It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BIGGEST change to our world to come. NANOTECHNOLOGY. The Good, The bad and The Ugly.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think an interesting area will be in how we build things. Why use screws of welds to assemble parts when it can be made in one piece and avoid joints that can fail? Imagine an engine block made of all one piece. It could be made lighter and stronger than anything that we could build now. And with channels built into it some self healing could be incorporated. Parts could be made to tolerances that we can't imagine now. Recycling could have wonderful efficiency levels.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
I think an interesting area will be in how we build things. Why use screws of welds to assemble parts when it can be made in one piece and avoid joints that can fail? Imagine an engine block made of all one piece. It could be made lighter and stronger than anything that we could build now. And with channels built into it some self healing could be incorporated. Parts could be made to tolerances that we can't imagine now. Recycling could have wonderful efficiency levels.

Yes interesting idea!

I think new types of materials could develop from this, maybe the same material, but it will react differently when created with nanotechnology? who knows.

As you can see nanotechnology really is deep in the variety of subjects it can get involved with. It really is world changing technology.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, lets see with a mature nanotechnology basis we could literally for example combine glass with steel. One layer (molecule thick) of Glass, one of steel, repeat as needed for appropriate thickness desired. You'd have something that you could look through (Like tinted glass) and it would be a lot more durable combining flexibility and strength. Imagine that for Car glass. There are plenty more examples in the area of materials technology alone that would be aided by this.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
i know what id do with the this tech giant mechwarriors ultra space marines stupid fun time

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to the day when surgery will be obsolete, because when that day comes, that will mean paralysis is a thing of the past.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join