It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Tells it like it Should!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Fox news called referred to Michele Obama as Obama's Baby Mama. Fox news is not holding back. I give 2 thumbs up for Fox News. Michele Obama is plume crazy with racism. She makes some of the most absurd comments in her speeches. Here is the link to the story.

www.salon.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
well thank god shes not running for president then. I mean phwew! Don't want that in the white house. Perhaps we need a someone that will prolong the war and entrench us deeper into debt. Yea that will work. Lets put someone in the white house that will tank our economy worse than it is already, drag out a war no one wants to be in, and alow our companies to downsize and move even more jobs overseas. Thats the ticket

Heck if we wanted that we should just let Bush run again.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Bush will probably declare war on Iran and will stay in office for another 4 years anyways. So this whole election is just garbage.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Though I don't agree on personal attacks against a candidate's family, Michelle Obama lends herself to them by her anti-American comments.

If Barack Obama doesn't want his wife to be a subject of criticism, then he should probably remove her from his campaign. Bill Clinton has been subject to several nasty attacks as a result of his speaking on Hillary's behalf. What's fair for the goose, is fair for the gander..

My advice to her would be: "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
While I agree, I can't go so far as to commend Fox for this. The thing is their motivation for these remarks has nothing to do with the fact that his wife's blatant racism is wrong, and everything to do with slandering Obamas campaign. Look at it this way, if Obama was GOP, Fox wouldn't touch this story with a 10 foot pole.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

I mean if that's what you want then I guess, but most of us feel quite differently about the situation. Including the constitution and there is no legal precedent to allow the president to remain in office after his term. The law is there granted but the legal precedent of someone actually doing it has never happened and never would happen.

I am sorry this would only apply if we as a nation were under attack from a foreign government. Not if we attack another government. If we were in a time of war where our soil is being invaded then yes this would apply but that won't happen so Bush will be out of office on January 20th 2009 sorry to disappoint all you CTers out there but that is the only way that bush could use that dusty ole law is if our country was being invaded and I guarantee that will not happen. Not in my lifetime that is.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The funny thing about all of this is that it would be a completely different issue if it was a white man with a racist white wife. Just imagine what would happen if Obama was white and there was evidence popping up everywhere that Michelle had KKK & neonazi ties and had exposed her racist views in a public forum many times. I guarantee he would be unelectable and removed from the ticket. Since we're talking about a black guy and his black wife they're given a pass. Why?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Perhaps you should read NSPD-51.

Here's the whitehouse.gov link: www.whitehouse.gov...

A more plain and simple explanation of what it means: www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Here's a good analysis by Bill White: www.concordbridge.net...

edit to fix link.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by Unit541]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ah, welcome back Eric! Another post about Obama's race. How original.

Why don;t you try discussing the issues? This is NOT an issue.

Like you, Fox news will make one "ooopsy daisy" statement knowing that it will be the headline for days to come, and more importantly, it will keep the race issue at the forefront.

Attack the issues. Not the skin color. This is getting to be disgusting.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

I think the funniest thing about his wife's racism is that Obama is just as much white as he is black.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Ummm, because Mrs. Obama does not have ties to groups like that. In fact, she is NOT a racist. If all you have to base that "she is a racist" comment on is 2 little audio clips, then you guys have a lot of work to do.

And you call yourself a penguins fan. For shame.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

Thank God for FOX News the totally unbiased news organization that helped to LIE ABOUT the reasons for entering the war in Iraq. At least they employ hosts that won't cut people off for giving a different opinion and then call them all sorts of nasty names for doing so. Nope, not at Fox News.

Fox News is among the most deceitful organizations on THIS PLANET. My God, they even went so far as to file a lawsuit and WIN in court stating that they DON'T HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH in the News! They are a PRIVATE corporation. Now why would they do that? Why would they WANT to win a case where it is deemed that they DON'T HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH?

Nope, they aren't biased and deceitful at all.

Oh yeah, just research the Florida Fox News case where 3 reporters were fired for trying to tell the truth about unhealthy drugs being injected into cows to force higher milk production. Drugs that have been shown to be unnecessary and that actually harm the people that drink the milk.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Ummm, because Mrs. Obama does not have ties to groups like that. In fact, she is NOT a racist. If all you have to base that "she is a racist" comment on is 2 little audio clips, then you guys have a lot of work to do.

And you call yourself a penguins fan. For shame.

Puh-lease. We have her thesis for starters. Her thesis was deemed to be so damaging to the campaign that they had it under lock and key until November. Even now, many think it was edited. We also have her ties with everybody's favorite racist reverend. You can go ahead and argue that she didn't necessarily agree with his opinions, but we all know that 's bunk. If I went to a chuch and my pastor started throwing around racial comments like that I wouldn't be back. Christianity isn't about color and it shouldn't be about color. We have audio and video clips as you've mentioned above. We're also likely going to see the "whitey tape" in a few months. I think it's almost absurd at this point to try to claim that she's not a racist.

When I look out into a group of mixed race people, I see a bunch of Americans. When she looks out into that same group, she sees people of various races. This is evident from reading her thesis and studying her words.

I'm not sure what to make of your Pens comment. What the heck does being a pens fan have to do with this conversation? If you're just looking for ammunition to get under my skin, I'll let you in on the fact that I'm a Cleveland Browns fan too. Surely you can come up with some better digs on that connection.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081

Bush will probably declare war on Iran and will stay in office for another 4 years anyways. So this whole election is just garbage.

First, Bush can't declare war on Iran. Second, even if he could he wouldn't stay in office another 4 minutes, never mind another 4 years.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

That is a presidential directive. Not a law. Sorry my friend this would not hold up under any court action against the constitution of the United States. Even in a time of crisis this directive would only allow the continuation of the constitutionally elected government. This directive does not grant the Executive branch any more power nor does it allow the president to remain in office during a war that is not on this soil.

Also just to jump the gun cause I have had this same argument before and I don't want to repeat myself. Annex A and the national security annexes are not an blank check for the president to become a dictator the way that many on this board think he will. I am even willing to bet on this.

On January 20th 2009 George W Bush will step down as president, In his place will either be Barack Obama (I HOPE) or John McCain (Let's Hope Not) But George W Bush will no longer be the president of the united states baring some attack on our soil from a foreign government in which they have troops stationed on our soil and have invaded. Other than that there is no reason in the world even if we do attack Iran for President Bush to remain in office past the end of his term.

Remember Presidential Directives are not laws. They cannot change the law, nor can they supersede the constitution of the United States.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I am a Pens fan too. It was more a joke than anything. Don't flatter yourself.

Racist Reverend? ONE count it ONE video clip that shows a racially driven remark. You will have to do better than that to prove that A) The reverend is a racist and B) that Michelle had ties with him to the point that she is a racist.

Nice try though.

Her thesis was about black Princeton grads and how they culturally integrated into society after college. HOW IS THAT RACIST?

You are grasping at nothing here, my friend, nothing.

If the Obama's are so racist then explain how most of the campaign staff is white.

Explain how race was NOT EVEN AN ISSUE until the Rev Wright thing came to pass.

Can you deny that Obama did everything in his power to keep race out of this?

Give me a break you guys with all of this crap.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Whatukno, while I agree with your sentiment, the NSPD is executable under law UNLESS congress over rides it with different legislation. Thats the tricky thing about it.

Presidential Directives are a form of executive order issued by the President of the United States with the advice and consent of the National Security Council. As a form of executive order, a Presidential Directive has the "full force and effect of law."[1] Because of the nature of presidential directives as pertaining to the national security of the United States, many presidential directives are promulgated as classified. Various presidents since the administration of John F. Kennedy have issued such directives but under different names.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I could go into this further but this is derailing the topic at hand and the point of this thread is the unreasonable assumption by fox news that everything uttered out of the mouth of Obama's wife is racially motivated and that she is some sort of a biggoted monster.

What is odd is that no quotes have been put forth by the OP to defend his position on the subject. Instead this thread has been changed to relay the paranoia that this board has repeatedly spewed that our government is going to be taken over by in my opinion a retarded monkey.

The issue at hand is Obamma's wifes supposed racial remarks and how evil she is. Perhaps the OP would like to elaborate on the evils this woman has reportedly spouted.

And also TruthWithin the subject of NPSD 51 would be an excelent one for a debate between us if you are so inclined.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You are right on in your statement. Fox news will simply drop these kind of statements and such just for the headlines it will get. Not because there is any fact backing it up. It's just like having the person on that let the 'assassination of Obama' slip out in a 'Joking' manner. It's pathetic really that anyone will absolutely put their faith in any news agency let alone one that has won a court case stating that they do not have to tell the truth in their broadcasts.

On a side note, your image changes and it is very distracting! Yes, ATS is hot but so is that picture!
Can't wait to see the next one!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Racist Reverend? ONE count it ONE video clip that shows a racially driven remark. You will have to do better than that to prove that A) The reverend is a racist and B) that Michelle had ties with him to the point that she is a racist.

Do you really want me to start pulling Rev. Wright quotes? They're all over the internet. It's not one video, nor one audio clip, there are many, many quotes from sermons spanning decades. There's really no question that Rev. Wright is racially motivated.

All you really need to do is go look at the church website and you can find the following:

The Black Value System

Commitment to the Black Community
Commitment to the Black Family
Adherence to the Black Work Ethic
Pledge to Make the Fruits of All Developing and Acquired Skills
Available to the Black community
Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting Black Institutions.
Pledge Allegiance to all Black Leadership Who Espouse and Embrace The Black Value System.
Personal Commitment to Embracement of the Black Value System - to Measure the Worth and Validity of All Activity in Terms of Positive Contributions to the General Welfare of the Black Community and the Advancement of Black People towards Freedom.

Can you read that and still think that the church isn't racially motivated? It seems to me that you could remove every incident of the word "black" in that quote and it would still mean the same thing but wouldn't be directed at just one race...would you agree? Now take that quote and replace every incidence of the word black with white. Are you offended?

What really bothers me about the entire situation is that I'm afraid an Obama Presidency is going to represent the "black community" as mentioned in the church mission statement to the detriment of everybody else.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join