It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama was born in Kenya! Proof to be rolled out shortly.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I found this interesting.

Is this an attempt to get Obama to disclose his birth certificate? I must say it is clever.

GOP dirty tricks operatives dispatched to Kenya to dig up any useful "dirt" on Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, Jr., and his late Kenyan father Barack Obama, Sr., believe they have found a "smoking gun." In this case, it is a birth certificate from the Kenyan city of Mombasa registering the birth of Barack Obama, Jr., on August 4, 1961.

onlinejournal.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Isn't it as simple as doing a search at one of the geneology sites (I no longer have an account at one or I would).

Edit:
No need for that I guess

However, the registration is a common practice in African countries whose citizens abroad have families with foreign nationals.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Obama WASN"T born in Kenya, he was born in Hawaii and if the OP had read the article he sited from, he would know that. Please, do your research, Obama wasn't born in Kenya and even the article says he was born in Hawaii.
Please, report the truth and don't distort it.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
How old is Obama?Lets say for instance he is born before hawaii became a state,does that mean he can still be president?Since you have to be a us born citizen.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
mc cain wasn't born in the US. that's a fact. seriously. look it up.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by endrun
Obama WASN"T born in Kenya, he was born in Hawaii and if the OP had read the article he sited from, he would know that. Please, do your research, Obama wasn't born in Kenya and even the article says he was born in Hawaii.
Please, report the truth and don't distort it.

Other than Obama claiming he was born in Hawaii, what is your evidence that he was born there? If there is a certificate from Kenya, what does that mean?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
He was born in 1960 or 1961, Hawaii became a state in 1958 or 59. It's all over the net, you can Google it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by endrun
He was born in 1960 or 1961, Hawaii became a state in 1958 or 59. It's all over the net, you can Google it.

Google results don't validate where somebody was born. Apparently there is a controversy over the fact that Obama refuses to release a copy of his birth certificate for some reason, and without that, it's just his claim that he was born in Hawaii that makes people believe it.

The main reason I find this interesting is because of the big deal the Dems made about passing the resolution about McCain being eligible to be POTUS even though he was born in the Panama Canal Zone.

When was the last time you ever saw the Dems pass a resolution to help a Republican? Did they have an ulterior motive?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I agree that the article is misleading. It first states that they found evidence he was born in kenya, then directly after that it states he was born in Hawaii as if it is fact.

In this case, it is a birth certificate from the Kenyan city of Mombasa registering the birth of Barack Obama, Jr., on August 4, 1961. However, the registration is a common practice in African countries whose citizens abroad have families with foreign nationals. Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to his Ann Dunham of Wichita, Kansas, and Barack Obama, Sr., of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Kenya.

However, I believe the idea here is to plant the seed in the voters mind, also like the article says.

They are just trying to dig up dirt here, politician style. Dirty politics. I DO believe however, Obama needs to be required to present his birth certificate....it's only fair...everyone else has to, why not him? In fact, you would think he would be even more pressed to seeing as how he is the first non-white presidential nominee.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
However, I believe the idea here is to plant the seed in the voters mind, also like the article says.

They are just trying to dig up dirt here, politician style. Dirty politics. I DO believe however, Obama needs to be required to present his birth certificate....it's only fair...everyone else has to, why not him? In fact, you would think he would be even more pressed to seeing as how he is the first non-white presidential nominee.

Bingo!

A star for you.
Wow. People can be kind of scary when they hide behind their computer screens.

There is probably data on the certificate that can be distorted. Just a guess. I don't think the Democratic party is stupid enough to have not vetted his citizenship thouroughly. The stakes are too high for them.

It is good to know someone on here is capable of rational thought.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Other than Obama claiming he was born in Hawaii, what is your evidence that he was born there?

What is your evidence he wasn't born there, other than the unsubstantiated accusation that he wasn't?

Originally posted by jamie83
If there is a certificate from Kenya, what does that mean?

Well, that has already been explained. But you choose to ignore it. Though I doubt you missed it, just in case, scroll up and re-read the posts here.

However, it doesn't matter one bit. He is a US citizen by birth, by the fact his mom is a US citizen. He is still able to be President.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

They are just trying to dig up dirt here, politician style. Dirty politics. I DO believe however, Obama needs to be required to present his birth certificate....it's only fair...everyone else has to, why not him?

Let's be honest here. It won't matter if he produces his birth certificate. As shown in other threads about this subject, those demanding his birth certificate will never be satisfied. They will say it isn't good enough unless it fulfills their ignorant fantasies.

In fact, you would think he would be even more pressed to seeing as how he is the first non-white presidential nominee.

Huh? What? What kind of thinking is that? Why should he be more pressed simply because he isn't white?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You guys are misunderstanding the point that site is trying to make. It's not that he was born in Kenya. Their argument is that if there is a birth certificate on file in Kenya that would confirm that Obama has Kenyan citizenship. They think this dual citizenship will provent him from benig eligible for President. I haven't seen proof yet that a person with dual citizenship can't be President, but I haven't gone out and researched it either.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

In fact, you would think he would be even more pressed to seeing as how he is the first non-white presidential nominee.

Huh? What? What kind of thinking is that? Why should he be more pressed simply because he isn't white?

I think you misunderstand me here. I'm not saying because he's black he needs to show us his birth certificate, I'm saying that you'd think the Democrats would have already found dirt on that if they were gonna find it due to the fact that he is black. Yes, I do think the rich white people in America would try to use the fact that he is black in any way possible against him. Hence the whole birth certificate situation. And I think if they WERE going to use it against him, they would have already found their reason and presented it publicly to turn speculation into fact. That is why this birth certificate thing is such hooey.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Their argument is that if there is a birth certificate on file in Kenya that would confirm that Obama has Kenyan citizenship. They think this dual citizenship will provent him from benig eligible for President. I haven't seen proof yet that a person with dual citizenship can't be President, but I haven't gone out and researched it either.

It still would not matter. Under the Constitution, there are only three requirements to be President:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Barack Obama meets every single one of those qualifications.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Their argument is that if there is a birth certificate on file in Kenya that would confirm that Obama has Kenyan citizenship. They think this dual citizenship will provent him from benig eligible for President. I haven't seen proof yet that a person with dual citizenship can't be President, but I haven't gone out and researched it either.

It still would not matter. Under the Constitution, there are only three requirements to be President:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Barack Obama meets every single one of those qualifications.

Very well put.
He doesn't have to be a natural born citizen as long as he meets the requirements to be a citizen of the United States. And the requirements are here: www.us-immigration-attorney.com... and I'm pretty sure he meets all those criteria as well, assuming he is not a natural born citizen, which he is.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I think you misunderstand me here...

I did misunderstand. You have my apologies.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Very well put. He doesn't have to be a natural born citizen as long as he meets the requirements to be a citizen of the United States.

Actually, he does have to be a natural-born citizen. The clause stating: "or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President" can be bit confusing, because of the misplaced comma. It applies only to those who were foriegn-born, non-natural-born citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution in 1790. Anyone born after that time has to be a natural-born citizen.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

His mother was a U.S. citizen thus HE IS ONE! End of discussion people. God!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Very well put. He doesn't have to be a natural born citizen as long as he meets the requirements to be a citizen of the United States.

Actually, he does have to be a natural-born citizen. The clause stating: "or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution shall be eligible to the Office of President" can be bit confusing, because of the misplaced comma. It applies only to those who were foriegn-born, non-natural-born citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution in 1790. Anyone born after that time has to be a natural-born citizen.

Yes, you are right. I did misunderstand it because of the misplaced comma. It read totally different for me. You think it was worded that way on purpose?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join