It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to pastor: Renounce your faith!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

"Well, that's why we have crimes and consequences against them (hate crimes). Your freedom of speech is not to be used as a voice of abuse, slander and dictatorially biased personal opinion, but rather was intended to be the freedom to voice objective reason."
[
i]reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Who exactly made you the arbitrator of what the right of free speech should be? Indeed, WHEN our Founding Fathers FIRST started exercising freedom of speech, THEY were accused of espousing "slander", "abusive" and rebellious "personal opinions". THEY were the minority and the majority used MUCH the same arguments as yours to silence them.

"Without freedom of thought there can be no such thing as wisdom and no such thing as public liberty without freedom of speech, which is the right of every man...Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech, a thing terrible to public traitors..." -Ben Franklin

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
a few thoughts.....
Firstly, if you are christian, then you certainly are aware that these are said to be the "last days" of revelations.

What part of my reply made me sound like a Christian, I was saying I was PROUD that the government was making this bigot suffer

It is well prophesied exactly what is occuring right now...
they will call evil good and good evil.....
etc etc.

Do you know how many religions have existed over the course of human history? Do you know how many have fallen? Thats right, ALL OF THEM. Come on any idiot making a religion would know this, so you toss in a little paragraph "when this relgion starts failing it means the end of the world is coming" That way people will get scared and rejoin the religion, luckily however alot of people are too smart for this and not rejoining cause of a lame threat.

As to the rest of your reply, I think your insane. How does homosexuality cause totalitarianism? Look if you don't like gays, go %#^& yourself. Pretty simple, your a bigot and anyone in their right mind should hate you. Now I'm not gay, but I'm tired of your Nazi-esque way of thinking

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Damien_Hell]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join