It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cut your f'n lawn!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
reply to post by nuts!

lol, I'm on my way honey with an extra tank of gas strapped on my back!

I might be there in a couple months!

Cool i will stack the fridge with all the goodies needed.
Cant wait till you get here, the lawn cant either, but it will...i will have a good talking to it. (the lawn has a drinking problem)
Ring me when your half way, i think there is a phone bouy about there.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I most certainly hope that you are not that annoying neighbor from across the street, you know... the one that moved in right across from MY trailer park and started complaining.

You moved there... and now you are complaining about the barely visible cars parked in the front lawn? What gives? My property tax is getting as high as my grass just from you moving in, and frankly I didn't appreciate you shoveling your fine gravel driveway into the back of your brand new truck all night long, just because you may not have liked the size of the pebbles... (oh, and you left a good portion on the road for me to run over in my old beater car) but the least you could have done was drop a load in my driveway for crap sakes.

Mow my lawn? I have an old reel mower, just becase it builds muscle and at the same time uses no fossil fuels... and as I drive away in my old VW bus... I smirk in your general direction.

Mow it yourself, if it gets on your nerves that much.. maybe I will BBQ you some ribs sometime, but just remember, I own the trailer park I live in....
:w:

~on the front porch~
~telemetry~

[speelings]

[edit on 13-6-2008 by telemetry]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
blah blah blah...

you guys just keep your grass tall and your lawn ugly.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In canton in Ohio, they just arrested 30 people for having lawns to high, the grass thing is getting out of hand.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

Okay nuts, I am stuck at the coastline wondering how I am going to make it past the water...hmmmm?

Wheres Wuk and his pirate ship when needed?
I am sure I can bring alot of rum to feed the lawn if he shows up!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
blah blah blah...

you guys just keep your grass tall and your lawn ugly.

Why is long grass ugly? ha, ha, ha!

Dear mr infamous....while I respect many of your intelligent comments on previous threads and have even given you stars in the past, you have blown things right out of the water here by being so small-minded.

It's GRASS....grass grows....grass is good....

It's only personal opinion that makes it a problem for you strengthened by "the powers that be".

Maybe someone should come round to your house and tell you how to present and maintain it!

And to have authorities taking action against it's citizens for not cutting their grass just about sums up the mentality there doesn't it?

"Zeig Heil, zeig heil, zeig heil"...conform or be punished....and you are working FOR big brother.

Dumb!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

And to have authorities taking action against it's citizens for not cutting their grass just about sums up the mentality there doesn't it?

"Zeig Heil, zeig heil, zeig heil"...conform or be punished....and you are working FOR big brother.

Dumb!

I disagree with you on this. If you owned a home next to one that was not being taken care of, it brings down the value of your house. Have you ever shopped for a house? Would you rather live next to people who appear to care about their property, or people that don't?

That is another reason to pitch in and help a neighbor that possibly can't take care of theirs for whatever reason.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

The comment I made about calling the garden police was made in jest, as was Lords comment, our humour obviously went over your head. (shows the mentality indeed)
I dont think the need to be on the attack is warranted here.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
reply to post by nuts!

Okay nuts, I am stuck at the coastline wondering how I am going to make it past the water...hmmmm?

Wheres Wuk and his pirate ship when needed?
I am sure I can bring alot of rum to feed the lawn if he shows up!

He's bound to turn up and save the day GM, he can be the hero of our lawn mowing endeavour. hehehe and my lawns best freind.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
If you owned a home next to one that was not being taken care of, it brings down the value of your house. Have you ever shopped for a house? Would you rather live next to people who appear to care about their property, or people that don't?

And that's so important to you isn't it?...... money, money, money ....image, image, image....

SUPERFICIAL! You judge a book by it's cover.

Maybe you should petition to have all the trees in the street "trimmed" too so the birds don't cr*p on the sidewalks and shiny cars or the gutters don't get blocked by leaves.

Sorry, this makes me mad

Would you NOT buy a property because the neigbour didn't cut their grass?

Think of the money that could be saved if you were a buyer and mentioned it's a problem to the seller and bargained a bit! ...works both ways....

Enough saved to buy a new fence and a nice new mower!

So knock on the door to offer help or just to check there isn't a dead corpse there, but to miss any kind of "bigger picture" is wrong.

With so much talk here regarding "freedom" and "rights" and "DENYING IGNORANCE", don't you think it's hippocritical to wish to "enforce" rules upon individuals for minding their own property how they wish?

I also believe it's an offence not to water your grass in some states if it is suffering from heat or drought.

Oh the irony!

Prosecuting by authorities for these kind of things has been brought about by the actions of individuals who feel they are superior to others who don't fit in to the "fed" ideologies and don't "conform" to their rules.

What do you think the maximum regulatory grass height should be then?

What if I wanted a "natural" grass lawn? Would I need a special permit, sign and a fence?

.......you destroy your own freedoms from the inside!

I love the unmanicured part of my garden...long grass, flowers, weeds, whatever wants to grow. It's good to give something back to nature for a change.

Maybe those who work so hard on their appearance are angry at those who don't NEED to!

Let it grow................

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

And that's so important to you isn't it?...... money, money, money ....image, image, image....

Why yes, of coarse! Purchasing a home is an investment, not just a place to live.

SUPERFICIAL! You judge a book by it's cover.

Depends on the type of book.

Maybe you should petition to have all the trees in the street "trimmed" too so the birds don't cr*p on the sidewalks and shiny cars or the gutters don't get blocked by leaves.

Actually, I have lived in a place that had a homeowners association, and keeping your gutters clean was one of the rules.

Sorry, this makes me mad

No apology needed. Different strokes for different folks.

Would you NOT buy a property because the neigbour didn't cut their grass?

If it had been let go for a long time, no. A week or too wouldn't bother me. Maybe they were on vacation.

Think of the money that could be saved if you were a buyer and mentioned it's a problem to the seller and bargained a bit! ...works both ways....

Then again, maybe the sellers are moving because the neighbors are slobs. I would keep looking until I found something else.

Enough saved to buy a new fence and a nice new mower!

I don't need a new mower. I don't like fences.

So knock on the door to offer help or just to check there isn't a dead corpse there, but to miss any kind of "bigger picture" is wrong.

If it was my neighborhood, I would knock on the door and offer to help like in the old neighborhood I lived in.

With so much talk here regarding "freedom" and "rights" and "DENYING IGNORANCE", don't you think it's hippocritical to wish to "enforce" rules upon individuals for minding their own property how they wish?

No problem there, because I would not move into an area with unkempt lawns.

I also believe it's an offence not to water your grass in some states if it is suffering from heat or drought.

No problem unless there is a watering ban.

Oh the irony!

Prosecuting by authorities for these kind of things has been brought about by the actions of individuals who feel they are superior to others who don't fit in to the "fed" ideologies and don't "conform" to their rules.

Not really. some people are inferior, because they are too lazy to mow their lawns.

What do you think the maximum regulatory grass height should be then?

Hmmm, about an inch and a half is nice. I like lawns that look like golf courses.

What if I wanted a "natural" grass lawn? Would I need a special permit, sign and a fence?

I guess you would have to check on the laws within your community.

.......you destroy your own freedoms from the inside!

It depends on what your taste is. I guess if a manicured neighborhood is not your style, then you shouldn't live there.

I love the unmanicured part of my garden...long grass, flowers, weeds, whatever wants to grow. It's good to give something back to nature for a change.

Good for you!

Maybe those who work so hard on their appearance are angry at those who don't NEED to!

I enjoy doing yard work. It's easy. I also have a nice garden within my manicured lawn, of flowers, and a vegetable garden as well.

Let it grow................

No thanks. I don't want wild cats, rats, snakes, raccoons or bums in my yard.

edit to fix a quote

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
Not really. some people are inferior, because they are too lazy to mow their lawns.
No thanks. I don't want wild cats, rats, snakes, raccoons or bums in my yard.
[edit on 13-6-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

statement 1 is the truth. and 2 is the reason why ppl should cut their f'n lawn when it get's too ugly.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Do I detect a hint of "snobbery" here?

Sad.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I was waiting for a post like this! - Why assume they are lazy? Their time could be occupied, by IMPORTANT things, like NWO research, or simply trying to get by, so they work 24/7? WHO KNOWS? DO YOU KNOW THEM? - Perhaps they are like me, & see no reason to conform to the RIDICULOUS norms, like if you are a boy, you shhould have short hair, etc; Don't get me wrong; I shave, & keep the house clean, but when it comes to what I think of the length of my grass, I would rather paint my ass green & do something wacky instead of .... cutting grass, because it's a WASTE OF TIME, U"NNESSESARY, UNNATURAL, & I see no point. - I much prefer to see the natural dandelions, & grass, blowing in the wind, than to see my grumpy maintenance man pushing a GAS BURNING mower just because he needs the money.

There's a lot more (serious) things to be worrying about these days.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Lawn Mower
en.wikipedia.org...

The history says it was created as an easier way to groom the grounds for sports.
I say it should have been left that way.
Gas powered ones are getting too pricey to use. The exhaust contributes to global warming..if you believe in it..
Personally i cannot fathom spending hundreds of dollars on pesticide, herbicide, fertilizer, miracle grow, seeds..to get a beautiful healthy, "looks like a Golf course" lawn..and then cut it all down!?
Good grief.:shk:
The ones that criss cross the lawnmower tracks in their yard make me freakin laugh.

I let my backyard grass grow. I like it that way. It keeps the neighbors kids from going into my yard and peeking in the patio door. Especially since I left the huge patch of 6 foot high stinging nettle by the fence..hehehe.
No dogs come into my yard because the don't like the long grass tickling their butt. HAHAHA!
I could care less what my neighbors think. Especially when I watch them clean up a fresh pile from the local wandering canines..

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Stinging nettle......That's just mean!!

You're twisted sister

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Would you like me to list all the reasons I've heard?

Lawn mower broke
No gas
Need ether to start it
will do it this weekend
it was too hot today
the grass is too tall to cut
was playing video games

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
reply to post by AccessDenied

Stinging nettle......That's just mean!!

You're twisted sister

Well...
I didn't plant it there..
It just grows there.
And who am I to mess with mother nature?
*Evil laugh*

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
reply to post by LordInfamous

Would you like me to list all the reasons I've heard?

Lawn mower broke
No gas
Need ether to start it
will do it this weekend
it was too hot today
the grass is too tall to cut
was playing video games

1. passable

2. passable

3. passable

4. no, you're just a lazy procrastinating bastard who said the same thing last weekend.

5. aww ffs man up and cut the damn lawn.

6. call the landscaping folks

7. once again you're a lazy procrastinating bastard.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This reminds me of an episode of the X-Files I believe it was where they act as husband and wife and move into this way too perfect neighborhood where people keep turning up missing. Turned out that when people didn't keep up with keeping their house and yard perfect, some weird monster would come up from the street and eat them.

So Access hun, I'd be scared!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join