistaken, with documents that included photos taken by a Soviet probe that was sent to Mars. The photos were in color, revealing city ruins with crumbling buildings and highways and so forth and so on. The Russians kept these photos a secret for a long time because they did not want anyone to know about their technological advancement.

Has anybody heard of this as well?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lizard1

Can you put up a link about that footprint story? That's the most interesting thing I've ever heard.

I look forward to looking at the pictures NASA claims are from Mars. Honestly, I don't believe a thing NASA says. A government agency is a government agency no matter how many scientists work for it.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I think that the main thing to consider here, is that if this mission is legit, and I was a nasa scientist, you can absolutely bet on it that I would IMMEDIATELY go for a higher resolution shot. Whatever that thing is, it sticks out like a sore thumb and would have these guys DROOLING to know what it was. Don't think they haven't already taken better pictures, because you can bet that they have. The thing to ask yourself now, is what are they going to tell us? Don't be surprised if the lander suddenly and inexpicably stops sending data leaving nasa "baffled". The images are probably being altered as we speak.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I for one would not rule out a slim change that this mr Smith is authentic and fed up with weople tumbling al over the first picture taken by a spacecraft that has flown over 400 million miles to touchdown on mars via parachute and rockets, just to point out rocks that looks like human skulls and a white anomaly as undisputable evidence of a mars civilisation discarding the possibility that this anomaly is actually manmade. (heat shield / parachute.) where the skulls looking rocks just miiiight be presently erhm rocks.

I for one wouldn’t be as polite to the morons as principle Smith has been.

This considering the slightest change that this man might just be genuine. My gawd, this grey almost acts human! In the case that the rockskullcivilisationmorons are not as moron as they make themselves look, Peter should be kicked out of the skull and bones society for sssslipping his reptilian tongue.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I concur that this doesn't sound right coming from a nasa spokesperson or scientist.If he was venting"off the record" ,and it was used in an unflattering way then perhaps I'd more readilly believe THAT. I'm suspicious of the article. I support Skipper and his site for turning up amazing and astounding finds.Sure we all make mistakes and flubs,deal with faulty assumptions,but it's a self-correcting process over time reacting to new ideas and new info. Skipper is a pioneer,and takes heat for it. He realizes Nasa is covering up life on Mars and just won't shut up or DUMMY UP about it.He can't accept the fact that nasa deprives the rest of us of the knowledge of the extent of life on Mars. That makes him an advocate for the public.We have every right to know the truth about all other life in the solar system.If you just love conspiracies and care not one bit about life on Mars(and our connection to them,or clues to the origins of life on Earth) then just look at the military dominating nasa and nasa policy. Scientists under the thumbs of the military is more like 1930's Germany ooohhhh which Reich was that again?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
and as Hoagland says:

N...never
A...A
S...straight
A...answer

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
check this instead of listening to the NASA rap

disclose.tv...

where is john lear ?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

When we ask if NASA is misleading the public, Smith gets agitated:

"To those who choose to believe that a group of professional scientists are spending their time manipulating data and that they are making up conspiracies to mislead stupid people, who we have never met and are not the least interested in, to those I want to say that the research we are doing is a thousand times more real and interesting than the paranoid fantasies which are being discussed on the web site you sent me a link to."

I have to admit, many of the images I see that people are pointing to and claiming they see various "artifacts" I only see rocks. Pretty rocks, weirdly-shaped or colored rocks, but rocks nevertheless.

Yet there are many that need a better explanation. Hoagland et al has brought many of these interesting photos to the surface for the greater public, and some of them really do need some answers, IMHO.

Now we have this interview. The thing that I notice, that to this point I don't believe anyone has commented about, is the lack of denial. He does not deny, at all, that NASA is manipulating the photographic images.

Re-read his statement with this in mind: he is making a statement that seems to deny something when it really says nothing at all. He does NOT say that are NOT manipulating the data, he says their "real" work is more important that the fantasies on the specific website sent, not the general conspiracy theories, just limited to that specific website.

He says a lot and appears to be really ticked without denying anything.

I find that a lot more interesting than what he actually says.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by d. duck

Well, I didn't point out the lack of direct address in the quote becasue it it so typical of coverup-denial language. What is odd to me is NASA allowing this to be in the press when NASA is already under fire as being ineffective and dishonest.

Strange.

And where are the Soviet Martian photos.

Also, as has been stated, the reason you only see interesting rocks in Mars pics is because they edit out all the cool stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Marsanomolies is a joke. That skipper guy actually thinks NASA has software that automatically removes things from pictures without human intervention. He also doesn't know the difference between compression artifacts and actual objects. Yeah right, NASA has an automatic alien removal program that leaves obvious "image tampering" artifacts in all their photos. They are smart enough to have that software but not smart enough to make it undetectable.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Nasa would instantly tell us if there was life on Mars.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by d. duck

Re-read his statement with this in mind: he is making a statement that seems to deny something when it really says nothing at all. He does NOT say that are NOT manipulating the data,

It wouldn't be very useful to you if they supplied you the "unmanipulated" data, ie, the raw image files. Raws from a camera are only useful if you have the software to interpret them into a useable image. With a good quality ccd that includes reducing the bit depth from 16 or 12 bits down to 8 bits that can be read and displayed. On a color CCD it also means debayering the pixels (fortunately, NASA uses monochrome CCDs and filters to get color data - too bad this leads to foolish people criticising their "black and white" images). You WILL lose data in that conversion process. The specific technique you use to convert the image will determine what data is sacrificed. If NASA didn't "manipulate" the data, there'd be no way for the average person to see the pictures.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bearclaw70
check this instead of listening to the NASA rap

disclose.tv...

There is at least one thread here on ATS about that supposed evidence of a civilisation, if you want to read it just click here.

where is john lear ?
Why do you want John Lear?

Are you one of those people that are incapable of thinking for themselves and need someone else to have the thoughts so they can say "that is what I always thought!" ?

Or do you want John Lear so he can join us in this discussion? But as he decided not to enter ATS again I think you will have to keep on without him.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Nasa will always let us know when they find something significant on Mars,whether water OR ice.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

Ugh, would you PLEASE stop posting overcompressed jpgs as "proof" and link to the ORIGINAL files?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join